[News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks - Linux ; There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks ,----[ Quote ] | I don't know what's going on at Microsoft. They just can't seem to get | anything right. Don't believe me? Read on… `---- http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html Related: An Open Letter to Microsoft: Re-Release ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    `----

    http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html

    Related:

    An Open Letter to Microsoft: Re-Release Windows XP

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It's time to sober up on Windows Vista. This just isn't working out,
    | and your users are getting frustrated to the point where they're souring
    | on Windows altogether. In case you haven't seen some of the more
    | noteworthy blog posts on this topic, I refer you to Chris Pirillo,
    | Scot's Newsletter, or Spend Matters. Or check out the recent bug
    | reports regarding product activation and security flaws. This is all
    | stuff I managed to dredge up that was written yesterday.
    |
    | People are unhappy with Vista. Really unhappy. And though I know Microsoft
    | has its own form of Steve Jobs' reality distortion field, it certainly
    | can't keep you from seeing at least some of the sobering sales figures and
    | the crush of disappointing reviews of Vista. I don't want to dredge up all
    | the reasons people are unhappy with Vista in this letter. I want to talk
    | about what you ought to do stop a mass migration to Linux and the Mac.
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    `----

    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/184...ase-windows-xp

    An open letter to Bill Gates

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dear Bill Gates
    |
    | Give me back my weekend. I bought a new Windows Vista laptop -- and
    | that's when the trouble began.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | But what really grates is that your system is incompatible with two
    | of the vital tools of my trade. Vista refuses to load the software
    | for my newish Olympus digital recorder. And here?s what takes the
    | biscuit. Vista rejects my HP IPAQ handheld device ? even though the
    | software for that was created by Microsoft!
    |
    | So in order to put Vista at the centre of what I do, I would have to
    | buy hundreds of pounds of new hardware.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | My conclusion? For all the expensive and much-extended gestation,
    | Vista was not ready for commercial release. And, just so you know,
    | I've never once had a comparably horrible experience with the
    | Google boys.
    `----

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...ill_gates.html
    http://tinyurl.com/2tlc8w

  2. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | I don't know what's going on at Microsoft. They just can't seem to get
    > | anything right. Don't believe me? Read on?
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html

    I wonder if the Vista flop can be attributed to offshoreing. Perhaps those
    low cost sweat shops aren't really worth it after all...

    --

    Jerry McBride

  3. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Monday 29 October 2007 02:59 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | I don't know what's going on at Microsoft. They just can't seem to get
    >> | anything right. Don't believe me? Read on?
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html
    >>

    > I wonder if the Vista flop can be attributed to offshoreing. Perhaps those
    > low cost sweat shops aren't really worth it after all...

    I don't think the monopolist had much of a choice. Talented Americans no longer
    wish to work for Microsoft. With their skills, they can choose any company and
    brands like Google are rightly perceived as greener pastures. They needn't be
    associated with the corruption that is Microsoft, either (yes, Microsoft has
    the track record of a criminal, for a fact).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
    lies.
    Swap: 1510068k total, 681644k used, 828424k free, 47828k cached

  4. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Jerry McBride wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> I don't know what's going on at Microsoft. They just can't seem to
    >>> get anything right. Don't believe me? Read on?

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html

    User comments:

    "I purchased a new HP notebook in Feb 2007 which came with Vista Home
    Premium edition. Never had any problems with it whatsoever."

    "Turns out I loved [Vista] so much, I bought myself a new laptop."

    "I have Windows Vista Ultimate on both of my computers, and so far I have
    had no problems. No program issues, no crashes, no nothing. Vista I think is
    way way better than XP in performance and user interface."

    "Upgrading to Vista now (via new Dell XPS M1330). Not seamless but Vista an
    improvement in graphics and internet interface. However, 1) Vista security
    features a headache for older software and in your face for users."

    So: of the 4 comments about Vista, 3 are glowing and one is at worst
    neutral. This ratio is similar to the larger number of Vista comments at
    www.newegg.com.

