what web browser do you prefer? - Linux

This is a discussion on what web browser do you prefer? - Linux ; firefox? IE? or others? -- Math is everything!...

  1. what web browser do you prefer?

    firefox?
    IE?
    or others?
    --
    Math is everything!

  2. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:28:30 +0800, williampan wrote:

    >firefox?
    >IE?
    >or others?

    I use firefox, konquorer, epiphany, seamonkey, opera.

    If I have to deal with a defective website that will only work with IE,
    then I run it in vmware, and sometimes revert to a snapshot afterwards as an
    anti-malware measure.

  3. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    williampan wrote:

    > firefox?
    > IE?
    > or others?

    Opera.

    Though I do have one complaint. My fish keep dieing. It's one of the
    widgets.

    You get an artificial fish tank, with artificial fish in it. I go away to
    have my dinner and come back only to find all of my artificial fish have
    died!!!

    Opera is cruel to fish, but because it's a great web browser I stay with it.

  4. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    BearItAll did eloquently scribble:
    > williampan wrote:

    >> firefox?
    >> IE?
    >> or others?

    > Opera.

    > Though I do have one complaint. My fish keep dieing. It's one of the
    > widgets.

    > You get an artificial fish tank, with artificial fish in it. I go away to
    > have my dinner and come back only to find all of my artificial fish have
    > died!!!

    Is it a sealed fishtank, or does opera have a button to press to feed your
    fish?

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  5. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    --
    PeKaJe
    Sit back and watch the messages. This is actually more important than one

  6. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:28:30 +0800, williampan wrote:

    > firefox?
    > IE?
    > or others?

    I've grown to like Epiphany.

  7. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:44:08 +0000, AZ Nomad wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:28:30 +0800, williampan wrote:
    >

    >>firefox?
    >>IE?
    >>or others?

    > I use firefox, konquorer, epiphany, seamonkey, opera.
    >
    > If I have to deal with a defective website that will only work with IE,
    > then I run it in vmware, and sometimes revert to a snapshot afterwards as an
    > anti-malware measure.

    Have you tried ie4linux? It does a nice job of setting up recent versions
    for wine - I use it to check my web sites for ms compatibility.

  8. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, williampan

    wrote
    on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:28:30 +0800
    :
    > firefox?
    > IE?
    > or others?

    My personal preference is Epiphany, which presumably is the Gnome
    default. It is a Gecko derivative.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Windows Vista. Now in nine exciting editions. Try them all!

  9. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:33:12 -0600, ray wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 04:44:08 +0000, AZ Nomad wrote:

    >> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:28:30 +0800, williampan wrote:
    >>

    >>>firefox?
    >>>IE?
    >>>or others?

    >> I use firefox, konquorer, epiphany, seamonkey, opera.
    >>
    >> If I have to deal with a defective website that will only work with IE,
    >> then I run it in vmware, and sometimes revert to a snapshot afterwards as an
    >> anti-malware measure.

    >Have you tried ie4linux? It does a nice job of setting up recent versions
    >for wine - I use it to check my web sites for ms compatibility.

    I've played around with crossover office, but the sites where I have to use
    IE crash crossover/IE6 almost immediately. I have a vmware session for my
    palmpilot/phone that I keep available all the time and I simply go there
    the few times I need IE. I also like being able to revert to a snapshot
    after I use IE to counter the amazing ease in which IE imports malware.

  10. Re: what web browser do you prefer?

    ____/ williampan on Friday 26 October 2007 04:28 : \____

    > firefox?
    > IE?
    > or others?

    I like Firefox because its many extensions make it a toolbox, not just a Web
    browser. The same goes for Konqueror as a file manager.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >