New ASUS Eee PC gets positive feedback

,----[ Quote ]
| Described by ASUSTek Computer Inc. as "revolutionary," the new Eee PC is
| supposed to "provide users with a new mobile Internet experience like never
| before," but can the diminutive 7-inch laptop live up to the hype laid down
| by its manufacturer? From all accounts, the answer to that question would be
| yes.
`----

http://tech.monstersandcritics.com/n...itive_feedback

ASUS Eee PC 4G - 7"

,----[ Quote ]
| The bottom line: For less than $400, the Asus Eee PC 4G offers an impressive
| package for portable Web surfing and basic productivity, as long as you keep
| expectations tempered. The incredibly approachable price outweighs any
| shortcomings; it's a near perfect choice for a highly portable second or
| backup laptop.
`----

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus...-32466960.html

Related:

Asus Eee PC 701 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| The Eee PC is also available from other vendors including RM, where it's
| known as the RM Asus miniBook. We have reviewed Asus' £219 version here,
| which will be available to buy on 14 November. *
`----

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,...9293507,00.htm

Thinking About Future Models of the Eee PC Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| In honor of the environment, you could call that bare-bones (but very
| functional) laptop the Greeen PC. And you'd have about 7 billion people on
| planet Earth wanting to buy one. *
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvo..._linux_la.html

Asus Eee Gets Early Russian Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Who has somehow got their hands on Asus' sub-$300 subnotebook? Russians,
| that's who. And they like it.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/0...ee-gets-e.html

Second-generation Asus Eee PC Mini Laptop Coming in April 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus will release the second Generation of Eee PC mini laptops in April 2008.
| The second-generation Eee PC laptops feature higher Intel's Merom processors
| (now Eee PC uses Intel Celeron M to 900 MHz). Also, Asus will reduce the
| power consumption of the next-generation laptops from 11W TDP down to 7W TDP. *
`----

http://laptopcom.blogspot.com/2007/0...e-pc-mini.html

UMPC expected to spawn family of devices

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux could still be well-represented in In-Stat's future UMD findings,
| however, if the current buzz around Linux- and Intel-based MIDs (mobile
| Internet devices) holds up. Currently, Red Flag, Ubuntu, and Gnome are among
| the open source software projects working on versions of their software
| specially aimed at mobile devices. * *
`----

$199 Linux Laptop Tantalizes Before Official Launch

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvo...nux_lapto.html