Linux-friendly browser syncs devices, desktops

,----[ Quote ]
| Multi-platform browser vendor Opera Software today released a synchronization
| program said to share Opera browser information among desktops, mobile
| phones, and other devices.
`----

Firefox already appears to have the same functionality (or roughly the same,
using plug-ins). Version 9.5 has reached beta as well.

Opera 9.5 beta released

,----[ Quote ]
| Opera 9.5 beta is available for download! Since the first alpha release
| hundreds of bugs have been fixed. Website rendering has been significantly
| improved, along with performance, stability and usability.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog...-beta-released

Opera runs on many Linux devices.

Related:

Opera OLPC Edition

,----[ Quote ]
| We have been testing Opera on the OLPC laptop since we received
| the "lean-mean-green-machine", as some here at the office like to
| call it. I have been keeping both the Opera page on the OLPC Wiki
| as well as my own blog up-to-date about work on it. We feel the
| time to be ready to show you the progress we have made.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/show.dml/704304

Perspective: Microsoft's amusing standards stance

,----[ Quote ]
| One fun thing to do in Web browsers is to check how well documents
| conform to standards. For example, you can pass the URL of
| Microsoft's letter to W3C's validator. Doing so reveals that
| the letter is not written according to the HTML specification.
| The validator finds 33 errors in the most lenient mode. (One of
| the errors is the use of the "layer" element. (The "layer" element?!)
|
| Microsoft--please--if you think standards are so important,
| why not start using them?
`----

http://news.com.com/2010-1013_3-6161...0-20&subj=news

Fluffy Spider Ports Opera Browser to FancyPants Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The integration is readily demonstrated on a desktop environment and
| initially focuses on embedded Linux operating systems, while FancyPants is
| also readily ported to other operating systems and display subsystems. *
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/e...pants-platform

Opera Everywhere

,----[ Quote ]
| I think people may not understand that we still have 10 million to 15
| million active users of the desktop browser, which in all accounts is
| a fair amount of people. We have been doing this for more than ten years.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/home/intellige...1109opera.html

Newsmaker: For Opera, smaller is better

,----[ Quote ]
| It's like you have a used car and then what are you going to do with it?
| Are you going to get rid of it and get a new one? Or are you going to give
| it a paint job? I think (what) Microsoft has done here is given it a
| paint job.
`----

http://news.com.com/2008-1032_3-6124...4184&subj=news

Opera 9.22 released