Sandisk sues for patent infringement .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Sandisk sues for patent infringement .. - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz espoused: > ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____ > >> Roy Schestowitz espoused: >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____ >>> >>>> Kier is here >>>> to support ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Want to try again, in English, Roy? (Was Re: Sandisk sues for patent infringement ..)

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:37 : \____

    >>> No, stop it. He just prefers/chooses to believe that Microsoft has no role
    >>> in /buying/ the market. He's here to advocate, but his approach is
    >>> different.

    >> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
    >> speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
    >> them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
    >> their off-topic, anti-charter views.

    > Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.

    I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

  2. Re: microsofts cola shilcosystem ..

    Doug Mentohl espoused:
    > On 10 Nov, 12:24, Kier wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:55:36 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    >>> Doubtful. Microsoft's cola shilcosystem is surely paid for.

    >> Have you any evidence for that? Frankly, the idea is ludicrous.

    > Well, the people who run Big Brother were hiring on bloggers a while
    > back. I know this cause a friend of mine was hired on a while back.
    > You sat in on the group in shifts and tried to stear the conversation
    > off of unsound opinion. You had to pretend to be a regular joe, a bit
    > like what goes on here.
    >
    > I think the main problem with groups like COLA is that the media is
    > afraid their own journalists are going to pick up bad opinion,
    > especially as they have to monitor them all the time. Why I post here
    > and elsewhere is, in my own small way, to try and hold back the ever
    > rising tide of corporate bull****. Here's how another lone voice
    > crying in the wilderness once put it:
    >
    > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew

    But in Kier's world, this kind of thing just doesn't happen.

  3. Re: microsofts cola shilcosystem ..

    ____/ Doug Mentohl on Sunday 11 November 2007 21:14 : \____

    > I think the main problem with groups like COLA is that the media is
    > afraid their own journalists are going to pick up bad opinion,
    > especially as they have to monitor them all the time.

    "It also was strange to see just how many resources are aligned
    against me when I write a story about Microsoft."

    "there were close to a dozen other people involved...Some transcribed
    the interviews I conducted; others kept notes on my every utterance
    for clues about what questions I might ask next and ultimately what my
    story would say; others briefed executives with questions I had asked
    and suggested good answers."

    http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/..._about_me.html

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
    23:05:02 up 12 days, 3:16, 3 users, load average: 0.90, 1.41, 1.87

  4. Re: Want to try again, in English, Roy? (Was Re: Sandisk sues forpatent infringement ..)

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:11:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____
    >>
    >>> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He
    >>> only speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to
    >>> encourage them. To give them a platform. To provide them with
    >>> means to express their off-topic, anti-charter views.

    >> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.

    > I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

    Bull****. Kier is very naive but he is a linux advocate. You just look
    very silly making these stupid accusations. I presume you think the
    same of linonut and ghost who also feed trolls.

    Reading again what you wrote makes me wonder about your sanity. Time
    for you to take a rest from cola. Your opinion of Kier, based on his
    posts I've read, is completely irrational IMHO.

  5. Re: Want to try again, in English, Roy? (Was Re: Sandisk sues for patent infringement ..)

    p5000011 espoused:
    > On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:11:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____

    >>> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.

    >> I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

    > Bull****.

    If you start with that, I read no further. If you really want a debate,
    then kindly treat my remarks with respect.

  6. Re: Want to try again, in English, Roy? (Was Re: Sandisk sues for patent infringement ..)

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:11:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 11 November 2007 11:07 : \____
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Very different indeed. He's very very clever in what he does. He only
    >>> speaks to trolls, for example - that's why he's here - to encourage
    >>> them. To give them a platform. To provide them with means to express
    >>> their off-topic, anti-charter views.

    >> Naa, I don't think so. It's too far fetched, IMHO.
    >>

    > I think its too far fetched that he's doing anything else...

    You're an idiot, quite frankly. It seems not to have occurred to you in
    your narrow little world that not everyone who disagrees with you is
    incorrect, lying, a shill or a troll.

    --
    Kier

  7. Re: microsofts cola shilcosystem ..

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:12:20 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

    > Doug Mentohl espoused:

    >>> Have you any evidence for that? Frankly, the idea is ludicrous.

    >> Well, the people who run Big Brother were hiring on bloggers a while
    >> back. I know this cause a friend of mine was hired on a while back.
    >> You sat in on the group in shifts and tried to stear the conversation
    >> off of unsound opinion. You had to pretend to be a regular joe, a bit
    >> like what goes on here.
    >>
    >> I think the main problem with groups like COLA is that the media is
    >> afraid their own journalists are going to pick up bad opinion,
    >> especially as they have to monitor them all the time. Why I post here
    >> and elsewhere is, in my own small way, to try and hold back the ever
    >> rising tide of corporate bull****. Here's how another lone voice
    >> crying in the wilderness once put it:
    >>
    >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew
    >>

    > But in Kier's world, this kind of thing just doesn't happen.

    Not nearly as often as you think, certainly.

    --
    Kier

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2