[News] [Rival] The 'One Pump-and-dump Per Windows PC' Project - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] The 'One Pump-and-dump Per Windows PC' Project - Linux ; Storm Worm sent 15 million pump-and-dump e-mails last month ,----[ Quote ] | Storm is thought to have landed on as many as 15 million PCs over the past | year, but recently its network of infected PCs has been ...

  1. [News] [Rival] The 'One Pump-and-dump Per Windows PC' Project

    Storm Worm sent 15 million pump-and-dump e-mails last month

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Storm is thought to have landed on as many as 15 million PCs over the past
    | year, but recently its network of infected PCs has been shrinking.
    `----

    Related:

    The end of Windows, or a security expert gives up

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | And then go and warn others to do the same. Windows is defeated - its days
    | are over. It carries the worm inside. So whatever will happen next:
    | RIP, Windows.
    `----

    http://wolfgang.lonien.de/?p=456

    Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | the BBC reports.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

    Gathering 'Storm' Superworm Poses Grave Threat to PC Nets

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Although it's most commonly called a worm, Storm is really more: a worm, a
    | Trojan horse and a bot all rolled into one. It's also the most successful
    | example we have of a new breed of worm, and I've seen estimates that between
    | 1 million and 50 million computers have been infected worldwide.
    `----

    http://www.wired.com/politics/securi...tymatters_1004

    Security expert: Storm botnet 'services' could be sold

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "This effectively allows the Storm author to segment the Storm botnet into
    | smaller networks," Stewart wrote in his blog post. "This could be a precursor
    | to selling Storm to other spammers, as an end-to-end spam botnet system,
    | complete with fast-flux DNS and hosting capabilities. If that's the case, we
    | might see a lot more of Storm in the future."
    `----

    http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6213781.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] The 'One Pump-and-dump Per Windows PC' Project

    > Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Cerf estimated that between 100 million and 150 million of the
    > | 600 million PCs on the internet are under the control of hackers,
    > | the BBC reports.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/

    Lotta dumb users out there using Microsoff soffware.

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread