XP innovation .. - Linux

This is a discussion on XP innovation .. - Linux ; I just switched users on this XP box, when I switched back the mouse sensitivity had gone to the roof, what gives? Also how can I stop it going beep when I adjust the volume control, seeing as I would ...

  1. XP innovation ..

    I just switched users on this XP box, when I switched back the mouse
    sensitivity had gone to the roof, what gives?

    Also how can I stop it going beep when I adjust the volume control,
    seeing as I would want to adjuct the volume controll while listening to
    music and wouldn't want a frigging BEEP popping up in the middle of it ...

  2. Re: XP innovation ..

    On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:51:03 +0000
    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > I just switched users on this XP box, when I switched back the mouse
    > sensitivity had gone to the roof, what gives?
    >
    > Also how can I stop it going beep when I adjust the volume control,
    > seeing as I would want to adjuct the volume controll while listening
    > to music and wouldn't want a frigging BEEP popping up in the middle
    > of it ...

    In your host machine do

    rmmod pcskpr

    if you're not running it in a host machine then you got bigger
    problems!

    If it's the hardware, then try disconnecting the speaker cables from
    the mobo.

    If you're in an office full of XP users, stay late one night and remove
    their speakers.

  3. Re: XP innovation ..

    After takin' a swig o' grog, ed belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:51:03 +0000
    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> Also how can I stop it going beep when I adjust the volume control,
    >> seeing as I would want to adjuct the volume controll while listening
    >> to music and wouldn't want a frigging BEEP popping up in the middle
    >> of it ...

    > If you're in an office full of XP users, stay late one night and remove
    > their speakers.

    Or connect them to the microphone input

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: XP innovation ..

    ed wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 13:51:03 +0000 Doug Mentohl wrote:

    >> I just switched users on this XP box .. how can I stop it going beep when I adjust the volume control,

    > In your host machine do

    > rmmod pcskpr

    That would be 'rmmod pcspkr', but not in XP .. also how do I stop the XP
    box telling me I'm a crook for using my own machine .. I have a solution
    upgarde to Xbuntu ...

+ Reply to Thread