GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors - Linux

This is a discussion on GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors - Linux ; Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors? After a few days research I identified many linux system vendors. Few responded appropriately to email inquiries and one was downright rude. Here is a list, in order of quality of response, of the ...

  1. GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    After a few days research I identified many linux system vendors. Few responded
    appropriately to email inquiries and one was downright rude.

    Here is a list, in order of quality of response, of the vendors I contacted.

    I list only the better of the rather lackluster replies, since I do not want
    to give publicity to the BAD ones, except for the one really UGLY one below.

    Hope this will save some other consumers the time and keystrokes of email that
    is ignored or customers who are
    disrespected. I have come to the conclusion that most linux vendors either
    cannot run good customer service, or do not
    care. A good argument for going back to windows 2000.
    Vendors who replied, in order of quality of detail of reply
    and being on point along with comments.

    pogolinux.com -best response of the bunch, contact pete.s

    micronux.com - first responded well then ignored further questions

    powernotebooks.com - good response but little effort-extremely confusing webpage,
    looks almost like a shell game
    xnbs.com

    monarchcomputer.com - responded, but would give no information other than asking
    me to call their 800 ID you line

    pssclabs.com, same as for monarch

    emergentsx.com - responded saying it did not want my business and
    gave my email address to third party without my permission

    The a**hole of the bunch award goest to alvin at linux-1u.net. His
    response was rude and insulting. I would not do business with
    that company if they were the last linux vendor on earth-
    I'd go to windows instead.

  2. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:40:02 +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    I'm sick of ****ing trolls posting the same bull**** under three different
    usernames.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV

  3. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    Nomen Nescio wrote in

    > Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    Okay this is pure troll bait, but I'll bite. What exactly is your point of
    this post? You are not helping anyone or asking for any help. What did you
    email these vendors about, sometimes consumers can be real buttholes too,
    especially if they have no point in contacting the vendor other than to
    stir up controversy.

    --
    ~Ohmster
    ohmster at newsguy dot com

  4. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    Ohmster wrote:
    > Nomen Nescio wrote in
    >

    >>Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    > Okay this is pure troll bait, but I'll bite.

    If you bite, they will come...

  5. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    "A. Ben Hmeda" wrote in news:AeidnZV0gvJCUc7fRVn-
    vw@rogers.com:

    > If you bite, they will come...

    Heh!

    --
    ~Ohmster
    ohmster at newsguy dot com

  6. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    Microsoft's "X-Team" must have gotten some new blood. These anti-Linux
    trolls are all over the newsgroups and in some of the chat rooms. Whenever
    Redmond's "Special Operations" bunch gets a new ass-reaming from Billy boy
    about "the competition needs to get a bitch-slap", out come these silly
    jerkoffs.

    Well, actually they are making some good money to do this from their nice
    office at Redmond, so maybe they aren't so silly after all.

    Anyway, I will direct your attention to the firestorm against OS/2 and OS/2
    Warp back about 20 years ago. Remember the huge flame wars that the
    Microsfot "X-Team" boys cooked up over Warp. I credit their work with one
    of the major reasons Warp failed to be accepted. Man, I wish I had kept
    those logs from those old BBS, CompuServe, AOL and Prodigy chat rooms.

    Anyway, "Nomen" is out on a lake this morning someplace near Seattle having
    a beer and sitting on his fancy boat. He and the rest of "X-Team Redmon"
    will be back to work on Monday.

    Cheers!

    Dave

    Nomen Nescio wrote:

    > Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    --
    Study History - Know the Future

    www.misterfixit.blogspot.com
    www.daves928.blogspot.com

  7. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:13:42 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:40:02 +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    > I'm sick of ****ing trolls posting the same bull**** under three different
    > usernames.

    I would guess that anyone whose ideas do not match yours must qualify as
    troll?

  8. Re: GOOD & BAD & FUGLY linux vendors

    ray writes:

    > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:13:42 -0500, Ivan Marsh wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:40:02 +0200, Nomen Nescio wrote:
    > >
    > >> Anyone else sick of disrespectful vendors?

    > > I'm sick of ****ing trolls posting the same bull**** under three different
    > > usernames.

    > I would guess that anyone whose ideas do not match yours must qualify as
    > troll?

    Good ol' Nomen is very well known over on rec.autos.makers.chrysler.
    He's a troll.

+ Reply to Thread