[News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger - Linux ; Companies unite to slam patent reform bill ,----[ Quote ] | More than 430 organizations and companies representing over 25 industries | have written to Senate leaders criticizing pending legislation to reform the | US patent system `---- http://www.managingip.com/Article.as...icleID=1629799 The ...

  1. [News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger

    Companies unite to slam patent reform bill

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | More than 430 organizations and companies representing over 25 industries
    | have written to Senate leaders criticizing pending legislation to reform the
    | US patent system
    `----

    http://www.managingip.com/Article.as...icleID=1629799

    The Pirate Bay Sees a Future Without BitTorrent

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The guys from The Pirate Bay are always working on interesting side-projects,
    | but there is one in particular that’s so significant, it might be the future
    | of filesharing. For a while now, they have been working on a brand new
    | protocol - which may come to replace BitTorrent in the near future.
    `----

    http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-b...torrent-071030

    Recent:

    (Mis)understandings of the words “intellectual property”

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Then there’s the Lone Cypress, a tree along California’s famous 17-Mile
    | Drive. It’s probably the most infamous example of someone trying to exert
    | ridiculous intellectual property rights. They must’ve made it sound like a
    | good idea, though, because it seems that the idea of copyrighting trees is
    | catching on.
    `----

    http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/1...erty%e2%80%9d/

    TorrentSpy Traffic Plunges After US Ban

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The MPAA has caused TorrentSpy, once the most popular BitTorrent site, some
    | serious headaches. After a federal judge ordered TorrentSpy to log all user
    | data stored in RAM, they decided to block access to US users, consequently
    | their traffic dropped significantly. *
    `----

    http://torrentfreak.com/torrentspy-t...us-ban-071006/

    BitTorrent Admin Monitored by US Government, Forced to Dump Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Sk0t, an ex-administrator of the EliteTorrents BitTorrent tracker is to have
    | his internet connection forcibly monitored by the US Government. If that
    | wasn’t bad enough, the monitoring software is Windows based - which means he
    | is being forced to ditch Linux - or face being barred from the internet.
    `----

    http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-a...to-dump-linux/

  2. Re: [News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Companies unite to slam patent reform bill
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| More than 430 organizations and companies representing over 25 industries
    >| have written to Senate leaders criticizing pending legislation to reform the
    >| US patent system
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.managingip.com/Article.as...icleID=1629799

    Reform? In the US? Oink flap.

  3. Re: [News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 13:42 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Companies unite to slam patent reform bill
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| More than 430 organizations and companies representing over 25 industries
    >>| have written to Senate leaders criticizing pending legislation to reform
    >>| the US patent system
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.managingip.com/Article.as...icleID=1629799

    > Reform? In the US? Oink flap.

    No, never a reform. Never a change. And don't forget... the war was 'won' in
    Iraq how long ago? 4 years?

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K

  4. Re: [News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger

    wrote
    on Sat, 03 Nov 2007 15:32:20 +0000
    <1720424.rQjHxMp2Qx@schestowitz.com>:
    > ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 13:42 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >>> Companies unite to slam patent reform bill
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.managingip.com/Article.as...icleID=1629799

    >> Reform? In the US? Oink flap.

    > No, never a reform. Never a change. And don't forget... the war
    > was 'won' in Iraq how long ago? 4 years?

    March 19, 2003 is the start of the conflict/occupation
    (I'm not sure anyone can really call it a war; it wasn't
    officially declared by Congress -- but it sure looks
    like one).

    This would make the action more than 4 1/2 years old,
    as of today.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
    std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);

  5. Re: [News] IP Madness Crowns Patent Trolls, Puts BitTorrent in Danger

    The Ghost In The Machine espoused:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
    >
    > wrote
    > on Sat, 03 Nov 2007 15:32:20 +0000
    ><1720424.rQjHxMp2Qx@schestowitz.com>:
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 03 November 2007 13:42 : \____
    >>
    >>> Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    >>> Reform? In the US? Oink flap.

    >> No, never a reform. Never a change. And don't forget... the war
    >> was 'won' in Iraq how long ago? 4 years?
    >>

    > March 19, 2003 is the start of the conflict/occupation
    > (I'm not sure anyone can really call it a war; it wasn't
    > officially declared by Congress -- but it sure looks
    > like one).
    >
    > This would make the action more than 4 1/2 years old,
    > as of today.

    The Falklands "conflict" was never officially called a war either. The
    reason? Because the life insurance for soldiers would not apply whilst
    they were at war, but if they were on duty in a "conflict", there was no
    problem.

    Politics...