[News] PS3 Closes Gap wrt the Wii in Japan - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] PS3 Closes Gap wrt the Wii in Japan - Linux ; Wii trims lead over PS3 in Japan ,----[ Quote ] | Nintendo sold 110,415 units of the Wii in the four weeks to October 28, | compared with 47,183 units of the PS3, Enterbrain said on Friday. `---- http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071102/...o_sony_game_dc Related: ...

  1. [News] PS3 Closes Gap wrt the Wii in Japan

    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071102/...o_sony_game_dc

    Related:

    PS3 + Linux + Firefox = Office 2.0 computing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Sony and a technology site are using a conference to show off a confluence of
    | next-generation, monopoly-bypassing technology: a Sony Playstation 3
    | videogame console running Linux and Firefox as a foundation for
    | Web-based "Office 2.0" applications.
    |
    | IT|Redux, a site run by blogger and tech adviser Ismael Ghalimi, is showing
    | off the system at the Office 2.0 Conference in San Francisco. IT|Redux is the
    | show organizer.
    `----

    http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9772115-1.html

    PS3 available pre-installed with Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | TerraSoft is now taking direct pre-orders with no delivery
    | time guarantees for a Sony PS3 pre-installed with Linux,
    | priced at $650.
    `----

    Astrophysicist Replaces Supercomputer with Eight PlayStation 3s

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The interest in the PS3 really was for two main reasons," explains Khanna, an
    | assistant professor at the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth who
    | specializes in computational astrophysics. "One of those is that Sony did
    | this remarkable thing of making the PS3 an open platform, so you can in fact
    | run Linux on it and it doesn't control what you do."
    `----

    http://www.wired.com/techbiz/it/news..._supercomputer

  2. Re: [News] PS3 Closes Gap wrt the Wii in Japan

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > Wii trims lead over PS3 in Japan
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Nintendo sold 110,415 units of the Wii in the four weeks to October 28,
    > | compared with 47,183 units of the PS3, Enterbrain said on Friday.
    > `----
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071102/...o_sony_game_dc

    What you really mean is the gap isn't growing as fast, to close the gap,
    Sony has to sell MORE than Nintendo. Just wait until the Holiday sales in
    Japan, see who sells more....my bet is won't be Sony, unless Nintendo
    really short on inventory.

+ Reply to Thread