    Face it: Vista is not nearly as bad as various lying cola bozos claim it is.

  5. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    "[H]omer" writes:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Jerry McBride spake thusly:
    >
    >> I wonder if the Vista flop can be attributed to offshoreing. Perhaps
    >> those low cost sweat shops aren't really worth it after all...

    > How any company can spend 10 billion dollars and six years on a software
    > project, and still end up producing a steaming turd, remains one of the
    > world's great unsolved mysteries.

    Not as much of a mystery as to why you're such a fanboy and still
    talking the same **** post after post after post. You're coming within
    the range of Willy Boasters boredom rays.

    --
    If men acted after marriage as they do during courtship, there would
    be fewer divorces -- and more bankruptcies.

  6. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    DFS wrote:

    > Jerry McBride wrote:
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html

    > User comments:
    >
    > "I purchased a new HP notebook in Feb 2007 which came with Vista Home
    > Premium edition. Never had any problems with it whatsoever."
    >
    > "Turns out I loved [Vista] so much, I bought myself a new laptop."
    >
    > "I have Windows Vista Ultimate on both of my computers, and so far I have
    > had no problems. No program issues, no crashes, no nothing. Vista I think
    > is way way better than XP in performance and user interface."
    >
    > "Upgrading to Vista now (via new Dell XPS M1330). Not seamless but Vista
    > an improvement in graphics and internet interface. However, 1) Vista
    > security features a headache for older software and in your face for
    > users."
    >
    > So: of the 4 comments about Vista, 3 are glowing and one is at worst
    > neutral. This ratio is similar to the larger number of Vista comments at
    > www.newegg.com.
    >
    > Face it: Vista is not nearly as bad as various lying cola bozos claim it
    > is.

    In order to review a product on newegg, one merely requires a newegg
    account. There is no requirement that one has actually purchased said
    product from newegg. Given that, I'd expect that all the "linux idiots"
    who "voted repeatedly" in the BBC online poll would have contributed an
    overwhelming flood of negative reviews of Vista to newegg by now.

    What's wrong with this picture?

    --
    This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  7. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    "skydweller" wrote in message
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Jerry McBride wrote:

    >> User comments:
    >>
    >> "I purchased a new HP notebook in Feb 2007 which came with Vista Home
    >> Premium edition. Never had any problems with it whatsoever."
    >>
    >> "Turns out I loved [Vista] so much, I bought myself a new laptop."
    >>
    >> "I have Windows Vista Ultimate on both of my computers, and so far I have
    >> had no problems. No program issues, no crashes, no nothing. Vista I think
    >> is way way better than XP in performance and user interface."
    >>
    >> "Upgrading to Vista now (via new Dell XPS M1330). Not seamless but Vista
    >> an improvement in graphics and internet interface. However, 1) Vista
    >> security features a headache for older software and in your face for
    >> users."
    >>
    >> So: of the 4 comments about Vista, 3 are glowing and one is at worst
    >> neutral. This ratio is similar to the larger number of Vista comments at
    >> www.newegg.com.
    >>
    >> Face it: Vista is not nearly as bad as various lying cola bozos claim it
    >> is.

    > In order to review a product on newegg, one merely requires a newegg
    > account. There is no requirement that one has actually purchased said
    > product from newegg.

    Bull****. Why don't you prove it by writing a review on NewEgg for us. Of
    course you can't because being the true "advocate" that you are, you
    subscribe to the theory that "it's ok to lie as long as it advocates linux."

    > Given that, I'd expect that all the "linux idiots"
    > who "voted repeatedly" in the BBC online poll would have contributed an
    > overwhelming flood of negative reviews of Vista to newegg by now.

    Because this proves that you can't write a review unless you purchase the
    product. Get it now ****-for-brains?

    > What's wrong with this picture?

    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's the problem.

    > --
    > This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  8. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    skydweller wrote:

    > In order to review a product on newegg, one merely requires a newegg
    > account. There is no requirement that one has actually purchased said
    > product from newegg. Given that, I'd expect that all the "linux
    > idiots" who "voted repeatedly" in the BBC online poll would have
    > contributed an overwhelming flood of negative reviews of Vista to
    > newegg by now.

    How do you know they didn't?

    > What's wrong with this picture?

    It was drawn by a feeble-minded, newly-arrived "advocate-wannabe" who has no
    idea how truly idiotic "Linux advocates" are.

    The reason I say that is because you obviously didn't read the negative
    1-star Vista reviews on Newegg, or you would have seen the Linux snakes
    wagging their forked tongues.

  9. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Sophie McDowell wrote:

    > "skydweller" wrote in message
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> User comments:
    >>>
    >>> "I purchased a new HP notebook in Feb 2007 which came with Vista Home
    >>> Premium edition. Never had any problems with it whatsoever."
    >>>
    >>> "Turns out I loved [Vista] so much, I bought myself a new laptop."
    >>>
    >>> "I have Windows Vista Ultimate on both of my computers, and so far I
    >>> have had no problems. No program issues, no crashes, no nothing. Vista I
    >>> think is way way better than XP in performance and user interface."
    >>>
    >>> "Upgrading to Vista now (via new Dell XPS M1330). Not seamless but Vista
    >>> an improvement in graphics and internet interface. However, 1) Vista
    >>> security features a headache for older software and in your face for
    >>> users."
    >>>
    >>> So: of the 4 comments about Vista, 3 are glowing and one is at worst
    >>> neutral. This ratio is similar to the larger number of Vista comments
    >>> at www.newegg.com.
    >>>
    >>> Face it: Vista is not nearly as bad as various lying cola bozos claim it
    >>> is.

    >> In order to review a product on newegg, one merely requires a newegg
    >> account. There is no requirement that one has actually purchased said
    >> product from newegg.

    > Bull****. Why don't you prove it by writing a review on NewEgg for us. Of
    > course you can't because being the true "advocate" that you are, you
    > subscribe to the theory that "it's ok to lie as long as it advocates
    > linux."

    Let me reiterate: there is no purchase requirement to submit a review.

    >> Given that, I'd expect that all the "linux idiots"
    >> who "voted repeatedly" in the BBC online poll would have contributed an
    >> overwhelming flood of negative reviews of Vista to newegg by now.

    > Because this proves that you can't write a review unless you purchase the
    > product. Get it now ****-for-brains?

    Guess again.

    >> What's wrong with this picture?

    > You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's the problem.

    Your lack of a functional brain cell is excusable, since you were presumably
    born that way and can't help it; it's probably incurable as well. Your
    psychosis may be treatable, however. The 18th century French had the
    perfect cure for you.

    >> --
    >> This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

    --
    This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  10. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    [H]omer espoused:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Jerry McBride spake thusly:
    >
    >> I wonder if the Vista flop can be attributed to offshoreing. Perhaps
    >> those low cost sweat shops aren't really worth it after all...

    > How any company can spend 10 billion dollars and six years on a software
    > project, and still end up producing a steaming turd, remains one of the
    > world's great unsolved mysteries.

    I don't think Vista was offshored, was it? I think it's just the
    product of a couple of decades of "marketing led" software design.
    Nothing works, but it looks great in the pictures.

  11. Re: PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    On Oct 28, 9:19 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | I don't know what's going on at Microsoft. They just can't seem to get
    > | anything right. Don't believe me? Read on...
    > `----
    > http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtwea...es/005783.html

    Keep in mind that Microsoft may be trying to do what it did with
    Windows ME. When Judge Penfield-Jackson ordered Microsoft to make
    some changes in Windows 98 to reduce the bundling, Microsoft released
    a compliant version that was so horrible that nobody wanted it.

    The EU court ordered Microsoft to make a "Bare Bones" version of
    Windows that didn't have Media and other anticompetitive bundleware
    included. Microsoft complied by releasing Vista Home Basic and adding
    so many restrictions, limitations, and disabled functionality that
    everybody hates it - which is exactly what Microsoft wanted. So no
    Microsoft gets to sell upgrades to the OEMs, to corporate customers,
    and to end-users.

    Microsoft complied with the letter of the law in the EU court order,
    but they also defeated the spirit and intent of the order by
    lobotomizing it.

    Appearantly, all versions of Vista are the same compiled code, but
    different versions have different functionality activated or
    deactivated. Yet for some reason, you can't go to a store and buy a
    machine with Windows Home Premium, call the manufacturer, give THEM
    your credit card for order for $20 and upgrade to Vista Business. You
    have to buy a box and go through the mechanics of installing
    something, and pay at least an extra $100 to do the upgrade.

    > Related:
    >
    > An Open Letter to Microsoft: Re-Release Windows XP
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | It's time to sober up on Windows Vista. This just isn't working out,
    > | and your users are getting frustrated to the point where they're souring
    > | on Windows altogether. In case you haven't seen some of the more
    > | noteworthy blog posts on this topic, I refer you to Chris Pirillo,
    > | Scot's Newsletter, or Spend Matters. Or check out the recent bug
    > | reports regarding product activation and security flaws. This is all
    > | stuff I managed to dredge up that was written yesterday.
    > |
    > | People are unhappy with Vista. Really unhappy. And though I know Microsoft
    > | has its own form of Steve Jobs' reality distortion field, it certainly
    > | can't keep you from seeing at least some of the sobering sales figures and
    > | the crush of disappointing reviews of Vista. I don't want to dredge up all
    > | the reasons people are unhappy with Vista in this letter. I want to talk
    > | about what you ought to do stop a mass migration to Linux and the Mac.
    > | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    It's very likely that Microsoft has received similar letters from HP,
    Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Gateway, E-Machines, and numerous other OEMs,
    because Microsoft did allow these OEMs to continue selling Windows XP
    - as an "upgrade" to Vista.

    >From what I can tell, Microsoft lets these OEMS upgrade to Vista

    Business edition, at which point they have the option of installing
    either Windows XP Professional, or Vista Business Edition, without
    telling Microsoft which was installed. This gives them the ability to
    claim the licenses as Vista licenses, even though what was shipped was
    XP.

    Some OEMs have said that "Most" of the machines they are selling are
    still being shipped with Windows XP. To me, that would mean a minimum
    of 50%, but that could be as little as 20% if you figure that Vista
    sales may be evenly split 20% for Home Basic, 20% for Home Premium,
    20% for Business, 19% for Ultimate, and 21% for XP. Does anybody
    think that might be the situation here?

    > `----
    >
    > http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/184...o-microsoft-re...
    >
    > An open letter to Bill Gates
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Dear Bill Gates
    > |
    > | Give me back my weekend.

    Maybe all of those weekends over the last 30 years that we have had to
    work unpaid overtime to compensate for the flaws and maneuvers of MS-
    BASIC, MS-DOS, Windows 1.0 through 3.1, Windows NT 3.1, Windows 95A
    and Windows 98 First Edition.

    Microsoft did have a few winners. MS-DOS 3.3, Windows 95B, Windows 98
    SE, Windows 2000, and Windows XP with SP2 - after 18 months, those
    were pretty good. But even those were attempts to "Catch Up" to Unix
    and Linux. Linux had the reliability, security, flexibility, true
    preemptive multitasking, reliable overlapping Windows, and other
    features of Windows XP - back in 1994, almost a YEAR before Windows 95
    was released.

    But Microsoft had one thing that Linux didn't. Microsoft OWNED the
    OEM distribution channel. When OEMs were tempted by Linux, Netscape,
    and other pro-comptitive options, Microsoft "persuaded" them into
    excluding these other competitor products from the marketplace. Court
    records made public during the contempt of court hearings, the
    antitrust hearings, and several civil trials shows the kinds of
    pressure that was used. Microsoft executives even admitted to acts
    that were ruled by federal court judged to be fraud, extortion,
    blackmail, and sabotage, and obstruction of justice.

    Microsoft fought a good hard legal battle, paid for carefully
    negotiated settlements which let them continue to do exactly what they
    had been doing that was illegal, and had the records sealed so that
    the records and testimony couldn't be used against them in court in
    future cases - or posted to usenet and public web sites.

    The exhibits submitted into evidence, even those were not sealed at
    the time of trial, were far more damning than the testimony of the
    witnesses or the arguments of the attorneys. E-mails from Bill Gates,
    Steve Ballmer, Steve Alchin, and Nathan Myrvold, to each other, openly
    discussing acts that they admitted in their e-mails would be illegal
    and/or would require some extra effort on the part of the legal
    department.

    > | I bought a new Windows Vista laptop -- and
    > | that's when the trouble began.

    > | [...]

    > | My conclusion? For all the expensive and much-extended gestation,
    > | Vista was not ready for commercial release.

    Keep in mind that two versions - Vista Home Basic and Vista Home
    Premium, were not SUPPOSED to be for COMMERCIAL use. The license
    expressly forbids numerous acts ranging from use related to business
    activities or consulting, to use as a Virtualized client.

    Ironically, the Vista Business edition permits the uses of Vista as a
    virtualized client, but the OEM license forbids the OEMS from
    packaging Vista as a virtualized client.

    > | And, just so you know,
    > | I've never once had a comparably horrible experience with the
    > | Google boys.

    One of the nice things about OSS is that we don't have to time
    everything for a big "Revenue Hit". With OSS used in Linux
    distributions, upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes are released as
    they are available, usually at no extra charge. New versions try to
    be backward compatible with older versions, because they aren't trying
    to force you into an expensive upgrade.

    Microsoft's SEC filing shows that Microsoft is aware that Vista isn't
    going as well as they had hoped. They have very carefully blended
    their XP numbers in with their Vista numbers to remain Sarbanes-Oxley
    compliant, while still being able to tell the general press that "It's
    all Vista".

    Microsoft is being attacked on all fronts. Mac is a smashing success,
    and Microsoft's OEMs are jealously looking at Apple's 60% growth rates
    and 40-50% profit margins compared to their 20% growth over some of
    the worst quarters in several years, and profit margins that have
    already eroded ot paper-thin, some are even having to subsidize their
    PC business again.

    I would guess that those OEMs are beginning to look at measures almost
    as drastic as those taken by IBM. Sell the PC operations to offshore
    companies, get out of the Windows PC business, and make some
    Workstations and Laptops that Microsoft can't control.

    IBM still makes workstations, but those machines can be purchased with
    either Windows or Linux pre-installed. The windows machines are
    frequently used as management consoles for server rooms - and running
    Linux.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...url.com/2tlc8w

  12. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    > Sophie McDowell wrote:
    >

    >> "skydweller" wrote in message

    >>> In order to review a product on newegg, one merely requires a newegg
    >>> account. There is no requirement that one has actually purchased said
    >>> product from newegg.

    >> Bull****. Why don't you prove it by writing a review on NewEgg for us. Of
    >> course you can't because being the true "advocate" that you are, you
    >> subscribe to the theory that "it's ok to lie as long as it advocates
    >> linux."
    >>

    > Let me reiterate: there is no purchase requirement to submit a review.

    No. Let me reiterate. Like most cola liars ^h^h^h^h "advocates" you are
    dumber than **** on a stick.

    Here, let me help prove what a god damn clueless moron you are.

    http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/...me=All-Reviews

    Notice the sentence at the top of the page. Caps added by me because you are
    too fscking stupid to find it yourself.

    - " To write reviews for PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED, please click here to
    login. "

    >>> Given that, I'd expect that all the "linux idiots"
    >>> who "voted repeatedly" in the BBC online poll would have contributed an
    >>> overwhelming flood of negative reviews of Vista to newegg by now.

    >> Because this proves that you can't write a review unless you purchase the
    >> product. Get it now ****-for-brains?
    >>

    > Guess again.

    No guessing required. You are a fscking idiot.

    >>> What's wrong with this picture?

    >> You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's the
    >> problem.

    > Your lack of a functional brain cell is excusable, since you were
    > presumably
    > born that way and can't help it; it's probably incurable as well. Your
    > psychosis may be treatable, however. The 18th century French had the
    > perfect cure for you.

    Care to try again? I didn't think so. No run along like the clueless idiot
    that you are.

  13. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    "skydweller" wrote in message
    > Sophie McDowell wrote:
    >

    >> "skydweller" wrote in message

    >>> In order to review a product on newegg, one merely requires a newegg
    >>> account. There is no requirement that one has actually purchased said
    >>> product from newegg.

    >> Bull****. Why don't you prove it by writing a review on NewEgg for us. Of
    >> course you can't because being the true "advocate" that you are, you
    >> subscribe to the theory that "it's ok to lie as long as it advocates
    >> linux."
    >>

    > Let me reiterate: there is no purchase requirement to submit a review.
    >

    >>> Given that, I'd expect that all the "linux idiots"
    >>> who "voted repeatedly" in the BBC online poll would have contributed an
    >>> overwhelming flood of negative reviews of Vista to newegg by now.

    >> Because this proves that you can't write a review unless you purchase the
    >> product. Get it now ****-for-brains?
    >>

    > Guess again.
    >

    >>> What's wrong with this picture?

    >> You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's the
    >> problem.

    > Your lack of a functional brain cell is excusable, since you were
    > presumably
    > born that way and can't help it; it's probably incurable as well. Your
    > psychosis may be treatable, however. The 18th century French had the
    > perfect cure for you.

    By the way... is everyone in Plainview, NY a retard or just you?

  14. Re: PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    "Rex Ballard" wrote in message
    news:1193750205.865993.206530@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Oct 28, 9:19 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> There's No Doubt: Vista Sucks

    > It's very likely that Microsoft has received similar letters from HP,

    It's very likely that you are speculating without a single shred of
    evidence.

    > Microsoft's SEC filing shows that Microsoft is aware that Vista isn't
    > going as well as they had hoped.

    I see that you and your illegal "drug dealer equivalent" employer IBM are
    repeating the same bull**** that I shot down yesterday.

    Do show exactly where the SEC filing shows this. Last I checked the SEC
    filing showed a huge increase in Windows revenue that resulted in a huge
    increase in Microsoft stock price.

    > They have very carefully blended
    > their XP numbers in with their Vista numbers to remain Sarbanes-Oxley
    > compliant, while still being able to tell the general press that "It's
    > all Vista".

    More lies from the king of liars. Yesterday I showed that Microsoft has been
    doing this for about 10 years now. It's simpler and easier to report numbers
    this way which is exactly how MOST companies report sales. Only in the mind
    of a sick COLA liar ^h^h^h "advocate" is this some diabolical scheme that
    Microsoft launched in the mid 1990's to cover up Vista sales 10 years later.

    Free tip for you Rex. Grow up. Quit lying. And quit repeating the same lies
    each and every day.

    > Microsoft is being attacked on all fronts. Mac is a smashing success,

    Yes it is. Too bad linux isn't.

    > and Microsoft's OEMs are jealously looking at Apple's 60% growth rates
    > and 40-50% profit margins compared to their 20% growth over some of
    > the worst quarters in several years, and profit margins that have
    > already eroded ot paper-thin, some are even having to subsidize their
    > PC business again.

    More lies and bull****. This is not Microsoft "worst quarters in several
    years" - quite opposite you lying scum.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...s/article.html
    - "Microsoft Beats Street, Reports Strongest Q1 in 8 Years"

    And no... their profit margins are not paper thin. Once again you are worse
    than wrong. You are a LIAR.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=MSFT
    Profit Margin (ttm): 27.51%

    But when we look at your illegal drug dealing company IBM we see much
    thinner profit margins:

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=IBM
    Profit Margin (ttm): 10.40%

    You are either borderline retarded or a lying scumbag. Which is it?

    > I would guess that those OEMs are beginning to look at ...

    Yes. This is just a stupid wild ass guess from a proven liar. (Do tell us
    again about those razor thin margins.)

  15. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Sophie McDowell wrote:

    .... snip incoherent adolescent rantings

    --
    This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  16. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    > Sophie McDowell wrote:
    >
    > ... snip incoherent adolescent rantings

    That's right scumbag. Now that you're ass has been handed to you run away
    like the coward that you are.

    ("skydweller") > Let me reiterate: there is no purchase requirement to
    submit a review.

    No. Let me reiterate. Like most cola liars ^h^h^h^h "advocates" you are
    dumber than **** on a stick.

    Here, let me help prove what a god damn clueless moron you are.

    http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/...me=All-Reviews

    - " To write reviews for PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED, please click here to
    login. "

    Notice the sentence at the top of the page. Caps added by me because you are
    too fscking stupid to find it yourself.

  17. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Sophie McDowell wrote:

    > "skydweller" wrote in message
    >> Sophie McDowell wrote:
    >>

    >>> "skydweller" wrote in message

    >>> Bull****. Why don't you prove it by writing a review on NewEgg for us.
    >>> Of course you can't because being the true "advocate" that you are, you
    >>> subscribe to the theory that "it's ok to lie as long as it advocates
    >>> linux."
    >>>

    >> Let me reiterate: there is no purchase requirement to submit a review.

    >>> Because this proves that you can't write a review unless you purchase
    >>> the product. Get it now ****-for-brains?
    >>>

    >> Guess again.

    >>> You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's the
    >>> problem.

    >> Your lack of a functional brain cell is excusable, since you were
    >> presumably
    >> born that way and can't help it; it's probably incurable as well. Your
    >> psychosis may be treatable, however. The 18th century French had the
    >> perfect cure for you.
    >>

    > By the way... is everyone in Plainview, NY a retard or just you?

    Plainview, NY is the correct time zone. So is Miami, FL. So is Augusta,
    ME.

    Care for a game of chess, genius?
    --
    This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  18. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Sophie McDowell wrote:

    > "skydweller" wrote in message
    >> Sophie McDowell wrote:
    >>
    >> ... snip incoherent adolescent rantings
    >>

    > That's right scumbag. Now that you're ass has been handed to you run away
    > like the coward that you are.
    >

    > ("skydweller") > Let me reiterate: there is no purchase requirement to
    > submit a review.
    >
    > No. Let me reiterate. Like most cola liars ^h^h^h^h "advocates" you are
    > dumber than **** on a stick.
    >
    > Here, let me help prove what a god damn clueless moron you are.

    http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/...me=All-Reviews

    > - " To write reviews for PRODUCTS YOU HAVE PURCHASED, please click here to
    > login. "
    >

    > Notice the sentence at the top of the page. Caps added by me because you
    > are too fscking stupid to find it yourself.

    Interesting. I'm not sure how you got to that page. I did what any sane
    person would do, to wit:

    - Go to a product page
    - Click on "write a review"

    This takes you to a login page. After logging in, you go to a page such as
    the following (this one's for Kingston memory):

    https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...82E16820134384

    On this page is a link which takes you here:

    http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/PostingPolicy.asp

    Nope, don't have to buy anything.

    Have a nice day.

    --
    This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  19. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:12:22 -0400, skydweller wrote:

    > Interesting. I'm not sure how you got to that page. I did what any sane
    > person would do, to wit:
    >
    > - Go to a product page
    > - Click on "write a review"
    >
    > This takes you to a login page. After logging in, you go to a page such as
    > the following (this one's for Kingston memory):
    >
    > https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion...82E16820134384
    >
    > On this page is a link which takes you here:
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/PostingPolicy.asp
    >
    > Nope, don't have to buy anything.
    >
    > Have a nice day.

    Your not being very nice making Sophie look like a fscking idiot!

  20. Re: [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks

    Freeride wrote:

    > Your not being very nice making Sophie look like a fscking idiot!

    your = you're

    You're welcome, brainiac

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast