Re: It's Official - Even Microsoft says Leopard Blows Vista Away - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: It's Official - Even Microsoft says Leopard Blows Vista Away - Linux ; "Rex Ballard" wrote in message news:1193949536.590897.182060@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com... > Just got this in my Inbox > > Found it amusing > > > 1) REDMOND CHANNEL PARTNER UPDATE > > By Lee Pender > Senior Editor, Redmond Channel Partner It's official ...

  1. Re: It's Official - Even Microsoft says Leopard Blows Vista Away

    "Rex Ballard" wrote in message
    news:1193949536.590897.182060@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    > Just got this in my Inbox
    >
    > Found it amusing
    >

    > 1) REDMOND CHANNEL PARTNER UPDATE
    >
    > By Lee Pender
    > Senior Editor, Redmond Channel Partner

    It's official - You have the IQ of a piece of hamster if you think that this
    is some sort of "Official" announcement from Microsoft.

  2. Re: It's Official - Even Microsoft says Leopard Blows Vista Away

    On Nov 1, 7:35 pm, "Bruce Banner" wrote:
    > "Rex Ballard" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1193949536.590897.182060@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >
    > > Just got this in my Inbox

    > > Found it amusing

    > > 1) REDMOND CHANNEL PARTNER UPDATE

    > > By Lee Pender
    > > Senior Editor, Redmond Channel Partner

    > It's official - You have the IQ of a piece of hamster if you think that this
    > is some sort of "Official" announcement from Microsoft.

    Redmond Channel Partner is a newsletter and blog that is heavily
    sponsored by Microsoft, because the Channel Partner newsletter is
    almost completely dedicated to promoting and announcing the newest
    Microsoft software. I get 3-5 messages from them every week.

    And by the way, I also plead guilty to some strategic snipping in the
    actual usenet posting.

    His observations are probably very similar to those of Bill and
    Steve. Apple Leopard is pretty impressive, and if Apple had the
    capability to produce and distribute 100 million Macs per year,
    Microsoft will be sweating bullets right now.

    On the other hand, Linux DOES have the capability of being deployed on
    100 million PCs per year, because it can not only be deployed to most
    of the PCs sold with Windows this year, but all of the nearly 1
    billion PCs sold with Windows over the last 10 years.

    This is why, in memos released SINCE the DOJ Antitrust ruling, and
    submitted as exhibits in Ohio vs Microsoft - that Microsoft has
    adopted the official policy of "Win against Linux AT ALL COSTS".
    Microsoft will actually PAY organizations who have actively chosen to
    use Linux to switch back. They offer them contracts producing
    products for Microsoft, which they can sell at American rates, to pay
    for Microsoft products and local rates.

    Some examples include Munich Germany, Nigeria, Finland, and Mexico.

    In each case, a substantial committee was given the opportunity to
    review Windows and Linux side-by-side, each with a similar price-tag.
    Each committee chose Linux by a substantial majority. In each case,
    Steve Ballmer was able to identify the one or two people with the
    authority to reverse the decision, fly his private jet to that
    country, lock himself and the key decision maker into a room with no
    recording devices, no transcripts, and no minutes to the meeting, not
    even personal handwritten notes. At the end of this closed meeting,
    which was preceded with a blanket nondisclosure agreement, the key
    decision maker simply reversed the decision.

  3. Re: It's Official - Even Microsoft says Leopard Blows Vista Away

    "Rex Ballard" wrote in message
    news:1194120588.140938.106130@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Nov 1, 7:35 pm, "Bruce Banner" wrote:
    >> "Rex Ballard" wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:1193949536.590897.182060@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...
    >>

    > And by the way, I also plead guilty to some strategic snipping in the
    > actual usenet posting.

    "Strategic snipping" and getting the title of the thread completely wrong.
    How exactly did "Microsoft Officially" say this?

    > Steve Ballmer was able to identify the one or two people with the
    > authority to reverse the decision, fly his private jet to that
    > country, lock himself and the key decision maker into a room with no
    > recording devices, no transcripts, and no minutes to the meeting, not
    > even personal handwritten notes. At the end of this closed meeting,
    > which was preceded with a blanket nondisclosure agreement, the key
    > decision maker simply reversed the decision.

    More ridiculous conspiracy theories. And you know this how exactly? Proof?
    Reference? Documentation?

    Until otherwise PROVEN - we can safely assume that this is just more made
    up bull****.

  4. Re: It's Official - Even Microsoft says Leopard Blows Vista Away

    On Nov 4, 8:22 am, "Jeremy Wembley" wrote:
    > "Rex Ballard" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1194120588.140938.106130@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >
    > > On Nov 1, 7:35 pm, "Bruce Banner" wrote:
    > >> "Rex Ballard" wrote in message

    > >>news:1193949536.590897.182060@d55g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...

    > > And by the way, I also plead guilty to some strategic snipping in the
    > > actual usenet posting.

    > "Strategic snipping" and getting the title of the thread completely wrong.
    > How exactly did "Microsoft Officially" say this?

    You're right. The subject is wrong. I just thought it was funny that
    the editor of a Microsoft promotional mailing list would tell
    everybody that Leopard blows Vista away.

    In the article, the writer did make it very clear that he did NOT work
    for Microsoft.
    So the headline should probably read "Editor of Microsoft Promotional
    Newsletter says Leopard Blows Vista Away". But snipping a few words,
    and a few strategic lines made the document much more interesting. At
    least I provided the link so that anyone who followed it could easily
    see that it was NOT actually a Microsoft employee making that
    statement.

    > > Steve Ballmer was able to identify the one or two people with the
    > > authority to reverse the decision, fly his private jet to that
    > > country, lock himself and the key decision maker into a room with no
    > > recording devices, no transcripts, and no minutes to the meeting, not
    > > even personal handwritten notes. At the end of this closed meeting,
    > > which was preceded with a blanket nondisclosure agreement, the key
    > > decision maker simply reversed the decision.

    > More ridiculous conspiracy theories. And you know this how exactly? Proof?
    > Reference? Documentation?

    Read the history of numerous Linux wins that were "mysteriously
    reversed". There was no committee reversing the decision, just a
    quick announcement from the person with the authority to reverse it.
    Munich, Mexico City, Nigeria, California, several states in India,
    China, and other big public Linux wins. Many of these big wins were
    reversed after a private meeting with Microsoft's top executives.

    Microsoft has a general policy of requiring nondisclosure agreements
    prior to almost ANY official meeting. I had to sign one before
    meeting with them for a job interview. I can tell you we spent 18
    hours in discussions and meetings, but I can't tell you what we talked
    about - because of the nondisclosure agreement. I did take personal
    notes, and at the end of the day I was required to turn them over to
    someone who escorted me to the door.

    > Until otherwise PROVEN - we can safely assume that this is just more made
    > up bull****.

    Nothing to prove.
    Step 1 - Organization makes decision to use Linux in large quantities.
    Step 2 - Top ranking executives meet with carefully selected group.
    Step 3 - Decision is reversed - with no explanation.

    All we can do is speculate.

    I have a little more first-hand experience with some of these
    issues.

    In 1997 I had a cubicle less than 5 feet from a Microsoft Rep who made
    frequent and regular calls to a number of different customers which
    took no effort at all to hear.

    In 2000 I was in one of those private meetings - where my boss and her
    boss reversed my decision.

    In 1983 - I worked for a company who went into bankruptcy because
    Microsoft changed the terms of their license, demanding 99% of the
    revenue from a project developed using Microsoft's BASIC compiler. It
    became an easy takover target. I don't even know if the merged
    company still exists in some form.