[News] A Year of Vista Leads to Other platforms, Microsoft in Denial? - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] A Year of Vista Leads to Other platforms, Microsoft in Denial? - Linux ; Over A Year Later And Windows Vista Is Still Not Worth It ,----[ Quote ] | So there you go, reasons enough to look elsewhere for your next desktop OS | and if there was one aspect to the entire ...

  1. [News] A Year of Vista Leads to Other platforms, Microsoft in Denial?

    Over A Year Later And Windows Vista Is Still Not Worth It

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So there you go, reasons enough to look elsewhere for your next desktop OS
    | and if there was one aspect to the entire desktop OS market that really
    | grabbed my attention over the last year it would have to be just how much
    | better the alternatives to Windows have become. Both OSX and Ubuntu in
    | particular have grow from something I would have only recommended to fellow
    | gurus to full-fledged alternatives that in some cases even provide a
    | significantly better experience for the desktop user than Windows Vista.
    `----

    http://www.dailytechnobabble.com/200...-not-worth-it/

    Microsoft decides Vista is flawless

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft may have released a beta of Vista's Service Pack 1 - but according
    | to the company's official support site, the operating system is absolutely
    | flawless.
    |
    | When Word crashed on a disgruntled PC Pro reader, he dutifully agreed to fill
    | in the online form to report the crash.
    `----

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/134292/m...-flawless.html

    Related (mind the highlights):

    Microsoft Nixes 'Big Bang' Service Pack For Windows Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A senior Microsoft official said the company doesn't plan to issue a major
    | service pack for Windows Vista because the operating system is "high
    | quality right out of the gate."
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    `----

    http://www.informationweek.com/windo...leID=198701442
    http://tinyurl.com/2o3rcx

    Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
    | operating system is set to be rewritten as the Company 'scrambles' to fix
    | internal problems a Microsoft insider has confirmed to SHN... Microsoft has
    | also admitted that it has major problems in it's Windows division and has
    | has immediately initiated a total restructure of the division..."
    `----

    http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Computi...forms/R7G5G6U4

    MS Insider: The Office Crew Isn't Smart Enough to Supplant Real Windows
    Developers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "With Alchin retiring, MarkL and MarkZ, two of the most talented
    | architects in MS already having left, the picture gets really
    | ugly for the Windows division," my friend claimed, and the BV's
    | core team members, Ian McDonald, Jack Mayo, Todd Wanke, Clyde
    | Rodriguez and others are starting to connect the dots.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | He concluded ominously. "A trainwreck of biblical proportions looms.
    | Pick a good seat on the sidelines, trainwrecks this large take
    | awhile to complete. Vista may be the last MS OS for some time to
    | come, especially if Cutler decides to play hardball."
    `----

    http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/...ws-developers/
    http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt

  2. Re: [News] A Year of Vista Leads to Other platforms, Microsoft in Denial?

    > Microsoft decides Vista is flawless
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Microsoft may have released a beta of Vista's Service Pack 1 - but according
    > | to the company's official support site, the operating system is absolutely
    > | flawless.
    > |
    > | When Word crashed on a disgruntled PC Pro reader, he dutifully agreed to fill
    > | in the online form to report the crash.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/134292/m...-flawless.html

    I like the "This problem" drop-down list-box:

    Always Happens
    Sometimes Happens
    Happened Once

    I can see it now: