Hi NG,

I took a look at the smbfs source code and noticed the use of (the evil
lock_kernel(). But I don't see what smbfs is actually protecting with this
lock. Is it used to synchronize access to the internal data structures (but
why wouldn't it use its own sempahore then instead of the big lock) or is it
somehow required when you update dentries or something (well, probably also
not, because we have the dentry lock for that, right?).

And I noticed the FIXME without any further information in smb_rename().
Does anybody know what's wrong with that?

Thanks in advance!!
Jens