Linux driver support - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux driver support - Linux ; "Desktop Linux needs drivers. Right? Of course. So why is Novell's Greg Kroah-Hartman, a Linux kernel developer and head of the Linux Driver Project, having to ask people to tell him about devices that need drivers?" http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6669895837.html -- Hypocrisy is ...

  1. Linux driver support

    "Desktop Linux needs drivers. Right? Of course. So why is Novell's Greg
    Kroah-Hartman, a Linux kernel developer and head of the Linux Driver
    Project, having to ask people to tell him about devices that need
    drivers?"

    Hypocrisy is the vaseline of social intercourse.

    http://www.websterscafe.com

  2. Re: Linux driver support

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:08:23 +0000, Handover Phist wrote:

    > "Desktop Linux needs drivers. Right? Of course. So why is Novell's Greg
    > Kroah-Hartman, a Linux kernel developer and head of the Linux Driver
    > Project, having to ask people to tell him about devices that need
    > drivers?"
    >
    > http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6669895837.html

    Here's one for him; Logitech Quickcam 5000. It can be made to work but
    it's not easy and Logitech's forum goes out of it's way to mention that
    they do not support Linux.

    --
    Mindy Cohen
    "Life is too short to hate"

  3. Re: Linux driver support

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:08:23 +0000, Handover Phist wrote:

    > "Desktop Linux needs drivers. Right? Of course. So why is Novell's Greg
    > Kroah-Hartman, a Linux kernel developer and head of the Linux Driver
    > Project, having to ask people to tell him about devices that need
    > drivers?"
    >
    > http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6669895837.html

    .... because he can't possible know of all the devices that need drivers?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Linux driver support

    Mindy Cohen :
    > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:08:23 +0000, Handover Phist wrote:
    >
    >> "Desktop Linux needs drivers. Right? Of course. So why is Novell's Greg
    >> Kroah-Hartman, a Linux kernel developer and head of the Linux Driver
    >> Project, having to ask people to tell him about devices that need
    >> drivers?"
    >>
    >> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6669895837.html

    > Here's one for him; Logitech Quickcam 5000. It can be made to work but
    > it's not easy and Logitech's forum goes out of it's way to mention that
    > they do not support Linux.

    I suggest sending a note off to him mentioning that. I though about
    mentioning my old Intel webcam but XP never really had any support for
    it and the thing is really, really old. I'm probably the only person on
    earth who wants the driver!

    Logitech does have a few cameras with Linux support (I believe), but
    when companies decide not to support something, they can be pretty
    stubborn about it.

    --
    DIE MTV DIE

    http://www.websterscafe.com

  5. Re: Linux driver support

    ____/ Handover Phist on Sunday 28 October 2007 17:18 : \____

    > I suggest sending a note off to him mentioning that.

    You're replying to Gary Stewart. He used that sock puppet before.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men

  6. Re: Linux driver support

    --
    PeKaJe

    The only reward of virtue is virtue.