[News] [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista - Linux ; Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP. ,----[ Quote ] | 1 - Where is the 'WOW' factor. | | 2 - Speed | | 3 - Not fully tested | | 4 - User Account Panel ...

  1. [News] [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | 1 - Where is the 'WOW' factor.
    |
    | 2 - Speed
    |
    | 3 - Not fully tested
    |
    | 4 - User Account Panel
    |
    | 5 - Windows Media Player and Media Management
    |
    | 6 - Windows Explorer
    |
    | 7 - Nothing New
    `----

    http://scandoko.blogspot.com/2007/10...ld-revert.html

    Funny:

    Windows Vista Vinyl Edition

    http://www.mopo.ca/2007/10/windows-v...l-edition.html

    Related:

    Dutch Consumer Association declares war on Vista

    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200..._declares_war/

  2. Re: [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:
    > Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    Why don't you give us 7 reasons not to use Linux?

    I'll give you one BIG reason: compatibility with 90+% of the real
    world.

    Unless you enjoy playing with your imaginary friends, with 1% market
    share (read Linux).

    RL

  3. Re: [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:38:36 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >> Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    > Why don't you give us 7 reasons not to use Linux?
    >
    > I'll give you one BIG reason: compatibility with 90+% of the real world.
    >
    > Unless you enjoy playing with your imaginary friends, with 1% market
    > share (read Linux).
    >
    > RL

    Comments like the above is why you get invectives.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:38:36 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    >> Why don't you give us 7 reasons not to use Linux?
    >>
    >> I'll give you one BIG reason: compatibility with 90+% of the real world.
    >>
    >> Unless you enjoy playing with your imaginary friends, with 1% market
    >> share (read Linux).
    >>
    >> RL

    > Comments like the above is why you get invectives.

    And then he wonders why he doesn't get help when he asks a question.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1.5

  5. Re: [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    ____/ Rick on Sunday 28 October 2007 11:56 : \____

    > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:38:36 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:
    >
    >> On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>> Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    >> Why don't you give us 7 reasons not to use Linux?
    >>
    >> I'll give you one BIG reason: compatibility with 90+% of the real world.
    >>
    >> Unless you enjoy playing with your imaginary friends, with 1% market
    >> share (read Linux).
    >>
    >> RL

    > Comments like the above is why you get invectives.

    He does not come from a technology background, so he does not understand what
    he comments on. Heck, he never even /used/ Linux, I'd imagine, but that
    doesn't stop him from invading a Linux newsgroup and attacking Linux.

    He doesn't belong here. He belong in the bit bucket because he does not behave.
    He must be a physically abusive person, so I feel bad for his
    wife/children/boyfriend/whatever.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert (MCSE)
    run-level 2 2007-10-16 15:14 last=

  6. Re: [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:38:36 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    > Why don't you give us 7 reasons not to use Linux?
    >
    > I'll give you one BIG reason: compatibility with 90+% of the real
    > world.

    What compatability would that refer to? I exchange ms word docs and word
    perfect docs with folks all the time. I submitted a powerpoint doc made in
    open office impress to a publisher and he never knew the difference. We
    have nine of eleven public access internet computers at the local library
    running Linux and no one has a problem with that.

    > Unless you enjoy playing with your imaginary friends, with 1% market
    > share (read Linux).
    >
    > RL

  7. Re: [Rival] Reasons Why Windows XP is Considered Better Than Vista

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 04:38:36 -0700, raylopez99 wrote:

    > On Oct 27, 5:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz
    > wrote:
    >> Seven Reasons why you should revert back to Windows XP.

    > Why don't you give us 7 reasons not to use Linux?

    That would be stupid, since there are lots of reasons *to* use Linux.

    > I'll give you one BIG reason: compatibility with 90+% of the real
    > world.

    Nonsense. Linux is compatible with most things out there in the 'real'
    world. (Though where you imagine we Linux users live, I don't know).

    Bull****.

    --
    Kier

+ Reply to Thread