Will you be buying Leopard? - Linux

This is a discussion on Will you be buying Leopard? - Linux ; skydweller wrote: > You claim to have voted repeatedly AND seen the results each time. Yes. I just did it again, this time no fewer than 10 votes. Same thing, except occasionally it would increment by 2 votes, indicating some ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Will you be buying Leopard?

  1. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    skydweller wrote:


    > You claim to have voted repeatedly AND seen the results each time.


    Yes. I just did it again, this time no fewer than 10 votes. Same thing,
    except occasionally it would increment by 2 votes, indicating some cola
    Linux morons are trying to keep up.

    I kept trying, about 20x and noticed very occasionally it didn't increment,
    so you're probably right, and it means there's a new vote being registered
    every couple-three seconds on average (the time it took for me to click
    Vote, page to refresh, hit Back, and click Vote again).



    > Silly me. I actually visited a page YOU provided, and highlighted a
    > feature of the page which stood in hilarious contrast to some point
    > you were trying to make (if there was a point).


    How exactly is the childish, spiteful, malicious output of teenage lowlife
    Linux lusers a contrast to anything except the claim that "Linux users are
    normal".




    >> Overwhelmingly, Linux lusers are spiteful little ragamuffins.

    >
    > I may be, though I see no evidence thereof here. Shame on you for
    > judging all linux users based on my alleged shortcomings.



    Like most Linux "advocates" you're a legend in your own mind. My prejudice
    is based on reading and listening to 3 years of anti-Microsoft hysteria from
    Linux nuts all over the Internet and Usenet. Sometimes they're right, but
    mostly they're just frothing children blaming all their computing ills on
    MS.

    The funny thing about you hypocrites is you claim to hate MS but in a
    heartbeat you'll accept any Windows job as long as the pay's good.




  2. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    >> While you're at it, explain how a few Linux idiots can out-vote
    >> millions of Windows idiots.

    >
    > Easily. Windows users vote once and get on with life, ...




    > while a few spastic,
    > childish Linux zealots sit there for an hour, clicking and clicking and
    > clicking, inflating the actual Linux usage. Nowhere else can you find
    > evidence of desktop Linux usage higher than 3%, but suddenly a poll that
    > lets you vote multiple times shows 12+%. Get real.


    You poor naive, biased, and deluded fool.

    --
    Tux rox!

  3. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Windows users don't have inferiority complexes, and don't feel the need to
    > exaggerate Windows usage.


    Stop it man! You're killing me laughter!

    You Microsoft Munchkin! You're so cute!

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    DFS wrote:

    > skydweller wrote:
    >
    >
    >> You claim to have voted repeatedly AND seen the results each time.

    >
    > Yes. I just did it again, this time no fewer than 10 votes. Same thing,
    > except occasionally it would increment by 2 votes, indicating some cola
    > Linux morons are trying to keep up.
    >
    > I kept trying, about 20x and noticed very occasionally it didn't
    > increment, so you're probably right, and it means there's a new vote being
    > registered every couple-three seconds on average (the time it took for me
    > to click Vote, page to refresh, hit Back, and click Vote again).
    >


    Really, outside an exercise such as this, only those with serious mental
    issues would do this more than a few times. And such people exist in more
    or less equal proportions in all groups.

    >
    >
    >> Silly me. I actually visited a page YOU provided, and highlighted a
    >> feature of the page which stood in hilarious contrast to some point
    >> you were trying to make (if there was a point).

    >
    > How exactly is the childish, spiteful, malicious output of teenage lowlife
    > Linux lusers a contrast to anything except the claim that "Linux users are
    > normal".


    I didn't read the comments - however, I did (and do) find the topics funny
    given the context. Perhaps you should be more careful about the things you
    cite to support your opinions. You might try acquiring a sense of humor
    while you're at it, although a sense of humor is free and no proprietary
    version exists, which may render it unacceptable to you.

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>> Overwhelmingly, Linux lusers are spiteful little ragamuffins.

