Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive? - Linux ; In article , f8boe@bluemail.ch wrote: >Auric__ wrote: > >> How do I mount a Freecom Cable II USB hard drive? (It's a slightly >> older model.) I thought they are slow as it gets. -- The most powerful Usenet tool ...

  1. Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive?

    --
    The most powerful Usenet tool you have ever heard of.
    NewsMaestro v. 4.0.6 - Dictionary Update/Expert Mode has been released.

    * Significant improvement in symbol substitution mechanism
    for verb tense and plurals.
    * Expert mode.
    * Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
    * Templates generator improvements.
    * Multi-job support.

    Note: In some previous releases some class files were missing.
    As a result, the program would not run.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Web page:
    http://newsmaestro.sourceforge.net/

    Download page:
    http://newsmaestro.sourceforge.net/D...nformation.htm

    Send any feedback, ideas, suggestions, test results to
    newsmaestroinfo \at/ mail.ru.

    Your personal info will not be released and your privacy
    will be honored.

  2. Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive?

    On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:22:38 GMT, Almond wrote:

    > In article <4728bd33$0$17236$426a74cc@news.free.fr>,
    > f8boe@bluemail.ch wrote:
    >>Auric__ wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I mount a Freecom Cable II USB hard drive? (It's a
    >>> slightly older model.)

    > I thought they are slow as it gets.

    "Free" makes me overlook things like "slow".

    --
    auric dot auric at gmail dot com
    email sent to the above address is not treated as private

  3. Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive?

    On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:36:45 GMT, I wrote:

    > On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:22:38 GMT, Almond wrote:
    >
    >> In article <4728bd33$0$17236$426a74cc@news.free.fr>,
    >> f8boe@bluemail.ch wrote:

    >> I thought they are slow as it gets.

    > "Free" makes me overlook things like "slow".

    That's "free" as in "beer", not "freedom" or "Freecom".

    --
    auric dot auric at gmail dot com
    email sent to the above address is not treated as private
    *****
    My body's a temple zoned for toxic waste.

  4. Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive?

    Auric__ wrote:

    > "Free" makes me overlook things like "slow".

    Which is partly how the insidious Linux "operating system" and open source
    crapware degrades user expectations.

  5. Re: How to mount a Freecom USB hard drive?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Auric__ wrote:
    >
    >> "Free" makes me overlook things like "slow".

    Hmmm, I find my free software fast, in general.

    > Which is partly how the insidious Linux "operating system" and open source
    > crapware degrades user expectations.

    Bull****. Windows (and Microsoft software in general) has been doing
    that for a couple decades.

    Users expect computers to slow down, perhaps even crash, lose their
    data, get infested. It isn't Linux that has engendered those
    expectations, is it, hmmm?

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread