Re: Microsoft adapts XP to work on the OLPC .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Microsoft adapts XP to work on the OLPC .. - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out this bit o' wisdom: >>> http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.../10/26/1344213 >> >> Microsoft hates this projects. > > there are no applications tailored for low-power machines either, so > even if Microsoft managed to ...

  1. Re: Microsoft adapts XP to work on the OLPC ..

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.../10/26/1344213

    >> Microsoft hates this projects.

    > there are no applications tailored for low-power machines either, so
    > even if Microsoft managed to get a cut-down kernel and GUI running,
    > there would be nothing to run.

    Maybe they can get Microsoft Bob to run on it.

    --
    Tux rox!

  2. Re: Microsoft adapts XP to work on the OLPC ..

    ____/ Linonut on Saturday 27 October 2007 14:49 : \____

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Mark Kent belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Microsoft hates this projects.

    >> there are no applications tailored for low-power machines either, so
    >> even if Microsoft managed to get a cut-down kernel and GUI running,
    >> there would be nothing to run.

    > Maybe they can get Microsoft Bob to run on it.

    Yes, I can envision a talking dog running on cow's sh*te.

    OLPC experiments with cow-powered laptops (seriously)

    ,----[ Quote ]

    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9044060

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
    16:00:02 up 11 days, 45 min, 3 users, load average: 0.83, 0.67, 0.76