REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007 - Linux

This is a discussion on REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007 - Linux ; Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was surprised ...

  1. REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    Ten Advocates of the Week!

    Top Ten Advocates

    1. Richard Rasker
    2. cc

    No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    the good fight.

    Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    cc

  2. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:32:23 +0000, cc wrote:

    > Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    > unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    > meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    > surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    > navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    > So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    > Ten Advocates of the Week!
    >
    > Top Ten Advocates
    >
    > 1. Richard Rasker
    > 2. cc
    >

    > No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    > on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    > the good fight.

    You say you're not a troll, but you're still behaving like one. Do grow
    up.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Nov 3, 8:43 am, Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:32:23 +0000, cc wrote:
    > > Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    > > unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    > > meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    > > surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    > > navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    > > So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    > > Ten Advocates of the Week!

    > > Top Ten Advocates

    > > 1. Richard Rasker
    > > 2. cc

    > > No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    > > on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    > > the good fight.

    > You say you're not a troll, but you're still behaving like one. Do grow
    > up.

    So I'm trolling if I post the idiots, and I'm trolling if I post the
    advocates? Should next week be a post of "Top Ten People Who Advocate
    Some, But Aren't Really Doing That Much," to get the middle of the
    road people? Would that satisfy you?

    Top Ten Reasons I'm Not Going To Do Everything Kier Tells Me To Do

    1. I'm my own person
    2. I post what I want to
    3. He spends more time complaining than advocating
    4. He's not Richard Rasker
    5. He's not the boss of me!
    6. He's not my mom!
    7. He's not my dad!
    8. He's not related to me
    9. I post 5 messages a day, I'm easy to ignore
    10. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me

  4. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:57:00 +0000, cc wrote:

    > On Nov 3, 8:43 am, Kier wrote:
    >> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:32:23 +0000, cc wrote:
    >> > Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    >> > unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    >> > meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    >> > surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    >> > navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    >> > So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    >> > Ten Advocates of the Week!

    >> > Top Ten Advocates

    >> > 1. Richard Rasker
    >> > 2. cc

    >> > No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    >> > on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    >> > the good fight.

    >> You say you're not a troll, but you're still behaving like one. Do grow
    >> up.
    >>

    > So I'm trolling if I post the idiots, and I'm trolling if I post the
    > advocates? Should next week be a post of "Top Ten People Who Advocate
    > Some, But Aren't Really Doing That Much," to get the middle of the
    > road people? Would that satisfy you?

    How about dropping the whole sill idea altogether. One set of stupid,
    manipulated 'stats' is quite enough, IMO.

    > Top Ten Reasons I'm Not Going To Do Everything Kier Tells Me To Do
    >
    > 1. I'm my own person
    > 2. I post what I want to
    > 3. He spends more time complaining than advocating

    Balls. At least I *do* advocate.

    > 4. He's not Richard Rasker
    > 5. He's not the boss of me!
    > 6. He's not my mom!
    > 7. He's not my dad!
    > 8. He's not related to me

    Thank goodness.

    > 9. I post 5 messages a day, I'm easy to ignore
    > 10. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me

    Not here, they don't.

    My point is, you're not encouraging good advocacy with this, no matter
    what you claim, no more than 7 is with his idiocy. You like being compared
    to him?

    Your intentions seem to be good, but your execution of them is manifestly
    stupid and counter-productive. Why not tell us why you use Linux, what
    brought you to it, how it is preferable to Windows and the Mac, what you
    like about it, what you'd like to see different about it, what your
    favourite distro is? Then maybe we can talk.

    --
    Kier

  5. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    ____/ cc on Saturday 03 November 2007 12:32 : \____

    > Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    > unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    > meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    > surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    > navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    > So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    > Ten Advocates of the Week!
    >
    > Top Ten Advocates
    >
    > 1. Richard Rasker
    > 2. cc
    >

    > No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    > on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    > the good fight.
    >
    > Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    > cc

    cc,

    Why do you provoke? You could do better than this and you know it.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*

  6. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Nov 3, 9:25 am, Kier wrote:
    > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:57:00 +0000, cc wrote:

    > >> You say you're not a troll, but you're still behaving like one. Do grow
    > >> up.

    > > So I'm trolling if I post the idiots, and I'm trolling if I post the
    > > advocates? Should next week be a post of "Top Ten People Who Advocate
    > > Some, But Aren't Really Doing That Much," to get the middle of the
    > > road people? Would that satisfy you?

    > How about dropping the whole sill idea altogether. One set of stupid,
    > manipulated 'stats' is quite enough, IMO.

    Mine aren't stupid, or manipulated. IMO there should be more stats
    like mine.

    > > Top Ten Reasons I'm Not Going To Do Everything Kier Tells Me To Do

    > > 1. I'm my own person
    > > 2. I post what I want to
    > > 3. He spends more time complaining than advocating

    > Balls. At least I *do* advocate.

    As do I. So you're the only one who can post topics that aren't
    advocating now? Or can that curtesy be extended to me as well.

    > > 4. He's not Richard Rasker
    > > 5. He's not the boss of me!
    > > 6. He's not my mom!
    > > 7. He's not my dad!
    > > 8. He's not related to me

    > Thank goodness.

