Oracle's Linux: Unbreakable? Or Just A Necessary Adjustment?

,----[ Quote ]
| When Oracle's Linux technical support team has a fix, it gives that fix to
| the customer without waiting for Red Hat's uptake or the kernel process
| itself, Ellison said.
|
| [...]
|
| When Red Hat learns of bugs, it retrofits the fixes into its current and
| older versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. That's one of Red Hat's main
| engineering investments in Linux, Berman said in an interview.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...s_linux_u.html

Nothing like Vista bugs though. "Vista" means "alpha" in Spanish.

[BUG] Windows Vista Explorer Statusbar Doesnt Show File Size Information in
Drives Root

http://www.askvg.com/bug-windows-vis...n-drives-root/

Funny Vista Error

http://www.ebswift.com/Misc/FunnyVistaError.aspx

Related:

Microsoft reportedly delays release of RTM version of Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| ...additional bugs were found in the RTM build
| 5824 version, and together the bugs could paralyze an
| upgraded Vista-capable Windows XP OS, said the sources.
`----

http://www.digitimes.com/systems/a20061025A9047.html

Bugs we all know and "love" from XP..

,----[ Quote ]
| Am I the only one who screams "Hooray, there it is again!" when he realizes
| old bugs from Windows XP are back in Windows Vista?
`----

http://nafcom.blogspot.com/2007/10/b...e-from-xp.html

Entries Categorized as 'Bugs & Goof-ups'

http://www.askvg.com/category/bugs-goof-ups/

Weird Winamp Glitch In Vista (Video)

http://www.jdenison.com/?p=372

Microsoft shoots self in foot:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...7597786&size=o

Windows Vista running with no RAM!

,----[ Quote ]
| But as you can see from the screenshot above, Vista can function with zero
| RAM. I know, it does sound illogical, but then again… And no, it is not an
| example of my Photoshop skills at work, it is a genuine screenshot from
| Vista. *
`----

http://www.comnetslash.com/2007/10/0...g-with-no-ram/

"Mommy, it's broken." 2 weeks with Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| After 5 years of development, Vista still isn't ready for prime time.
| It's like taking a car without an engine and putting a new coat of
| paint on it. Sure it looks pretty, but it still doesn't work. I would
| wait at least 6 months if not a year to invest in Vista. In fact I
| personally will be putting XP on my laptop because Vista crashes too
| much for me to use everyday.
|
| This review doesn't take into account the DRM and anti-piracy
| issues that have been brought up by Vista. Without taking those
| into account I still wouldn't buy Vista.
`----

http://www.pocatelloshops.com/blogs/...ce.php?id=2208

Vista isn't ready for non-office use

,----[ Quote ]
| While the computing world is suitably excited there is enough evidence at
| the moment to suggest that moving to Vista might be a bad idea if you're
| doing anything clever.
| *
| Drivers - the fun of...
|
| Gaming...
|
| Sound...
|
| General performance...
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/vist...non_office_use

Wrong spelling in Vista, LOL!

,----[ Quote ]
| I just did a Reliability and Performance Monitor collection and Data
| evaluation. I looked at Resource overview and noticed a spelling msitake, it
| said Resouce Monitor. *
| Check yourselves.
`----

http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19939

Programs Cannot Be Uninstalled In Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| Possibly after one of the latest updates in Windows Vista, two strange things
| happened: first, the Uninstall option is no longer available in the Control
| Panel when you right-click on older programs (most likely, those installed
| prior to the update in question, because uninstall works fine for recently
| installed programs — the Uninstall button is also missing on the toolbar at
| the top); second, some programs are no longer shown on the applications list
| in Control Panel (e.g., Yahoo Messenger). * * *
`----

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...41254&from=rss

MS update sends PCs 'haywire'

,----[ Quote ]
| Users are advised to review knowledge base articles that refer to the
| particular version of .NET and Windows they are running for more information,
| which are listed under the "known issues" section of the bulletin. *
|
| The SANS posting, and feedback we're hearing, suggests the problems some
| users are experiencing are more than these knowledge base articles might
| suggest but at least these postings provide a starting point for users before
| they refer outstanding issues they might still be having to Microsoft or
| their support partners. * *
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07...atch_problems/

Windows cursor patch causing trouble

,----[ Quote ]
| Installing Microsoft's Tuesday patch for a "critical" Windows
| vulnerability is causing trouble for some users.
`----

http://news.com.com/Windows+cursor+p...3-6173413.html

Thanks To Microsoft No Work Will Be Getting Done This Week

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.realitywired.com/2007/02/...one-this-week/
http://tinyurl.com/2n8hz4