[News] At Least 14% of Germany's Tech Readers Use GNU/Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] At Least 14% of Germany's Tech Readers Use GNU/Linux - Linux ; The latest numbers on browser market share in Germany ,----[ Quote ] | IE 6: 41,15 % | Firefox: 27,08% | IE 7: 25,23 % | Safari: 2,79% | | [...] | | heise online is also reporting (German language) ...

  1. [News] At Least 14% of Germany's Tech Readers Use GNU/Linux

    The latest numbers on browser market share in Germany

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | IE 6: 41,15 %
    | Firefox: 27,08%
    | IE 7: 25,23 %
    | Safari: 2,79%
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | heise online is also reporting (German language) on this latest browser
    | numbers and is supplementing them with browser statistics from their own
    | website (heise online is THE mainstream German computer / tech news website,
    | like CNET’s news.com). Linux there now holds a growing market share of around
    | 14% (!).
    `----

    http://vale.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=200

    Very impressive. The real number would be much higher for many reasons.

    Related:

    Firefox takes 28% market share in Europe

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | All European countries saw an increase in Firefox participation with Hungary
    | showing the most dramatic increase from 27.2%, in the latest March 2007
    | survey, to 39.7%. Overall, Europe grew from 24.1% to 27.8%. Â*
    `----

    http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/07/f...are-in-europe/

    IE7 uptake stalls

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft's new browser hits the wall at 31%; gets no help from Vista
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9018642

  2. Re: [News] At Least 14% of Germany's Tech Readers Use GNU/Linux

    > The latest numbers on browser market share in Germany
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | IE 6: 41,15 %
    > | Firefox: 27,08%
    > | IE 7: 25,23 %
    > | Safari: 2,79%
    > |
    > | heise online is also reporting (German language) on this latest browser
    > | numbers and is supplementing them with browser statistics from their own
    > | website (heise online is THE mainstream German computer / tech news website,
    > | like CNET?s news.com). Linux there now holds a growing market share of around
    > | 14% (!).
    > `----
    >
    > http://vale.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=200
    >
    > Very impressive. The real number would be much higher for many reasons.

    Or it could be lower. Remember, that site is for techies, who tend to
    take to Linux (and other alternatives) better than Windows users, who
    are mostly consumers who don't know **** from shinola about computers
    and operating systems.

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: [News] It's a miracle!

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > The latest numbers on browser market share in Germany
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | IE 6: 41,15 %
    > | Firefox: 27,08%
    > | IE 7: 25,23 %
    > | Safari: 2,79%
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | heise online is also reporting (German language) on this latest browser
    > | numbers and is supplementing them with browser statistics from their own
    > | website (heise online is THE mainstream German computer / tech news
    > website,
    > | like CNET's news.com). Linux there now holds a growing market share of
    > around
    > | 14% (!).
    > `----
    >
    > http://vale.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=200
    >
    > Very impressive. The real number would be much higher for many reasons.

    It's a MIRACLE!!!!

    All of the sudden "market share" can be measured and browser stats from a
    single web-site are valid and can be trusted.

    COLA "advocates" position - Which way is the wind blowing today?

  4. Re: [News] At Least 14% of Germany's Tech Readers Use GNU/Linux

    ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 31 October 2007 11:45 : \____

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> The latest numbers on browser market share in Germany
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | IE 6: 41,15 %
    >> | Firefox: 27,08%
    >> | IE 7: 25,23 %
    >> | Safari: 2,79%
    >> |
    >> | heise online is also reporting (German language) on this latest browser
    >> | numbers and is supplementing them with browser statistics from their own
    >> | website (heise online is THE mainstream German computer / tech news
    >> | website, like CNET?s news.com). Linux there now holds a growing market
    >> | share of around 14% (!).
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://vale.homelinux.net/wordpress/?p=200
    >>
    >> Very impressive. The real number would be much higher for many reasons.

    > Or it could be lower. Remember, that site is for techies, who tend to
    > take to Linux (and other alternatives) better than Windows users, who
    > are mostly consumers who don't know **** from shinola about computers
    > and operating systems.

    Oh, when I wrote "higher" I meant "for that one particular site". Many Linux
    browsers/OSes will not be recognised as Linux for one among many reasons
    (about half a dozen reasons).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
    run-level 2 2007-10-30 19:49 last=

  5. Re: [News] It's a miracle!

    Bruce Banner wrote:

    >All of the sudden

    *plonk*

  6. Re: [News] It's a miracle!

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Bruce Banner belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > It's a MIRACLE!!!!
    >
    > All of the sudden "market share" can be measured and browser stats from a
    > single web-site are valid and can be trusted.
    >
    > COLA "advocates" position - Which way is the wind blowing today?

    Hulk angryyyyyyyyy!

+ Reply to Thread