Schools warned off Microsoft deal .. - Linux

This is a discussion on Schools warned off Microsoft deal .. - Linux ; "The UK computer agency Becta is advising schools not to sign licensing agreements with Microsoft because of alleged anti-competitive practices" "the problem was that Microsoft required schools to have licences for every PC in a school that might use its ...

  1. Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    "The UK computer agency Becta is advising schools not to sign licensing
    agreements with Microsoft because of alleged anti-competitive practices"

    "the problem was that Microsoft required schools to have licences for
    every PC in a school that might use its software, whether they were
    actually doing so or running something else"

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7063716.stm

  2. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Kier did eloquently scribble:
    > Why should I talk off-group to someone who lies about me and puts works in
    > my mouth? Show me where I 'justified MS' in schools, or anywhere else.
    > Ever. Show me how I'm a 'proprietary software plant'.

    You've said something bad about the GPL3 haven't you...
    (just a guess mind)

    | in |good to you so far... |

  3. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:05:59 +0100, spike1 wrote:

    > Kier did eloquently scribble:
    >> Why should I talk off-group to someone who lies about me and puts works in
    >> my mouth? Show me where I 'justified MS' in schools, or anywhere else.
    >> Ever. Show me how I'm a 'proprietary software plant'.

    > You've said something bad about the GPL3 haven't you...

    Don't recall so. I'm fairly neutral about that issue, actually; I can see
    both good and bad in it.

    --
    Kier

  4. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Life is complex: it has a real part and an imaginary part.

  5. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Jim Richardson espoused:

    > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:24:28 +0100,
    > Kier wrote:
    >> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:05:59 +0100, spike1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Kier did eloquently scribble:
    >>>
    >>> You've said something bad about the GPL3 haven't you...

    >> Don't recall so. I'm fairly neutral about that issue, actually; I can see
    >> both good and bad in it.
    >>

    > Doesn't matter what it is, MK doesn't take disagreement well. Especially
    > if you are right, and he's wrong (for a great example of that, see his
    > claims/dancing about the UK law on renouncing/losing citizenship)

    Oh dear, you *still* don't understand that, then?

    I gave you the reference about the difference between subjects and
    citizens. Was the english to hard to grasp?

  6. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Jim Richardson espoused:
    >>
    >> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:24:28 +0100,
    >> Kier wrote:

    >>> Don't recall so. I'm fairly neutral about that issue, actually; I can
    >>> see both good and bad in it.
    >>>

    >> Doesn't matter what it is, MK doesn't take disagreement well. Especially
    >> if you are right, and he's wrong (for a great example of that, see his
    >> claims/dancing about the UK law on renouncing/losing citizenship)
    >>

    > Oh dear, you *still* don't understand that, then?
    >
    > I gave you the reference about the difference between subjects and
    > citizens. Was the english to hard to grasp?

    Erik F taught you well in weasel wording, youg apprentice
    --
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
    significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

  7. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Mark Kent did eloquently scribble:
    >> Why would he? he hasn't defended stuff like this, he's disagreed with
    >> you, but then, that seems to be your litmus test ...
    >>

    > Ah, queue Jim to justify Kier, then.

    Mark, you're being an arsehole.
    Stop it.
    When has kier EVER done anything to defend a microsoft deal?
    (and please, supply links)
    | in |good to you so far... |

  8. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > Jim Richardson espoused:
    >>
    >> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 08:24:11 +0000,
    >> Mark Kent wrote:

    < snip >

    >>> Ah, queue Jim to justify Kier, then.
    >>>

    >> pointing out your inadequacies is not defending someone else. It's all
    >> you.
    >>

    > You seem to be making remarks about what Kier has or has not done, which
    > are, in fact, erroneous, and then using that error to justify a
    > perception of me which is also quite incorrect.
    >
    > Unfortunately, two wrongs do not a right make.

    /quote
    Now queue Kier to justify it.
    Ah, queue Jim to justify Kier, then.
    /unquote

    *You* introduced Kier here without need
    You are getting every bit as dishonest as Snot now. Why is that? Because you
    are constantly wrong and bitter because of that?
    Even Snot had better excuses. He wanted simply troll as much as possible.

    What is your excuse for your outrageous dishonesty?
    --
    It's sweet to be remembered, but it's often cheaper to be forgotten.

  9. Re: Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..

    Jim Richardson wrote:

    >Doesn't matter what it is, MK doesn't take disagreement well. Especially
    >if you are right, and he's wrong (for a great example of that, see his
    >claims/dancing about the UK law on renouncing/losing citizenship)

    He plonked me for saying that he was "cherry picking" his arguments
    (which he was). What at crime. In reality, I was showing great
    restraint with him, because he is an advocate. What I was really
    thinking was that his arguments were illogical tripe on the level of a
    Wintroll's. E.G. his implication that the closed-source Nvidia driver
    was inferior, because it was imperfect (it had a bug that went unfixed
    for a long time.)

+ Reply to Thread