    >>
    >> I may be, though I see no evidence thereof here. Shame on you for
    >> judging all linux users based on my alleged shortcomings.

    >
    >
    > Like most Linux "advocates" you're a legend in your own mind. My
    > prejudice is based on reading and listening to 3 years of anti-Microsoft
    > hysteria from
    > Linux nuts all over the Internet and Usenet. Sometimes they're right, but
    > mostly they're just frothing children blaming all their computing ills on
    > MS.
    >
    > The funny thing about you hypocrites is you claim to hate MS but in a
    > heartbeat you'll accept any Windows job as long as the pay's good.


    You know nothing about how I make a living, yet you do not hesitate to draw
    conclusions armed with this lack of knowledge.

    IIRC, you have in the past made claims to possessing some database skills.
    I find that hard to believe - logic is the foundation of relational theory,
    and I'm not sure you'd be able to pass an intro course.

    --
    This message brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department

  5. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    skydweller wrote:
    > DFS wrote:



    >> The funny thing about you hypocrites is you claim to hate MS but in a
    >> heartbeat you'll accept any Windows job as long as the pay's good.


    > You know nothing about how I make a living, yet you do not hesitate
    > to draw conclusions armed with this lack of knowledge.


    The fact you didn't deny your Windows hypocrisy is telling.



    > IIRC, you have in the past made claims to possessing some database
    > skills.


    Yup. Database design, data crunching and end-user app development is what
    I've done for a living for some 15 years.




    > I find that hard to believe - logic is the foundation of relational
    > theory, and I'm not sure you'd be able to pass an intro course.


    So you're saying I can't cut it in the commercial world, but I would make a
    good open source developer.




  6. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Windows users don't have inferiority complexes, and don't feel the
    >> need to exaggerate Windows usage.

    >
    > Stop it man! You're killing me laughter!


    What are you, a dour leprechaun?



    > You Microsoft Munchkin! You're so cute!


    Thanks. My new mustache and goatee's looking quite smart.




  7. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    Linonut wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:


    >> while a few spastic,
    >> childish Linux zealots sit there for an hour, clicking and clicking
    >> and clicking, inflating the actual Linux usage. Nowhere else can
    >> you find evidence of desktop Linux usage higher than 3%, but
    >> suddenly a poll that lets you vote multiple times shows 12+%. Get
    >> real.

    >
    > You poor naive, biased, and deluded fool.


    Excellent retort, you retard^^^^^^ freetort, you freetard.




  8. Re: Will you be buying Leopard?

    skydweller wrote:

    > Anyhow, there's no hypocrisy in taking a Windows job unless one
    > worships some other OS as a god (I know, there is some religious
    > fervor here - you seem to be one example).


    Or unless you obsessively insult Windows and its users for years.



    > From past experience, the MS platform is by far the least reliable;


    Does that experience include the open source databases MySQL or PostgreSQL?



    > you don't see it in any 24/7 apps at my current employer or at any of
    > my previous gigs. This *may* be because weekly reboots don't
    > normally fit with a 24/7 SLA (yes, ALL MS Servers are rebooted weekly
    > at my shop. Most of the 'nix servers were last rebooted for the DST
    > patch last spring.). Just speculation, of course.


    Of course:
    http://news.netcraft.com/archives/performance.html




    > I live in the "commercial world", and the skill level of
    > the average developer in a corporate shop is pathetic compared to
    > most open source devs.


    Is that so? You'd NEVER guess that based on the quality of the open source
    crapware available in the world. From MySQL to OpenOffice Base to
    gnucash to Evolution to KNode to Gambas to Gimp to KOffice, it just plain
    stinks.



    > Open source devs, OTOH, tend to be both driven and talented


    FSVO


    > - in most
    > cases, they do what they do not to earn a paycheck (although many DO
    > get paid - see Novell, RedHat, IBM, Oracle, etc., etc.) but because
    > they find it interesting and challenging. Not a bad thing at all.


    Too bad their talent doesn't match their drive.




+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2