IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced .. - Linux

This is a discussion on IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced .. - Linux ; "IdentityBlog.com, a Web site run by Microsoft’s chief architect of identity and access, has been hacked and defaced" http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=617...

  1. IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced ..

    "IdentityBlog.com, a Web site run by Microsoft’s chief architect of
    identity and access, has been hacked and defaced"

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=617

  2. Re: IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced ..

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:09:32 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > "IdentityBlog.com, a Web site run by Microsoft¢s chief architect of
    > identity and access, has been hacked and defaced"
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=617

    Funny, it runs on Unix using Wordpress.

  3. Re: IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced ..

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:09:32 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> "IdentityBlog.com, a Web site run by Microsoft¢s chief architect of
    >> identity and access, has been hacked and defaced"
    >>
    >> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=617

    > Funny, it runs on Unix using Wordpress.

    Guess that's what happens when you have the qualifications of
    Microsoft's chief architect of identity and access....

    .... full acess!

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced ..

    Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:09:32 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >>
    >>> "IdentityBlog.com, a Web site run by Microsoft¢s chief architect of
    >>> identity and access, has been hacked and defaced"
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=617

    >> Funny, it runs on Unix using Wordpress.

    Where does it say Wordpress ..

    FreeBSD Apache 19-Oct-2007 207.7.108.43 TextDrive, Inc.
    FreeBSD Apache 28-Jun-2007 207.7.108.43 TextDrive, Inc.
    Linux Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
    DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...entityBlog.com

    > Guess that's what happens when you have the qualifications of Microsoft's chief architect of identity and access....

  5. Re: IdentityBlog.com hacked and defaced ..

    On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:13:53 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Funny, it runs on Unix using Wordpress.

    > Where does it say Wordpress ..
    >
    > FreeBSD Apache 19-Oct-2007 207.7.108.43 TextDrive, Inc.
    > FreeBSD Apache 28-Jun-2007 207.7.108.43 TextDrive, Inc.
    > Linux Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
    > DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26
    >
    > http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?...entityBlog.com
    >
    >> Guess that's what happens when you have the qualifications of Microsoft's chief architect of identity and access....

    Jesus Duh!g. I knew you were stupid, but I can't believe you're THAT
    stupid.

    Wordpress isn't a web server, therefore it wouldn't show up in the server
    header. How can you not know that?

    Wordpress is an application that runs on Apache. You can tell it's
    wordpress by looking at the web page itself:

    Note the link in the upper right corner that says "dashboard", the url is:

    https://www.identityblog.com/wp-cont...in%2findex.php

    wp-content is a clear fingerprint of wordpress.

    http://wordpress.org/tags/wp-content

    Damn you're stupid.

  6. FOAD ..

    On 11 Nov, 18:42, Erik Funkenbusch
    wrote:

    > Damn you're stupid.

    Typical of the planets most offensive troll on Usenet to respond to a
    question with 'you're stupid'. There are no stupid questions only
    stupid answers and stupid ignorant CUNTS like you doing the answering.
    When are you going to get cancer and die. Hopfully before your jizz
    infects any unfortunate female you rohypnoled on one of your
    'dates' ..

  7. Re: FOAD ..

    Doug Mentohl wrote:
    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> Damn you're stupid.

    > Typical of the planets most offensive troll on Usenet to
    > respond to a question with 'you're stupid'. There are no
    > stupid questions only stupid answers and stupid ignorant CUNTS
    > like you doing the answering. When are you going to get
    > cancer and die. Hopefully before your jizz infects any
    > unfortunate female you rohypnoled on one of your 'dates' ..

    Doug, I'd just killfile the POS and move on. Erik and Timmy
    major on minor issues. Ref. Paragraph 7.6, Points:

    13. Embarrass your opponent. Locate or create apparently
    embarrassing information or detail and utilize it out of all
    proportion-trying to create a scandal around it, to hijack a
    thread or drive everyone to distraction.

    14. Blackmail your opponent. Locate or create apparently
    embarrassing information or detail and threaten your opponent
    with exposure to force him to do as you want him to. This tactic
    can be combined with the "Embarrass your opponent" tactic if you
    can no longer get your way though Blackmail.
    in

    Yet they will ignore or support posts by the worst offending
    trolls. (They might rebuke in a post, so later they can claim,
    "You're wrong, I said, 'blah blah blah' on such date so
    in-your-face.") Reference Point:

    45. Criticize Linux Advocates but ignore anti-Linux propagandist
    transgressions. Always criticize the behavior of Linux
    Advocates, but, ignore the same and even worse transgressions are
    being committed by your fellow Trespassers.
    I noticed that Erik brings up the "in-your-face" point about
    non-Microsoft apps being the culprit. Here is something I found
    regarding Wordpress:

    http://wordpress.org/development/2007/03/upgrade-212/

    March 2, 2007
    WordPress 2.1.1 dangerous, Upgrade to 2.1.2
    By Matt. Filed under Releases.

    Long story short: If you downloaded WordPress 2.1.1 within the
    past 3-4 days, your files may include a security exploit that was
    added by a cracker, and you should upgrade all of your files to
    2.1.2 immediately.
    I won't say specifically because at this point I don't know the
    truth. It does seem ironic that a security guru would have their
    site hacked.

