[News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger - Linux ; Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords ,----[ Quote ] | From what we understand, the firm hasn't tried SLI yet. Large financial | institutions may wish to cower around about now. `---- http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open Another article seems to agree that ...

  1. [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger

    Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | From what we understand, the firm hasn't tried SLI yet. Large financial
    | institutions may wish to cower around about now.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open

    Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of this.

    Related:

    Microsoft Vista failed to spur graphics board business

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | More data from Jon Peddie Research confirmed the anecdotal
    | evidence the channel has relayed to us about the introduction
    | of Microsoft Vista.
    `----

    Content in lockdown

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There is a short list of parties who will be unauthorized to access
    | your frame buffer: You.
    `----

    http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/...OPcurve_1.html

    DRM in Windows Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Windows Vista includes an array of "features" that you don't want.
    | These features will make your computer less reliable and less secure.
    | They'll make your computer less stable and run slower. They will
    | cause technical support problems. They may even require you to
    | upgrade some of your peripheral hardware and existing software.
    | And these features won't do anything useful. In fact, they're
    | working against you. They're digital rights management (DRM)
    | features built into Vista at the behest of the entertainment
    | industry.
    |
    | And you don't get to refuse them.
    `----

    http://www.schneier.com/blog/archive...n_windows.html

  2. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger (was: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger)

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:11:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| From what we understand, the firm hasn't tried SLI yet. Large financial
    >| institutions may wish to cower around about now.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open
    >
    > Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of this.

    No, Roy. Stop lying. The article only mentions Vista as a possible target
    to this technique. Let me quote, since you seem incapable of reading it
    yourself:

    "Elcomsoft, based in Moscow, has created a password cracking technique that
    uses the same parallel processing concepts to speed up dictionary and brute
    force attacks ON THINGS LIKE Windows Vista password logins."

    In other words, it's a general purpose brute-force password cracker that
    has *NOTHING* to do with Vista. In fact, it could just as easily run on
    Linux or OSX.

    Why do you feel the need to invent stories about Windows when you can't
    actually find any?

  3. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger (was: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger)

    "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:11:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| From what we understand, the firm hasn't tried SLI yet. Large financial
    >>| institutions may wish to cower around about now.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open
    >>
    >> Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of
    >> this.

    > No, Roy. Stop lying. The article only mentions Vista as a possible
    > target
    > to this technique. Let me quote, since you seem incapable of reading it
    > yourself:
    >
    > "Elcomsoft, based in Moscow, has created a password cracking technique
    > that
    > uses the same parallel processing concepts to speed up dictionary and
    > brute
    > force attacks ON THINGS LIKE Windows Vista password logins."
    >
    > In other words, it's a general purpose brute-force password cracker that
    > has *NOTHING* to do with Vista. In fact, it could just as easily run on
    > Linux or OSX.
    >
    > Why do you feel the need to invent stories about Windows when you can't
    > actually find any?

    Roy Schestowitz is either too stupid to read or a dishonest scumbag.

  4. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger (was: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger)

    Asstroturfer Keith Windsor wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:11:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/25

    russians-geforce-crack-open

    >>> Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of
    >>> this.

    >> No, Roy. Stop lying. The article only mentions Vista as a possible
    >> target
    >> to this technique. Let me quote, since you seem incapable of reading it
    >> yourself:
    >>
    >> "Elcomsoft, based in Moscow, has created a password cracking technique
    >> that
    >> uses the same parallel processing concepts to speed up dictionary and
    >> brute
    >> force attacks ON THINGS LIKE Windows Vista password logins."
    >>
    >> In other words, it's a general purpose brute-force password cracker that
    >> has *NOTHING* to do with Vista. In fact, it could just as easily run on
    >> Linux or OSX.
    >>
    >> Why do you feel the need to invent stories about Windows when you can't
    >> actually find any?

    > Roy Schestowitz is either too stupid to read or a dishonest scumbag.

    Unlike you of course who just happens to be a Micoshaft Corporation
    funded spliffing asstroturfer who isn't a dishonest scumbag.

  5. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger (was: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger)

    Keith Windsor wrote:

    > "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:11:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Russians use Geforce to crack Vista passwords
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open

    >>> Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of
    >>> this.

    >> No, Roy. Stop lying. The article only mentions Vista as a possible
    >> target
    >> to this technique. Let me quote, since you seem incapable of reading it
    >> yourself:
    >>
    >> "Elcomsoft, based in Moscow, has created a password cracking technique
    >> that
    >> uses the same parallel processing concepts to speed up dictionary and
    >> brute
    >> force attacks ON THINGS LIKE Windows Vista password logins."
    >>
    >> In other words, it's a general purpose brute-force password cracker that
    >> has *NOTHING* to do with Vista. In fact, it could just as easily run on
    >> Linux or OSX.
    >>
    >> Why do you feel the need to invent stories about Windows when you can't
    >> actually find any?

    > Roy Schestowitz is either too stupid to read or a dishonest scumbag.

    Is that BEST you can do? You sound like a kid in kindergarden, shouting
    names... What a joke.

    --

    Jerry McBride

  6. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger (was: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger)

    ____/ Jerry McBride on Friday 26 October 2007 23:11 : \____

    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >

    >> "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open

    >>> No, Roy. Stop lying. The article only mentions Vista as a possible
    >>> target
    >>> to this technique. Let me quote, since you seem incapable of reading it
    >>> yourself:
    >>>
    >>> "Elcomsoft, based in Moscow, has created a password cracking technique
    >>> that
    >>> uses the same parallel processing concepts to speed up dictionary and
    >>> brute
    >>> force attacks ON THINGS LIKE Windows Vista password logins."
    >>>
    >>> In other words, it's a general purpose brute-force password cracker that
    >>> has *NOTHING* to do with Vista. In fact, it could just as easily run on
    >>> Linux or OSX.
    >>>
    >>> Why do you feel the need to invent stories about Windows when you can't
    >>> actually find any?

    >> Roy Schestowitz is either too stupid to read or a dishonest scumbag.
    >>

    > Is that BEST you can do? You sound like a kid in kindergarden, shouting
    > names... What a joke.

    That's the same guy (Scott Douglas, I suspect) who obsessively used the
    word "****stick" for _months_. That's why I add his nyms to the filters. In
    real life, Scott would be a venomous person that people steer away from. He's
    a bit like 'Hadron Quark' in that regard. He vents his anger (at society) by
    abusing people in public forums. It makes him feel better.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
    Cpu(s): 26.0%us, 4.4%sy, 1.0%ni, 64.2%id, 3.9%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.2%si, 0.0%st

  7. Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger (was: [News] Vista + GPU = Bruce-force Hacking Danger)

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    > ____/ Jerry McBride on Friday 26 October 2007 23:11 : \____
    >
    >> Keith Windsor wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Erik Funkenbusch" wrote in message

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...rce-crack-open

    >>> Roy Schestowitz is either too stupid to read or a dishonest scumbag.
    >>>

    >> Is that BEST you can do? You sound like a kid in kindergarden, shouting
    >> names... What a joke.

    > That's the same guy (Scott Douglas, I suspect) who obsessively used the
    > word "****stick" for _months_. That's why I add his nyms to the filters.
    > In
    > real life, Scott would be a venomous person that people steer away from.
    > He's
    > a bit like 'Hadron Quark' in that regard. He vents his anger (at society)
    > by
    > abusing people in public forums. It makes him feel better.

    That's the Roy Schestowitz who obsessively posts "24x7x365" for _months_.
    That's why I add his nyms to the filters. In real life, Roy would be a
    venomous person that people steer away from. He's a bit like a 'child
    molester' in that regard. He vents his anger (at society) by posting lies
    and half-truths in public forums. It makes him feel better about his own
    life being a total failure.

  8. Stop dodging the question, Schestowitz

    In article <16vt2nqegxrcs.dlg@funkenbusch.com>,
    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > > Another article seems to agree that Vista is somehow at the centre of this.

    > No, Roy. Stop lying. The article only mentions Vista as a possible target
    > to this technique. Let me quote, since you seem incapable of reading it
    > yourself:
    >
    > "Elcomsoft, based in Moscow, has created a password cracking technique that
    > uses the same parallel processing concepts to speed up dictionary and brute
    > force attacks ON THINGS LIKE Windows Vista password logins."
    >
    > In other words, it's a general purpose brute-force password cracker that
    > has *NOTHING* to do with Vista. In fact, it could just as easily run on
    > Linux or OSX.
    >
    > Why do you feel the need to invent stories about Windows when you can't
    > actually find any?

    How about answering the real question above, instead of spending time on
    the random anonymous posters who jumped in to insult you? Why did you
    misrepresent the article on GPU password cracking?

+ Reply to Thread