Re: [News] More details emerge of Microsoft's Nigerian sabotage - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] More details emerge of Microsoft's Nigerian sabotage - Linux ; [H]omer espoused: > Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > >> What was Gates doing in Nigeria a few weeks ago? > > The pretext was, he was going for a photo opportunity with AIDS victims, ...

  1. Re: [News] More details emerge of Microsoft's Nigerian sabotage

    [H]omer espoused:

    >> What was Gates doing in Nigeria a few weeks ago?

    > The pretext was, he was going for a photo opportunity with AIDS victims,
    > IIRC. However, it's clear now what his real goal was. That "Foundation"
    > sure came in handy as a front for his underground activities, didn't it?

    I wonder how many millions have changed hands in order to deprive
    Nigerian children of a hands-on experience of the future of computing.

    That Bill Gates is so willing to take a direct part in the corruption of
    governments says so much about his character, indeed, his apparent
    complete lack of any moral values.

  2. Re: [News] More details emerge of Microsoft's Nigerian sabotage

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 10:34 : \____

    > [H]omer espoused:
    >>
    >>> What was Gates doing in Nigeria a few weeks ago?

    >> The pretext was, he was going for a photo opportunity with AIDS victims,
    >> IIRC. However, it's clear now what his real goal was. That "Foundation"
    >> sure came in handy as a front for his underground activities, didn't it?
    >>

    > I wonder how many millions have changed hands in order to deprive
    > Nigerian children of a hands-on experience of the future of computing.
    >
    > That Bill Gates is so willing to take a direct part in the corruption of
    > governments says so much about his character, indeed, his apparent
    > complete lack of any moral values.

    Here is the latest.

    Nigerian-Microsoft deal revealed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Intel has just announced that it has donated the lappies to Nigeria for
    | nothing as part of a move to train 150,000 new teachers in the populous
    | African nation. *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | It appeared that Microsoft offered to use its Partners in Learning programme,
    | which helps train teachers in computer skills, and the Nepad eSchools
    | project, which supplies schools across Africa with computers, software,
    | training, networking, connectivity, maintenance and support. This worked
    | jolly well with what Intel had in mind in giving the free PCs. * *
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir.../trojan-knocks

    So two abusive monopolies unite. Godzilla wants to eat Bambi.

    Fair competition? Not for the crooks at Intel and Microsoft. They are
    too 'busy' gaining market share and whacking mol.. errr... rivals.
    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >

  3. Re: [News] More details emerge of Microsoft's Nigerian sabotage

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 10:34 : \____
    >
    >> [H]omer espoused:

    >>> The pretext was, he was going for a photo opportunity with AIDS victims,
    >>> IIRC. However, it's clear now what his real goal was. That "Foundation"
    >>> sure came in handy as a front for his underground activities, didn't it?
    >>>

    >> I wonder how many millions have changed hands in order to deprive
    >> Nigerian children of a hands-on experience of the future of computing.
    >>
    >> That Bill Gates is so willing to take a direct part in the corruption of
    >> governments says so much about his character, indeed, his apparent
    >> complete lack of any moral values.

    > Here is the latest.
    >
    > Nigerian-Microsoft deal revealed
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| Intel has just announced that it has donated the lappies to Nigeria for
    >| nothing as part of a move to train 150,000 new teachers in the populous
    >| African nation. *
    >|
    >| [...]
    >|
    >| It appeared that Microsoft offered to use its Partners in Learning programme,
    >| which helps train teachers in computer skills, and the Nepad eSchools
    >| project, which supplies schools across Africa with computers, software,
    >| training, networking, connectivity, maintenance and support. This worked
    >| jolly well with what Intel had in mind in giving the free PCs. * *
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir.../trojan-knocks
    >
    > So two abusive monopolies unite. Godzilla wants to eat Bambi.
    >
    > Fair competition? Not for the crooks at Intel and Microsoft. They are
    > too 'busy' gaining market share and whacking mol.. errr... rivals.

    I suspect that a Charity might be the only thing they *can* compete with
    now.