    You missed out on some incredible genes.

    > > 9. I post 5 messages a day, I'm easy to ignore
    > > 10. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me

    > Not here, they don't.

    Speaking for everyone?

    > My point is, you're not encouraging good advocacy with this, no matter
    > what you claim, no more than 7 is with his idiocy. You like being compared
    > to him?

    I can't help it if you make off base comparisons. Is every single post
    here by people you would call advocates always encouraging advocacy,
    or always advocating? No? Then why don't you not worry about me.

    > Your intentions seem to be good, but your execution of them is manifestly
    > stupid and counter-productive. Why not tell us why you use Linux, what
    > brought you to it, how it is preferable to Windows and the Mac, what you
    > like about it, what you'd like to see different about it, what your
    > favourite distro is? Then maybe we can talk.

    I have before, I will again, but with this post I chose not to. You
    can complain about it, or you can advocate as you said I should.
    Either way, I'll continue to do as I please.

  7. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Nov 3, 9:52 am, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > ____/ cc on Saturday 03 November 2007 12:32 : \____
    >

    > > Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    > > unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    > > meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    > > surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    > > navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    > > So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    > > Ten Advocates of the Week!

    > > Top Ten Advocates

    > > 1. Richard Rasker
    > > 2. cc

    > > No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    > > on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    > > the good fight.

    > > Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    > > cc

    > cc,
    >
    > Why do you provoke? You could do better than this and you know it.

    What exactly am I provoking besides celebration of Rich for being a
    good advocate?

  8. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    > cc

    You and the nym-shifting linux-sux are doing a great job of turfing this
    place with manure.

    However, it will not succeed.

    --
    Tux rox!

  9. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    Kier wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    >> Kier wrote:
    >>
    >>> You say you're not a troll, but you're still behaving like
    >>> one. Do grow up.

    >> Top Ten Reasons I'm Not Going To Do Everything Kier Tells Me
    >> To Do

    >> 6. He's not my mom! 7. He's not my dad!

    His adolescence speaks for itself.

    > Your intentions seem to be good, but your execution of them is
    > manifestly stupid and counter-productive. Why not tell us why
    > you use Linux, what brought you to it, how it is preferable to
    > Windows and the Mac, what you like about it, what you'd like
    > to see different about it, what your favourite distro is? Then
    > maybe we can talk.

    Well put.

    --
    HPT

  10. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 23:57:49 +0900, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Kier wrote:
    >> cc wrote:

    >>> Top Ten Reasons I'm Not Going To Do Everything Kier Tells Me
    >>> To Do

    >>> 6. He's not my mom! 7. He's not my dad!

    > His adolescence speaks for itself.
    >
    >> Your intentions seem to be good, but your execution of them is
    >> manifestly stupid and counter-productive. Why not tell us why
    >> you use Linux, what brought you to it, how it is preferable to
    >> Windows and the Mac, what you like about it, what you'd like
    >> to see different about it, what your favourite distro is? Then
    >> maybe we can talk.

    > Well put.

    Ta.

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Nov 3, 10:57 am, Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    > > Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    > > cc

    > You and the nym-shifting linux-sux are doing a great job of turfing this
    > place with manure.
    >
    > However, it will not succeed.

    What won't succeed? Me continuing to post? I wasn't aware I was
    working towards some goal.

  12. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Nov 3, 10:57 am, Linonut wrote:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >>
    >> > Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    >> > cc

    >> You and the nym-shifting linux-sux are doing a great job of turfing this
    >> place with manure.
    >>
    >> However, it will not succeed.

    > What won't succeed? Me continuing to post? I wasn't aware I was
    > working towards some goal.

    It is as plain as day.

    --
    Tux rox!

  13. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Nov 3, 1:15 pm, Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    > > On Nov 3, 10:57 am, Linonut wrote:
    > >> After takin' a swig o' grog, cc belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > >> You and the nym-shifting linux-sux are doing a great job of turfing this
    > >> place with manure.

    > >> However, it will not succeed.

    > > What won't succeed? Me continuing to post? I wasn't aware I was
    > > working towards some goal.

    > It is as plain as day.

    Apparently to you. Maybe it's time to see someone about your paranoia.

  14. Re: REAL COLA Stats:Staturday the 3rd of November, 2007

    On Nov 3, 7:32 am, cc wrote:
    > Due to a herd of porcupines and, of course, Steve Ballmer, I was
    > unable to post last weekend. I apologize for that. Of course that
    > meant a build up of stupidity that I had to wade through. I was
    > surprised to see a beacon of light, a shining star, that helped my
    > navigate through the confusion, lies, and ignorance that is c.o.l.a.
    > So for this one time only (unless I change my mind), this is the Top
    > Ten Advocates of the Week!
    >
    > Top Ten Advocates
    >
    > 1. Richard Rasker
    > 2. cc
    >
    > No one else fit the bill, so I had to cut it short. Please heap praise
    > on Richard Rasker and try to model your life after his. Keep fighting
    > the good fight.
    >
    > Your friend and Microsoft's enemy,
    > cc

    We had some late entries to the race. Revised list follows.

    Top Ten Advocates

    1. Richard Rasker
    2. Handover Phist
    3. The Ghost in the Machine