Maybe If You Were Honest, Roy Schestowitz ---->>>> - Linux

This is a discussion on Maybe If You Were Honest, Roy Schestowitz ---->>>> - Linux ; Tim Smith wrote: > How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux, > Roy? http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source or http://tinyurl.com/2z2g2y Subject: Mark Kent, go **** yourself Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:46 GMT From: Tim Smith Message-ID: -- --Tim Smith > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

  1. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    Subject: Mark Kent, go **** yourself
    Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:46 GMT
    From: Tim Smith

    --
    --Tim Smith

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....0?dmode=source

    or http://tinyurl.com/26vc2k

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > Or this one, for just his technology submissions:
    >

    > You've said you believe Roy, even though you admit you haven't
    > checked. Why not spend a couple minutes and find out for
    > yourself?

    Reference the official FAQ found at

    at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    > 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >
    > The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >
    > For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    > operating systems.
    >
    > That single sentence is the one and only charter of the
    > newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy. The newsgroup's charter is
    > for the newsgroup as a place for supporters of Linux to gather
    > to discuss Linux, for the betterment of the Linux community
    > and the promotion and development of Linux. It supports this
    > as a place for those who would like to learn more about Linux
    > to come to learn from those who know Linux. It does not call
    > for it to be a place where the anti-Linux propagandists to
    > gather in order to discredit Linux.
    >
    > Recommend posting according to the charter. Concerns of a
    > poster's external activity beyond c.o.l.advocacy are not
    > "discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    > operating operating systems", does not interest the Linux
    > advocates and is best left for other forums.
    [rest of ad nauseum rants deleted]

    --
    HPT

  2. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    On 2007-11-05, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> How were your lies about Rod Trent's Digg submissions
    >> advocating Linux, Roy?

    > The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >
    > For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    > operating systems.

    How is lying about Rod Trent's Digg submissions a discussion of the
    benefits of Linux compared to other opeerating systems? Do you think
    that Rod Trent is an operating system?

  3. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    Tim Smith wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> How were your lies about Rod Trent's Digg submissions
    >>> advocating Linux, Roy?

    >> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....0?dmode=source
    >>
    >> or http://tinyurl.com/26vc2k
    >>

    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> Or this one, for just his technology submissions:
    >>>

    >>> You've said you believe Roy, even though you admit you
    >>> haven't checked. Why not spend a couple minutes and find
    >>> out for yourself?

    >> Reference the official FAQ found at
    >>
    >> at http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >>
    >>> 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy
    >>>
    >>> The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
    >>>
    >>> For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to
    >>> other operating systems.

    >>> Recommend posting according to the charter. Concerns of a
    >>> poster's external activity beyond c.o.l.advocacy are not
    >>> "discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    >>> operating operating systems", does not interest the Linux
    >>> advocates and is best left for other forums.

    > How is lying about Rod Trent's Digg submissions a discussion
    > of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems?
    > Do you think that Rod Trent is an operating system?

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present evidence
    to support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid claims and
    have your anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the same. Do the
    same for any invalid claims that you have notice your anti-Linux
    propagandists comrades make.
    --
    HPT

  4. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux,
    >> Roy?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source

    > or http://tinyurl.com/2z2g2y
    >
    > [quote]
    > Subject: Mark Kent, go **** yourself
    > Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:46 GMT
    > From: Tim Smith

    Is that Smith troll claiming he's a linux advocate now?

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1.5

  5. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    "William Poaster" wrote in message
    newsgf305-9mg.ln1@Linux-AMD64.archimedes.eu...
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux,
    >>> Roy?

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source
    >>
    >> or http://tinyurl.com/2z2g2y
    >>
    >> [quote]
    >> Subject: Mark Kent, go **** yourself
    >> Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:46 GMT
    >> From: Tim Smith

    > Is that Smith troll claiming he's a linux advocate now?

    Is the Willy Boaster idiot claiming that a NTP Time Server will set time
    zone information again?

  6. Re: Maybe If You Were Honest, Roy Schestowitz ---->>>>

    gary.stewarts.vagina@gmail.com wrote:

    >(snip)

    Guess what?

  7. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    >Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux,
    >> Roy?

    What do you get out of being a trolling snot, Timmy?

  8. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    William Poaster wrote:

    > Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2 AMD64, PC-BSD 1.4,
    > Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1.5
    > Linux systems: Debian 4.0, PCLinuxOS 2007,
    > Kubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" AMD64

    All that "great" code and all you can talk about for 3 years is cola trolls
    and killfiles?

    Why don't you tell us something about *BSD, like how well does KDE run on
    it. Or noticeable speed differences between FreeBSD and Kubuntu on AMD64
    systems.

  9. Re: Maybe If You Were Honest, Roy Schestowitz ---->>>>

    After takin' a swig o' grog, chrisv belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > gary.stewarts.vagina@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>(snip)

    > Guess what?

    In its email address above, I think "vagenis" would be more accurate. Or
    "mangina".

  10. Re: Maybe If You Were Honest, Roy Schestowitz ---->>>>

    On Nov 3, 5:06 am, "Enzyte Bob" wrote:
> [...]

    > > filled with hate, paranoia and lies it ends up beoming worthless and
    > > in effect what could be a reasonable discussion turns into a peeing
    > > contest.
    > > Nobody knows what your motives for being in this group are and if you
    > > would just stay on topic, stop the misleading subject lines and filter
    > > out some of your spam, I doubt anyone would really care.
    > > Others have suggested posting more meat and less filler. IOW chose the
    > > better articles and stop re-posting the same ones over and over again
    > > tagged onto each other.
    > > But you seem to have some mission of mercy that you are on, for
    > > whatever reason, and that is what is clouding your judgement.
    > > Honestly, how can you spend 24x7 posting to the Internet?
    > > Don't you have a life?
    > > Your website indicates that you have varied interests which at least
    > > in theory would make you a well rounded person?
    > > So why waste your time with what has to amount to a huge mental
    > > strain?
    > > You were even posting on Christamas Day last year and it wasn't just
    > > to wish the group a Merry Christmas.
    > > Think about that Roy.

    > > In conlcusion, we are going to leave you alone for a while to see if
    > > you consider improving your posting skills.
    > > No attacks.
    > > No name calling.
    > > Nada.
    > > See you next year and please don't sit at the computer on Christmas
    > > day posting to COLA.

    > I can't/won't speak for everyone else but I can speak for myself. The top
    > part of your post describes my motives perfectly. This section right here:
    >
    > > We don't hate Linux.
    > > Most of us don't worship Windows or Microsoft either.
    > > The majority of people in this group are techs, computer enthusiasts
    > > and so forth and as such we are always looking for a better mouse
    > > trap.
    > > Most of us use both systems and have experiences with both systems.
    > > We enjoy reading about Linux and Microsoft as well but when it becomes
    > > filled with hate, paranoia and lies it ends up beoming worthless and
    > > in effect what could be a reasonable discussion turns into a peeing
    > > contest.
    > > Nobody knows what your motives for being in this group are and if you
    > > would just stay on topic, stop the misleading subject lines and filter
    > > out some of your spam, I doubt anyone would really care.

    > Emphasis on this section:
    >
    > > if you
    > > would just stay on topic, stop the misleading subject lines and filter
    > > out some of your spam, I doubt anyone would really care.

    > Currently Roy Schestowitz is not on a habitual liar, but an incredibly
    > dishonest one at that. Given the fact that Roy Schestowitz has absolutely
    > zero honesty, self-respect of morals I like making fun of him and pointing
    > out what a dishonest jerk the little boy really is.
    >
    > His dishonest and intentionally misleading posts have "earned" him this

    Well, Bob---or is it

    Adam Baum, Barb Dwyer, Bruce Banner, Capt. James Pike, Capt. Morgan,
    Captain Commando, Colonel Ichabod Conk, Cpl Kronk, Dan D. Lyons, Dr.
    Disco, Dr. Fafoofnik, Dr. Feelgood, Dr Gang Green, Dr. GroundAxe, Dr.
    Hungwell, Dr. Hurt, Dr. Livingston, Dr. McGillicudy, Dr. Pain, Dr.
    Seymour Butts, Dr. Shlongwell, Dr.Smooth, Dr. Zhivago, Geppetto
    Olivio, Gordon Glover, Jeremy Wembley, Judge Dredd, Keith Windsor,
    Lintard Luser, Lt. Stardust, Mindy Cohen impersonator, Mr. Doug Hoel,
    Mr. X, Ms. Polly Ester, Ofc. Michael Clayton, Professor Dungby, Randy
    Oaks, Reggie Nolad, SgtMajor Gansevoort, Sgt. Wannacker, Simon
    Templar, Sir Michael Clayton, Sophie McDowell, Sue Romer, Troy
    McClure, Warren Piece, Zumwalt Humphry?

    Do you and banjo boy enjoy making a chorus? Or maybe you're just
    talking to yourself, trying to look like you've got support from an
    independent poster? You spend a lot of time doing this. Must make it
    hard to pay the bills.

  11. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    ____/ William Poaster on Monday 05 November 2007 12:39 : \____

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux,
    >>> Roy?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source

    >> or http://tinyurl.com/2z2g2y
    >>
    >> [quote]
    >> Subject: Mark Kent, go **** yourself
    >> Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:46 GMT
    >> From: Tim Smith

    > Is that Smith troll claiming he's a linux advocate now?

    The 'polite' Timmy has a new name: Tim "go **** yourself!!11" Smith. That's why
    he's killfiled here and elsewhere.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows: as good as Richard Stallman's dental higiene
    Mem: 515500k total, 445264k used, 70236k free, 2124k buffers

  12. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    On 2007-11-05, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> How is lying about Rod Trent's Digg submissions a discussion
    >> of the benefits of Linux compared to other operating systems?
    >> Do you think that Rod Trent is an operating system?

    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    And that justifies Roy's lies about Rod Trent's Digg submissions how?

  13. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    Tim Smith droned on ad nauseum:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Tim Smith with a nagging voice whined:
    >>>
    >>> How is lying about Rod Trent's Digg submissions a
    >>> discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
    >>> operating systems? Do you think that Rod Trent is an
    >>> operating system?

    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    > 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics
    >

    > 17. Don't substantiate your claims. Refuse to present
    > evidence to support your invalid claims. Repeat your invalid
    > claims and have your anti-Linux propagandist comrades do the
    > same. Do the same for any invalid claims that you have notice
    > your anti-Linux propagandists comrades make.
    >

    > And that justifies Roy's lies about Rod Trent's Digg
    > submissions how?

    An adjustment is in order ....

    --
    HPT

  14. Re: Timmy's poison and Linux poison

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > William Poaster on Monday:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source
    >>>
    >>> or http://tinyurl.com/2z2g2y
    >>>
    >>> [quote]
    >>> Subject: Mark Kent, go **** yourself
    >>> Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:14:46 GMT
    >>> From: Tim Smith

    >> Is that Smith troll claiming he's a linux advocate now?

    > The 'polite' Timmy has a new name: Tim "go **** yourself!!!!"
    > Smith. That's why he's killfiled here and elsewhere.

    Yes, he said it politely, didn't he? A poison by any other name
    is still a poison.

    Speaking of poison, I found this article interesting:

    http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/

    Friday, November 2, 2007
    Mac OS X Leopard Is Coming to Your Linux Desktop

    Do you want to give your desktop a dash of Mac OS X? The goal of
    Mac4Lin project is to bring the look and feel of Mac OS X (latest
    being 10.5, Leopard) on *nix GTK based systems. This document
    will present the procedure to install Mac4Lin pack & tweak
    certain things to get that almost perfect Mac OS X like desktop.
    Here's something interesting, create a file in Linux, format it
    to any suitable Linux standard, then mount it as though it were a
    disk:

    Create Linux Filesystem From An Ordinary File

    Under Linux, you can create a regular file, format it as an ext2,
    ext3, or reiser filesystem, and then mount it just like a
    physical drive. It's then possible to read and write files to
    this newly-mounted device. You can also copy the complete
    filesystem, since it is just a file, to another computer.

    First, you want to create a 20MB file or any size you want by
    executing the following command:

    $ dd if=/dev/zero of=disk-image count=40960
    40960+0 records in
    40960+0 records out

    Next, to format this as an ext3 filesystem, you just execute the
    following command:

    $ /sbin/mkfs -t ext3 -q disk-image
    mke2fs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
    disk-image is not a block special device.
    Proceed anyway? (y,n) y

    You are asked whether to proceed because this is a file, and not
    a block device. That is OK.

    Next, you need to create a directory that will serve as a mount
    point for the loopback device.

    $ mkdir fs

    You must do the next command as root, or with an account that has
    superuser privileges.

    # mount -o loop=/dev/loop0 disk-image fs

    You can now create new files, write to them, read them, and do
    everything you normally would do on a disk drive. To make normal
    user to use this filesystem you need to give valid permission to
    the directory holding this filesystem.
    There are some slick things one can do in Linux.

    --
    HPT

  15. Re: Timmy's poison and Linux poison

    ____/ High Plains Thumper on Tuesday 06 November 2007 11:21 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> William Poaster on Monday:

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....f?dmode=source

    >>> Is that Smith troll claiming he's a linux advocate now?

    >> The 'polite' Timmy has a new name: Tim "go **** yourself!!!!"
    >> Smith. That's why he's killfiled here and elsewhere.

    > Yes, he said it politely, didn't he? A poison by any other name
    > is still a poison.
    >
    > Speaking of poison, I found this article interesting:
    >
    > http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/
    >

    > Friday, November 2, 2007
    > Mac OS X Leopard Is Coming to Your Linux Desktop
    >
    > Do you want to give your desktop a dash of Mac OS X? The goal of
    > Mac4Lin project is to bring the look and feel of Mac OS X (latest
    > being 10.5, Leopard) on *nix GTK based systems. This document
    > will present the procedure to install Mac4Lin pack & tweak
    > certain things to get that almost perfect Mac OS X like desktop.
    >

    > Here's something interesting, create a file in Linux, format it
    > to any suitable Linux standard, then mount it as though it were a
    > disk:
    >

    > Create Linux Filesystem From An Ordinary File
    >
    > Under Linux, you can create a regular file, format it as an ext2,
    > ext3, or reiser filesystem, and then mount it just like a
    > physical drive. It's then possible to read and write files to
    > this newly-mounted device. You can also copy the complete
    > filesystem, since it is just a file, to another computer.
    >
    > First, you want to create a 20MB file or any size you want by
    > executing the following command:
    >
    > $ dd if=/dev/zero of=disk-image count=40960
    > 40960+0 records in
    > 40960+0 records out
    >
    > Next, to format this as an ext3 filesystem, you just execute the
    > following command:
    >
    > $ /sbin/mkfs -t ext3 -q disk-image
    > mke2fs 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
    > disk-image is not a block special device.
    > Proceed anyway? (y,n) y
    >
    > You are asked whether to proceed because this is a file, and not
    > a block device. That is OK.
    >
    > Next, you need to create a directory that will serve as a mount
    > point for the loopback device.
    >
    > $ mkdir fs
    >
    > You must do the next command as root, or with an account that has
    > superuser privileges.
    >
    > # mount -o loop=/dev/loop0 disk-image fs
    >
    > You can now create new files, write to them, read them, and do
    > everything you normally would do on a disk drive. To make normal
    > user to use this filesystem you need to give valid permission to
    > the directory holding this filesystem.
    >

    > There are some slick things one can do in Linux.

