KDE 4.0 Beta 4

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0 Beta 4 was released earlier today and it features a number of bug
| fixes along with cleaning up the KDE code-base and at the same time adding a
| few new enhancements to the KDE 4.0 feature set.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=898&num=1

Project Indiana Desktop Looks Like...

,----[ Quote ]
| While Project Indiana is still a few hours away from the development preview
| release, the first screenshot of it has emerged on the OpenSolaris Project
| Page For Indiana.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE2Mg

Project Indiana Coming Tomorrow

,----[ Quote ]
| Ian Murdock and his posse of Sun developers have been aggressively working on
| this new OpenSolaris desktop distribution with hopes of improving the Solaris
| end-user experience and turning new eyes to this Sun operating system. Will
| they succeed?
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjE2MA

Indiana actually looks better than the 'Ubuntu brown/orange' (a subjective
thing nonetheless). Ubuntu's default theme will be changed in Hardy Heron
(8.0x, probably 8.04 LTS), according to the current plans. Buh-bye Human
theme. The mainstream press still thinks that Linux=Ubuntu and therefore
Linux=brown.

Related:

Morton: no merging of OpenSolaris with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Don’t expect to see key features of OpenSolaris showing up in the Linux
| kernel, said a top *Linux maintainer.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1295

Sun's 'Project Copy Linux' not a Linux copy

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07...indiana_oscon/