The Science Education Myth

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet a new report by the Urban Institute, a nonpartisan think tank, tells a
| different story. The report disproves many confident pronouncements about the
| alleged weaknesses and failures of the U.S. education system.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizwk/071026/oc...7398.html?.v=1

Any excuse though for Microsoft to get cheaper and overworked labour. Talented
people refuse to work for an abusive monopoly, so Microsoft brings people from
overseas.

Related:

Software Execs Want Visa Limits Raised

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft CEO, Other Software Executives Seek Higher Cap on Skilled
| Foreign Worker Visas
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070606/micro...tion.html?.v=1

Bill Gates to address Senate panel

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to descend on Capitol Hill
| next week to pepper a U.S. Senate committee with his suggestions for
| boosting American competitiveness.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-616...0-20&subj=news

Bill Gates says West not supplying enough IT talent

,----[ Quote ]
| A shortage of information technology graduates from Western universities is
| leading companies to call on developing countries to meet research demand,
| Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said on Tuesday.
`----

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...chnologyNews-2
http://tinyurl.com/u9bux

Study: There Is No Shortage of U.S. Engineers

,----[ Quote ]
| ...a new study from Duke University calls this argument bunk, stating
| that there is no shortage of engineers in the United States, and
| that offshoring is all about cost savings.
`----

Is There a Shortage of U.S. Tech Workers?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/car...le.php/3667376