    You're linking to a blog that just plagiarises and contains content from other
    Linux Web sites. I think it has been banned from Digg by now.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows Vistaster: Newly-coined Windows MEstake
    22:20:01 up 7 days, 2:31, 3 users, load average: 1.40, 1.15, 1.07

  16. Re: Timmy's poison and Linux poison

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper on Tuesday:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> The 'polite' Timmy has a new name: Tim "go ****
    >>> yourself!!!!" Smith. That's why he's killfiled here and
    >>> elsewhere.

    >> Yes, he said it politely, didn't he? A poison by any other
    >> name is still a poison.
    >>
    >> Speaking of poison, I found this article interesting:
    >>
    >> http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/

    >> Here's something interesting, create a file in Linux, format
    >> it to any suitable Linux standard, then mount it as though
    >> it were a disk:
    >>

    >> Create Linux Filesystem From An Ordinary File
    >>
    >> Under Linux, you can create a regular file, format it as an
    >> ext2, ext3, or reiser filesystem, and then mount it just
    >> like a physical drive. It's then possible to read and write
    >> files to this newly-mounted device. You can also copy the
    >> complete filesystem, since it is just a file, to another
    >> computer.

    >> You can now create new files, write to them, read them, and
    >> do everything you normally would do on a disk drive. To make
    >> normal user to use this filesystem you need to give valid
    >> permission to the directory holding this filesystem.
    >>

    >> There are some slick things one can do in Linux.

    > You're linking to a blog that just plagiarises and contains
    > content from other Linux Web sites. I think it has been banned
    > from Digg by now.

    That I did not know. I was going on the content of the site. I
    found it fascinating that one could take a file and format, use
    it as though it were a hard disk device. It illustrates the
    flexibility of Linux.

    Linux is truly versatile.

    --
    HPT

  17. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    Tim Smith wrote:

    > How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux, Roy?

    How is continually baiting Roy until he responds legitimate advocacy.

  18. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux, Roy?

    > How is continually baiting Roy until he responds legitimate advocacy.

    It's all Timmy has left now.

  19. Re: How is lying "advocating Linux" Roy?

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 23:01 : \____

    > Doug Mentohl espoused:
    >> Tim Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> How is your using insulting names for people advocating Linux, Roy?

    >> How is continually baiting Roy until he responds legitimate advocacy.

    > It's all Timmy has left now.

    It's all that his Digg account has ever been used for.

    I block his posts, but look at his profile, 'harlowmonkeys' (yes, Tim Smith is
    probably a pseudoname, so he goes by different identities in different
    places). I had to convince myself that almost every single comment from him is
    an attack or response to me. That's what he's been on that site for... for a
    long time.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "The only source is Open Source"
    Swap: 1510068k total, 518052k used, 992016k free, 112772k cached

  20. Roy the paranoid

    On 2007-11-11, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > I block his posts, but look at his profile, 'harlowmonkeys' (yes, Tim Smith is
    > probably a pseudoname, so he goes by different identities in different
    > places). I had to convince myself that almost every single comment from him is

    Google has usenet posts by me as Tim Smith going back to before you were
    born. I must have quite an amazing ability to predict the future to
    have figured out so far back that I'd need a fake name!

    Since there are public documents with my name on them, where that name
    was given under oath, so that I would suffer serious penalties if it
    were not my real name, and you have posted stories that cite some of
    those documents, I guess we can conclude you don't really check out the
    stories you post. No wonder you get so many things wrong.

    Shouldn't someone who has been serving the web since he was 15 and lists
    Slashdot moderating under professional experience at least understand
    his own posts? (I'm not making this up--he actually lists moderating
    Slashdot as professional experience--I went to his site to get his age
    for my opening sentance of this post).