Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? - Linux ; "Rick" wrote in message news:13i27fr68t430a0@news.supernews.com... > > Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? > ... because the Consent Decree and the EU have done nothing to stop > Microsoft's illegal behavior? > Not true. The consent decree and ...

  1. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "Rick" wrote in message

    > Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?
    > ... because the Consent Decree and the EU have done nothing to stop
    > Microsoft's illegal behavior?

    Not true. The consent decree and the EU have stopped Microsoft's illegal
    behavior in its tracks. There is nothing left now but legal behavior and
    that is propelling Mr. Softee to higher and higher financial successes while
    the open sourcerers play with themselves and wonder why. To do well in
    business, you first have to be in business and MS does that quite well. All
    perfectly legal, too.

  2. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:31:16 -0400, amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? ... because the Consent Decree
    >> and the EU have done nothing to stop Microsoft's illegal behavior?
    >>

    > Not true. The consent decree and the EU have stopped Microsoft's
    > illegal behavior in its tracks. There is nothing left now but legal
    > behavior and that is propelling Mr. Softee to higher and higher
    > financial successes while the open sourcerers play with themselves and
    > wonder why. To do well in business, you first have to be in business
    > and MS does that quite well. All perfectly legal, too.

    Yeah, that's why several States want the Consent decree extended 5 years

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    Cause its a scam to suck you in.
    And then dump the stock when all suckers bought it.

    --
    The most powerful Usenet tool you have ever heard of.
    NewsMaestro v. 4.0.4 has been released.

    Job list improvements for new installations having no jobs
    to begin with.

    In some previous releases some class files were missing.
    As a result, the program would not run.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Multi-job support and other important feature additions
    and various improvements and optimizations.

    Web page:
    http://newsmaestro.sourceforge.net/

    Download page:
    http://newsmaestro.sourceforge.net/D...nformation.htm

    Send any feedback to newsmaestroinfo@mail.ru.
    Your personal info will not be released and your privacy
    will be honored.

  4. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:31:16 -0400, amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? ... because the Consent Decree
    >>> and the EU have done nothing to stop Microsoft's illegal behavior?
    >>>

    >> Not true. The consent decree and the EU have stopped Microsoft's
    >> illegal behavior in its tracks. There is nothing left now but legal
    >> behavior and that is propelling Mr. Softee to higher and higher
    >> financial successes while the open sourcerers play with themselves and
    >> wonder why. To do well in business, you first have to be in business
    >> and MS does that quite well. All perfectly legal, too.

    > Yeah, that's why several States want the Consent decree extended 5 years

    Well, that's only a small percentage of the orginal trustbusters, eh? And
    all they want is for the oversight to continue. They haven't found anything
    illegal to complain about. They are like the COLA folk, all bothered by
    someone else's success detracting from their own.

  5. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    amicus_curious wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message

    >> Yeah, that's why several States want the Consent decree extended 5 years

    > Well, that's only a small percentage of the orginal trustbusters, eh? And all they want is for the oversight to continue

    "the states .. are upset that the consent decree, which they criticized
    last month as "one of the great debacles in the history of public
    antitrust enforcement," didn't diminish Microsoft's monopoly any"

    "The judge told them at a status hearing Tuesday that it wasn't supposed
    to, merely correct anti-competitive practices"

    http://dotnet.sys-con.com/read/429991.htm

    --

    I guess you are so practices at spounting EXCUSES~1 that you don't have
    to think about it anyore, it runs out of your back orifice like the runs ...

  6. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    Forgive the top post but....

    The real reason that Microsoft stock is at a 5year high is because 6 years
    ago it was so far down the toilet that even the turds couldn't see them.

    If you owned/bought microsoft stock while it was at it's peak, you would
    still be in the red today. Microsoft will never recover to it's old days...

    It's basicly dead or dieing....

    Doug Mentohl wrote:

    > amicus_curious wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message

    >>> Yeah, that's why several States want the Consent decree extended 5 years

    >> Well, that's only a small percentage of the orginal trustbusters, eh? And
    >> all they want is for the oversight to continue

    > "the states .. are upset that the consent decree, which they criticized
    > last month as "one of the great debacles in the history of public
    > antitrust enforcement," didn't diminish Microsoft's monopoly any"
    >
    > "The judge told them at a status hearing Tuesday that it wasn't supposed
    > to, merely correct anti-competitive practices"
    >
    > http://dotnet.sys-con.com/read/429991.htm

    --

    Jerry McBride

  7. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "Jerry McBride" wrote in message

    > Forgive the top post but....
    >
    > The real reason that Microsoft stock is at a 5year high is because 6 years
    > ago it was so far down the toilet that even the turds couldn't see them.

    You certainly don't mind making a fool of yourself do you Jerry. In Oct 2001
    (6 years ago) MSFT stock was at $29/share.

    > If you owned/bought microsoft stock while it was at it's peak, you would
    > still be in the red today. Microsoft will never recover to it's old
    > days...

    No ****. If you owned any technology stock at it's 1999-2000 peak you'll
    always be in the red. This applies to VA-Linux (peak = 300, now = $2),
    Novell, Red Hat, Link Linux (peak=138, now= 3) and Cisco, Lucent, NVidia,
    etc, etc.

    What a concept... technology stocks were grossly overpriced "at their peak"
    during the dot-com craze.

    > It's basicly dead or dieing....

    Yeah right. Any company that earns in excess of a BILLION dollars each and
    every month in PROFIT is certainly dead or dying. Thanks for proving once
    again that you are an clueless idiot.

    > Doug Mentohl wrote:
    >
    >> amicus_curious wrote:

    >>> Well, that's only a small percentage of the orginal trustbusters, eh?
    >>> And
    >>> all they want is for the oversight to continue

    >> "the states .. are upset that the consent decree, which they criticized
    >> last month as "one of the great debacles in the history of public
    >> antitrust enforcement," didn't diminish Microsoft's monopoly any"
    >>
    >> "The judge told them at a status hearing Tuesday that it wasn't supposed
    >> to, merely correct anti-competitive practices"
    >>
    >> http://dotnet.sys-con.com/read/429991.htm
    >>

    > --
    >

    > Jerry McBride

  8. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Doug Mentohl belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > "the states .. are upset that the consent decree, which they criticized
    > last month as "one of the great debacles in the history of public
    > antitrust enforcement," didn't diminish Microsoft's monopoly any"
    >
    > "The judge told them at a status hearing Tuesday that it wasn't supposed
    > to, merely correct anti-competitive practices"
    >
    > http://dotnet.sys-con.com/read/429991.htm

    The slammer was what was needed for Blammer. Put "Pearly" behind iron
    gates. Let Allchin do chin-ups in "the yard".

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread