Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek. - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek. - Linux ; "[H]omer" wrote in message news:v85tv4-fth.ln1@sky.matrix... > [Podcast] What's Behind the Linux Market Share Numbers? > > .---- > | Some recent market research data shows that Linux is losing > | ground to Microsoft Server installations, but the Free Lunch ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    "[H]omer" wrote in message news:v85tv4-fth.ln1@sky.matrix...
    > [Podcast] What's Behind the Linux Market Share Numbers?
    >
    > .----
    > | Some recent market research data shows that Linux is losing
    > | ground to Microsoft Server installations, but the Free Lunch team
    > | says there's more to this data than meets the eye.
    > `----

    So today linux does have "market share" again.

    How convenient. If the numbers are encouraging then "market share" does
    exist. When all of the other surveys show that marketshare is at 0.6% then
    like magic - suddenly there is "no such thing" as market share for linux.

    One day both sides of your mouth will get in sync with what the other side
    is saying [M]oron.

  2. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400, Enzyte Bob wrote:

    > "[H]omer" wrote in message
    >> [Podcast] What's Behind the Linux Market Share Numbers?
    >>
    >> .----
    >> | Some recent market research data shows that Linux is losing |
    >> ground to Microsoft Server installations, but the Free Lunch team |
    >> says there's more to this data than meets the eye. `----
    >>
    >> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2211384,00.asp
    >>

    > So today linux does have "market share" again.
    >
    > How convenient. If the numbers are encouraging then "market share" does
    > exist. When all of the other surveys show that marketshare is at 0.6%
    > then like magic - suddenly there is "no such thing" as market share for
    > linux.
    >
    > One day both sides of your mouth will get in sync with what the other
    > side is saying [M]oron.

    It is too bad you do not understand the concepts of marketshare and
    userbase.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    On Nov 2, 11:23 pm, "Enzyte Bob" wrote:
    > "[H]omer" wrote in messagenews:v85tv4-fth.ln1@sky.matrix...
    > > [Podcast] What's Behind the Linux Market Share Numbers?

    > > .----
    > > | Some recent market research data shows that Linux is losing
    > > | ground to Microsoft Server installations, but the Free Lunch team
    > > | says there's more to this data than meets the eye.
    > > `----

    > >http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2211384,00.asp

    > So today linux does have "market share" again.
    >
    > How convenient. If the numbers are encouraging then "market share" does
    > exist. When all of the other surveys show that marketshare is at 0.6% then
    > like magic - suddenly there is "no such thing" as market share for linux.
    >
    > One day both sides of your mouth will get in sync with what the other side
    > is saying [M]oron.
    >
    > --

    How did you even learn how to use a computer, let alone the "series of
    tubes"? Don't people as stupid as you usually choke on the mouse or
    something?

  4. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Perfection is a goal to be striven for, not a position to be reached.

  5. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:

    >On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    > Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >

    >Which of the nymshifters are you?

    Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    with all these PGP bull****.

    Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?

    --
    The most powerful Usenet tool you have ever heard of.
    NewsMaestro v. 4.0.6 - Dictionary Update/Expert Mode has been released.

    * Significant improvement in symbol substitution mechanism
    for verb tense and plurals.
    * Expert mode.
    * Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
    * Templates generator improvements.
    * Multi-job support.

    Note: In some previous releases some class files were missing.
    As a result, the program would not run.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Web page:
    http://newsmaestro.sourceforge.net/

    Download page:
    http://newsmaestro.sourceforge.net/D...nformation.htm

    Send any feedback, ideas, suggestions, test results to
    newsmaestroinfo \at/ mail.ru.

    Your personal info will not be released and your privacy
    will be honored.

  6. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Some people are born normal, some people achieve normality, and some
    have normalcy thrust upon them by a nice nurse with a hypodermic.

  7. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Some people are born normal, some people achieve normality, and some
    have normalcy thrust upon them by a nice nurse with a hypodermic.

  8. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    Almond didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >>On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    >> Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >>

    >>Which of the nymshifters are you?

    > Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    > with all these PGP bull****.

    > Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?

    Awww, what's a matter? Does his use of PGP make it difficult to forge him?

  9. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    Almond didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    > In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>
    >>On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    >> Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >>

    >>Which of the nymshifters are you?

    > Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    > with all these PGP bull****.

    > Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?

    Awww, what's a matter? Does his use of PGP make it difficult to forge him?

  10. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Jim Richardson espoused:

    > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 06:22:04 GMT,
    > Almond wrote:
    >> In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>>
    >>>On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    >>> Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Which of the nymshifters are you?

    >> Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    >> with all these PGP bull****.
    >>
    >> Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?
    >>

    > and yet another sock puppet spouts off.
    >
    > About par for the course.

    The feeling is that it was Scott Nudds.

  11. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Jim Richardson espoused:

    > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 06:22:04 GMT,
    > Almond wrote:
    >> In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>>
    >>>On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    >>> Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Which of the nymshifters are you?

    >> Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    >> with all these PGP bull****.
    >>
    >> Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?
    >>

    > and yet another sock puppet spouts off.
    >
    > About par for the course.

    The feeling is that it was Scott Nudds.

  12. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Jim Richardson espoused:
    >>
    >> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 06:22:04 GMT,
    >> Almond wrote:

    >>> Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    >>> with all these PGP bull****.
    >>>
    >>> Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?
    >>>

    >> and yet another sock puppet spouts off.
    >>
    >> About par for the course.
    >>

    > The feeling is that it was Scott Nudds.

    Either way, not even worthy to serve as fertilizer
    --
    Warning: You have moved the mouse.
    Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent

  13. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    The Ghost In The Machine did eloquently scribble:
    >[*] Yes, I'm being extremely pedantic today. Linux is not
    > quite free as in beer, though the download costs
    > are a mere pittance -- if one assumes $40/month on a
    > standard DSL line getting 1.5 MB/s

    Goood grief...
    I'm only paying 10/month for 8meg broadband.
    |Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| |

  14. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:32:27 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    > The Ghost In The Machine did eloquently scribble:
    >>[*] Yes, I'm being extremely pedantic today. Linux is not
    >> quite free as in beer, though the download costs
    >> are a mere pittance -- if one assumes $40/month on a
    >> standard DSL line getting 1.5 MB/s

    > Goood grief...
    > I'm only paying 10/month for 8meg broadband.

    Who are you with?

    I really should upgrade my broadband service (I'm with Pipex).

    --
    Kier

  15. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    Kier did eloquently scribble:
    > On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:32:27 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    >> The Ghost In The Machine did eloquently scribble:
    >>>[*] Yes, I'm being extremely pedantic today. Linux is not
    >>> quite free as in beer, though the download costs
    >>> are a mere pittance -- if one assumes $40/month on a
    >>> standard DSL line getting 1.5 MB/s

    >> Goood grief...
    >> I'm only paying 10/month for 8meg broadband.

    > Who are you with?

    > I really should upgrade my broadband service (I'm with Pipex).

    I'm on sky. Was on NTL but switched when I moved house 3ish months ago.
    Sky max package is up to 16 meg for a tenner (dependent on phone
    line/distance from exchange)
    | in |good to you so far... |

  16. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 17:29:14 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    > Kier did eloquently scribble:
    >> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:32:27 +0000, spike1 wrote:

    >>> The Ghost In The Machine did eloquently scribble:
    >>>
    >>> Goood grief...
    >>> I'm only paying 10/month for 8meg broadband.

    >> Who are you with?

    >> I really should upgrade my broadband service (I'm with Pipex).

    > I'm on sky. Was on NTL but switched when I moved house 3ish months ago.
    > Sky max package is up to 16 meg for a tenner (dependent on phone
    > line/distance from exchange)

    I'm within throwing distance (almost literally) of my local exchange. I
    should be able to upgrade to a better and cheaper package without
    difficulty, I've just never got around to it. Pipex has been a good
    service for me and now they're offering 8meg for peanuts it's time I
    re-negotiated my deal ;-)

    --
    Kier

    --
    Kier

  17. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    > Almond didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    >> In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>>
    >>>On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    >>> Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Which of the nymshifters are you?

    >> Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    >> with all these PGP bull****.

    >> Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?

    > Awww, what's a matter? Does his use of PGP make it difficult to forge
    > him?

    So you verified the signature did you?

    --
    Q: What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake?
    A: One less drunk.

  18. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    spike1@freenet.co.uk writes:

    > In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    > Almond didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    >> In article <1detv4-g07.ln1@dragon.myth>, Jim Richardson wrote:
    >>>
    >>>On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:23:34 -0400,
    >>> Enzyte Bob wrote:
    >>>

    >>>Which of the nymshifters are you?

    >> Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    >> with all these PGP bull****.

    >> Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?

    > Awww, what's a matter? Does his use of PGP make it difficult to forge
    > him?

    So you verified the signature did you?

    --
    Q: What's the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake?
    A: One less drunk.

  19. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.

    In the sacred domain of comp.os.linux.misc,
    Hadron didnst hastily scribble thusly:
    >>> Get lost, you stoopid megalomaniac
    >>> with all these PGP bull****.

    >>> Who da funk you think you are, mr. jackarse?

    >> Awww, what's a matter? Does his use of PGP make it difficult to forge
    >> him?

    > So you verified the signature did you?

    No, should I?
    Does it make some kind of difference if I did?

  20. Re: [News] Linux losing server market share? Bollocks, says eWeek.