[News] Linux-based Asus Eee Reviewed - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Linux-based Asus Eee Reviewed - Linux ; Asus Eee PC 701 Review ,----[ Quote ] | The Eee PC is also available from other vendors including RM, where it's | known as the RM Asus miniBook. We have reviewed Asus' £219 version here, | which will be ...

  1. [News] Linux-based Asus Eee Reviewed

    Asus Eee PC 701 Review

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Eee PC is also available from other vendors including RM, where it's
    | known as the RM Asus miniBook. We have reviewed Asus' £219 version here,
    | which will be available to buy on 14 November.
    `----

    http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,...9293507,00.htm

    It received 8.6/10.

    Thinking About Future Models of the Eee PC Laptop

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In honor of the environment, you could call that bare-bones (but very
    | functional) laptop the Greeen PC. And you'd have about 7 billion people on
    | planet Earth wanting to buy one.
    `----

    http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvo..._linux_la.html

    They ought to replace the Xandros (not with Windows).

    Related:

    Asus Eee Gets Early Russian Review

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Who has somehow got their hands on Asus' sub-$300 subnotebook? Russians,
    | that's who. And they like it.
    `----

    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/0...ee-gets-e.html

    Second-generation Asus Eee PC Mini Laptop Coming in April 2008

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Asus will release the second Generation of Eee PC mini laptops in April 2008.
    | The second-generation Eee PC laptops feature higher Intel's Merom processors
    | (now Eee PC uses Intel Celeron M to 900 MHz). Also, Asus will reduce the
    | power consumption of the next-generation laptops from 11W TDP down to 7W TDP. *
    `----

    http://laptopcom.blogspot.com/2007/0...e-pc-mini.html

    UMPC expected to spawn family of devices

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Linux could still be well-represented in In-Stat's future UMD findings,
    | however, if the current buzz around Linux- and Intel-based MIDs (mobile
    | Internet devices) holds up. Currently, Red Flag, Ubuntu, and Gnome are among
    | the open source software projects working on versions of their software
    | specially aimed at mobile devices. * *
    `----

    $199 Linux Laptop Tantalizes Before Official Launch

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This solution would work well for many families that just can't afford DSL or
    | cable modem service.
    `----

    http://blogs.pcworld.com/communityvo...nux_lapto.html

  2. Re: [News] Linux-based Asus Eee Reviewed

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > Asus Eee PC 701 Review
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| The Eee PC is also available from other vendors including RM, where it's
    >| known as the RM Asus miniBook. We have reviewed Asus' 219 version here,
    >| which will be available to buy on 14 November.
    > `----
    >
    > http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,...9293507,00.htm

    It's so inexpensive, I'm tempted to get one in order to try it out...

  3. Re: [News] Linux-based Asus Eee Reviewed

    ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 27 October 2007 10:17 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    >> Asus Eee PC 701 Review
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| The Eee PC is also available from other vendors including RM, where it's
    >>| known as the RM Asus miniBook. We have reviewed Asus' £219 version here,
    >>| which will be available to buy on 14 November.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,...9293507,00.htm
    >>

    > It's so inexpensive, I'm tempted to get one in order to try it out...

    If it grows bigger (they expect to sell 5 million within... maybe a year? Can't
    recall now), then maybe they'll get off the Xandros(oft) drug. They already
    use a different Linux on that board which boots in 5 seconds.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Tasks: 107 total, 1 running, 105 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie