Re: [News] Take the Linux Graphics Survey - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Take the Linux Graphics Survey - Linux ; [H]omer wrote: > 2007 Linux Graphics Survey > > .---- > | This survey is intended to allow the development community to > | get a better understanding of the video hardware in use, what > | open-source and closed-source ...

  1. Re: [News] Take the Linux Graphics Survey

    [H]omer wrote:

    > 2007 Linux Graphics Survey
    >
    > .----
    > | This survey is intended to allow the development community to
    > | get a better understanding of the video hardware in use, what
    > | open-source and closed-source drivers are being used, and other
    > | relevant information.
    > `----
    >
    > http://digg.com/linux_unix/2007_Linux_Graphics_Survey

    Did you read the first post?

    "I would love to download the schematic {of a video card} and make my own"

  2. Re: [News] Take the Linux Graphics Survey

    ____/ BearItAll on Friday 26 October 2007 12:09 : \____

    > [H]omer wrote:
    >
    >> 2007 Linux Graphics Survey
    >>
    >> .----
    >> | This survey is intended to allow the development community to
    >> | get a better understanding of the video hardware in use, what
    >> | open-source and closed-source drivers are being used, and other
    >> | relevant information.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://digg.com/linux_unix/2007_Linux_Graphics_Survey
    >>

    > Did you read the first post?
    >
    > "I would love to download the schematic {of a video card} and make my own"

    Sun allows you do do this. Good luck finding/founding a multi-billion factory.
    Some groups have actually forked Sparc.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
    Swap: 1510068k total, 302916k used, 1207152k free, 107768k cached