[News] Fedora 8 Brings Innovation, Ear Candy, Spins - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Fedora 8 Brings Innovation, Ear Candy, Spins - Linux ; Pulse Audio [to ship with Feodra 8] ,----[ Quote ] | PulseAudio is a next generation sound server for Linux, making all sorts | of "ear-candy" possible: from dynamically changing the volume of individual | applications to hot-plugging support for ...

  1. [News] Fedora 8 Brings Innovation, Ear Candy, Spins

    Pulse Audio [to ship with Feodra 8]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | PulseAudio is a next generation sound server for Linux, making all sorts
    | of "ear-candy" possible: from dynamically changing the volume of individual
    | applications to hot-plugging support for many different devices. Fedora 8 is
    | going to be the first distribution to ship and enable PulseAudio by default
    | and with this in mind we talked to LennartPoettering who is the upstream and
    | Fedora developer of PulseAudio and Avahi about the work he has put in to
    | this.
    `----

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interv...nartPoettering

    What's New in Fedora 8?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Spins are Fedora Live CDs that are created to serve a certain number of
    | people. It does so by having the applications that those people would need,
    | in other words, it saves them the time to install these software.
    |
    | There are three new spins shipped with Fedora 8: Games; Developer; and
    | Electronic Lab.
    `----

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releas...eleaseSummary/

    Recent:

    Fedora 8 renews tradition of innovations

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This release makes it obvious that the Fedora community prides itself on
    | innovation.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/119998

    PulseAudio to bring earcandy to Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | PulseAudio provides the infrastructure needed to bring a next-generation
    | audio experience to the Linux desktop. *
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...candy-to-linux

  2. Re: [News] Fedora 8 Brings Innovation, Ear Candy, Spins

    I have an understanding with my local police--I have them outgunned, but
    they have me outnumbered.

  3. Re: [News] Fedora 8 Brings Innovation, Ear Candy, Spins

    ____/ Jim Richardson on Wednesday 31 October 2007 22:48 : \____

    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:47:49 +0000,
    > [H]omer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Pulse Audio [to ship with Feodra 8]

    >> It's going to be a fantastic release, maybe even good enough to convert
    >> some of the Ubuntu "whaaa, we want codecs" noobs.
    >>

    > What codec is my ubuntu box supposed to be missing?

    That ought to change when people just follow the set of instructions (or run a
    script) that makes their free Fedora a little less free. Prebundling can help
    here as well. Lenovo certifies (some of) its laptops for Fedora.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
    23:20:02 up 1 day, 3:31, 3 users, load average: 0.69, 1.05, 1.34

  4. Re: [News] Fedora 8 Brings Innovation, Ear Candy, Spins

    "Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States.
    Ask any Indian. "
    --- Robert Orben

+ Reply to Thread