    OTOH, playing devil's advocate, if I wanted to discredit a
    competitor's product, it could be possible to maintain a weakness
    in the system, so news reflecting would be negative.

    It is too early and unfair to tell. If it makes it to the major
    presses, then it ought not be hard to determine underlying
    motives, IMHO. I.e., "Get the Facts - Linux Security Hacked -
    Get IIS and Windows Defender".

    --
    HPT

  8. Re: FOAD ..

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Damn you're stupid.

    >> Typical of the planets most offensive troll on Usenet to respond to
    >> a question with 'you're stupid'. There are no stupid questions only
    >> stupid answers and stupid ignorant CUNTS
    >> like you doing the answering. When are you going to get
    >> cancer and die. Hopefully before your jizz infects any
    >> unfortunate female you rohypnoled on one of your 'dates' ..

    > Doug, I'd just killfile the POS and move on. Erik and Timmy major on
    > minor issues. Ref. Paragraph 7.6, Points:

    HPT : as balanced as ever.

    I challenge the casual reader to read Erik's post where he educated Dog
    Mental, and then Dog's post suggesting death by cancer. And who does High
    Plains Thicky support? Yup. The man "advocating" death by cancer and
    making allegations of rape. COLA advocacy at its best I see. Well done
    lads. You have fallen below the standards even I thought you would never
    reach.

  9. Re: FOAD ..

    Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >> Doug Mentohl wrote:

    >>> Typical of the planets most offensive troll on Usenet to
    >>> respond to a question with 'you're stupid'. There are no
    >>> stupid questions only stupid answers and stupid ignorant
    >>> CUNTS like you doing the answering. When are you going to
    >>> get cancer and die. Hopefully before your jizz infects any
    >>> unfortunate female you rohypnoled on one of your 'dates'
    >>> ..

    >> Doug, I'd just killfile the POS and move on. Erik and Timmy
    >> major on minor issues. Ref. Paragraph 7.6, Points:
    >>

    >> 13. Embarrass your opponent. Locate or create apparently
    >> embarrassing information or detail and utilize it out of all
    >> proportion-trying to create a scandal around it, to hijack a
    >> thread or drive everyone to distraction.
    >>
    >> 14. Blackmail your opponent. Locate or create apparently
    >> embarrassing information or detail and threaten your
    >> opponent with exposure to force him to do as you want him
    >> to. This tactic can be combined with the "Embarrass your
    >> opponent" tactic if you can no longer get your way though
    >> Blackmail.
    >>

    >> in
    >>
    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    > HPT : as balanced as ever.
    >
    > I challenge the casual reader to read Erik's post where he
    > educated Dog Mental, and then Dog's post suggesting death by
    > cancer. And who does High Plains Thicky support? Yup. The man
    > "advocating" death by cancer and making allegations of rape.
    > COLA advocacy at its best I see. Well done lads. You have
    > fallen below the standards even I thought you would never
    > reach.

    [2.] Distract your opponent from the issues at hand by accusing
    your opponents of being "petty", "pathetic", "childish" or any of
    a number of other such terms.

    [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The liberal
    use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
    particularly when used against you more dignified opponents.
    Your experience as a school school yard bully can be handy here.
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....8c3c8b5a1d7e79

    My apologies to the readers of comp.os.linux.advocacy. It is
    time I bring this senseless debate with Mr. Hadron Quark to a
    close. It is obvious that he is only here to troll. Following
    are active illustrations of his shameless activity. You would be
    wise to simply ignore the perp. He is incapable of sound
    reasoning or reasonable discussion.
    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    Hadron Quark - Troll

    Name: Hadron Quark (aka: Hadron, Damian O'Leary, Hans Schneider)

    Traits:

    * Microsoft apologist
    * Habitual liar
    * Sets Organization header pretending to work at CERN, IBM, etc
    * Doesn't understand the value of telnet client as a simple
    network debugging tool. Thinks using telnet always means sending
    a username and password in clear text. Truly ignorant of TCP/IP.
    * Troll puppet
    * Gets upset when anyone includes their qualification in
    their .sig. This along with his pretence of working at CERN and
    IBM implies, IMHO, an inferiority complex. Probably a drop out
    who bears a grudge towards those who have achieved what Hadron
    couldn't.
    * Exhibits serious reading comprehension difficulties
    * Quark is too stupid to understand when the point above is
    explained to him over and over again
    * In case you missed it, he is just stupid. No cure. So sad

    Quotes:

    Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that
    time) with 98?
    comp.os.linux.advocacy - Thu, 16 Aug 2007

    "Anything said in COLA is a crock of ****."
    Hadron Quark, Tuesday 03 Jul 2007 - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    LOL Indeed. Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied it. One
    has to when dealing with loonies like Willy Boaster and his
    amazing killfiles.
    comp.os.linux.advocacy
    --
    HPT

  10. Re: FOAD ..

    On 12 Nov, 01:23, Hadron wrote:

    > You have fallen below the standards even I thought you would never reach.

    What strandards would that be

+ Reply to Thread