[News] First They Ignore, Then They Laugh... Then Wikipedia Wins - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] First They Ignore, Then They Laugh... Then Wikipedia Wins - Linux ; Wikipedia becomes a class assignment ,----[ Quote ] | University of Washington-Bothell professor Martha Groom has more of an "If | you can't beat 'em, join 'em" response to the online encyclopedia that anyone | can write or edit. `---- ...

  1. [News] First They Ignore, Then They Laugh... Then Wikipedia Wins

    Wikipedia becomes a class assignment

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | University of Washington-Bothell professor Martha Groom has more of an "If
    | you can't beat 'em, join 'em" response to the online encyclopedia that anyone
    | can write or edit.
    `----

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071031/...ia_term_papers

    Sounds like the same issue that the music industry (record companies) and
    proprietary software companies are having. This time it's literature that
    can't cope with collaborative efforts and cost-driven disruption.

    Related:

    Microsoft Hires Programmer to edit Wikipedia Entry For OOXML

    Seeing Corporate Fingerprints in Wikipedia Edits

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The SCO Group, a software maker in Salt Lake City, made changes to product
    | information in its own entry this year. The company has been involved in
    | legal disputes over the rights to some open-source software. *
    `----

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/te...ll&oref=slogin

    Cjhebgen re-writing SCO's history on Wikipedia

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's very interesting what changes they try and make. Like they've
    | removed the link to Groklaw
    `----

    http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/St...72&tof=5&frt=2

  2. Re: First They Ignore, Then They Laugh... Then Wikipedia Wins

    What an idiot you are. Charity has been around for as long as
    civilization. The Red Cross depends on donations rather than dues--
    you wanna call that "open source"? I contribute to Wikipedia all the
    time and write it off as a business expense.

    You're a fool.

    RL

    On Oct 31, 10:04 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote: