[News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Bogus Litigation Arm' Out on the Street Shortly - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Bogus Litigation Arm' Out on the Street Shortly - Linux ; SCO gets bankruptcy court approval to sell its Unix business ,----[ Quote ] | SCO certainly must be hoping someone else bids for its dying Unix business, | because York isn't offering a very good price for it. $46 million ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Bogus Litigation Arm' Out on the Street Shortly

    SCO gets bankruptcy court approval to sell its Unix business

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | SCO certainly must be hoping someone else bids for its dying Unix business,
    | because York isn't offering a very good price for it. $46 million amounts to
    | only about two years of SCO's Unix business revenue, so that minimal offer
    | likely reflects York's recognition that SCO's Unix business has been
    | declining by 10 to 20 percent every year. If SCO's Unix business were
    | healthy, even growing, it could fetch three or more times annual revenue.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...nkruptcy-court

    Good riddance to another Microsoft proxy.

    Related:

    Darl McBride destroying SCO: bankruptcy looms

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | SCO has long been sueing IBM for using SCO intellectual property in
    | Linux and AIX product. Linux lovers will applaud the downfall, if
    | it happens - which, no doubt whatsoever, they devoutly wish - of
    | Darl McBride's disputacious and deeply disreputable company.
    |
    | I'm just glad that people who once worked for SCO in the UK can
    | relax in the knowledge that their pensions are safe even though
    | the company, which many once loved, has been taken to the brink
    | of disaster by its present management.
    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/storage/blo...d=369&blogid=3

  2. Re: [Rival] Microsoft's 'Bogus Litigation Arm' Out on the Street Shortly

    On Oct 28, 9:21 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > SCO gets bankruptcy court approval to sell its Unix business

    A fugitive of Justice tries to sell what they don't own.

    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | SCO certainly must be hoping someone else bids for its dying Unix business,
    > | because York isn't offering a very good price for it. $46 million amounts to
    > | only about two years of SCO's Unix business revenue, so that minimal offer
    > | likely reflects York's recognition that SCO's Unix business has been
    > | declining by 10 to 20 percent every year.

    There are a few minor problems with this whole scenario. It seems
    that SCO purchased only distribution rights to UNIX, not the
    copyrights. Furthermore, they never made the required payments
    required to complete the transaction.

    It's ironic that Caldera had originally purchased the Unix Support
    business, which provided the technical support for companies like KFC,
    Pizza Hut, Burger King, and other major corporate franchises. SCO was
    also the leading provider of UNIX servers used to connect NASD brokers
    to the NASDAQ trading system.

    > | If SCO's Unix business were
    > | healthy, even growing, it could fetch three or more times annual revenue.

    There's the rub. Many major SCO customers were looking at Linux when
    the lawsuit against IBM was filed, and the summary judgement against
    SCO in the case with Novell removed the barrier that had held these
    customers to continue to pay for UNIX rights. SCO staff never seemed
    to want to learn Linux, even when Caldera purchased the service
    organization from the original SCO organization.

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...sco-gets-bankr...
    > Good riddance to another Microsoft proxy.
    > Related:
    >
    > Darl McBride destroying SCO: bankruptcy looms
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | SCO has long been sueing IBM for using SCO intellectual property in
    > | Linux and AIX product. Linux lovers will applaud the downfall, if
    > | it happens - which, no doubt whatsoever, they devoutly wish - of
    > | Darl McBride's disputacious and deeply disreputable company.

    It wasn't the company that was disreputable. What was disreputable
    was the way a pod of investors acting on behalf of unidentified
    interests decided to fire Ransom Love, who had built Caldera into a
    very successful company that was able to purchase SCO's service
    organizaton, with Daryl McBride, who's big claim to fame and fortune
    was double-crossing his previous employers, then suing them when he
    was fired.

    Given that court records show that Daryl McBride was officially told
    that there was no merit to the case, even before they filed it,
    McBride is directly responsible for a massive "Pump-and-dump"
    operation. Between McBride and the CFO, who had been placed by
    Microsoft and was closely tied to Microsoft, the pump-and-dump scheme
    may have netted as much as $15 million for each of them.

    > http://www.techworld.com/storage/blo...d=369&blogid=3

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's 'Bogus Litigation Arm' Out on the Street Shortly

    ____/ [H]omer on Monday 29 October 2007 15:52 : \____

    >> SCO gets bankruptcy court approval to sell its Unix business

    > Well at least they'll be able to pay their debts, before they slip down
    > into the great abyss.

    Word on that street is that a Sweaty Chimp will wear her leathery corset and
    whip them out in the street. It won't be pleasant. Nasty, nasty... like Darl's
    dreams of fame and fortune.

    SCO is not over because it has offsprings. Wait and watch.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | < http://debian.org >