Asia to fuel Red Hat revenues

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat expects 60 percent of its revenue to come from outside the United
| States by 2009, its company CEO said today.

Red Hat exec: Open Source is mature, disruptive and innovative

,----[ Quote ]
| Craig Nielsen was one of eight speakers at the WA open source symposium
| earlier this month. He talks about where the industry stands and where it is
| rapidly heading.

Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc., a distributor of open-source Linux software, expects its
| sales in the greater China region to double in fiscal 2007 and grow by
| 85 percent in fiscal 2008, an executive said on Tuesday. "Our plan is to
| have 100 percent growth this year, and 85 percent growth next year,"
| Michael Chen, general manager of Red Hat China, told Reuters in an
| interview.

IBM Sets Up Linux Computer Support Center With Skybility Technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Skybility Technology is a Shenzhen based professional IT company that
| specializes in Linux software development, technology services, system
| integration and value-added service distribution. It is also a leading Linux
| solutions and Linux services provider in China.

China Produces $130 Computers for Less Developed Regions

,----[ Quote ]
| Sichuan based computer maker Sinomanic launched production of a
| series of low-end computers for the less developed regions in
| China. Priced as low as 998RMB ($130), these computers will
| include a Linux operating system, MIPS processor, multimedia
| and network supports. Internet browsing and documentp
| rocessing software will also be packaged into these systems.

China market: Microsoft has over 89% of desktop OS market value in 4Q06

,----[ Quote ]
| In terms of shipment volume, Microsoft also accounted for the
| largest proportion with a 65.26% share for its Windows operating
| system, followed by Linux-based Red Flag Software at 12.59% and
| China Standard Software (CS2C) at 6.64%, Analysys indicated.

Chinese PC maker offers $129 system

,----[ Quote ]