Settings to keep even after reboot - Linux

This is a discussion on Settings to keep even after reboot - Linux ; Anyone know how I can keep these settings so when I reboot my computer that it is still there - so the settings stick? # hdparm -W1 /dev/hda # hdparm -qm8 -qu1 -qc1 -qd1 /dev/hda...

  1. Settings to keep even after reboot

    Anyone know how I can keep these settings so when I reboot my computer that
    it is still there - so the settings stick?

    # hdparm -W1 /dev/hda
    # hdparm -qm8 -qu1 -qc1 -qd1 /dev/hda

  2. Re: Settings to keep even after reboot

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 05:15:54 GMT, /root wrote:
    > Anyone know how I can keep these settings so when I reboot my computer that
    > it is still there - so the settings stick?
    >
    > # hdparm -W1 /dev/hda
    > # hdparm -qm8 -qu1 -qc1 -qd1 /dev/hda

    Over a 190+ linuxes
    Please read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
    Always provide distribution, release, and if Mandrake, community,
    official, cooker, when posting questions.
    It could help you get better answers.

    On Mandrakelinux 10.1 I would create a file for each drive in
    /etc/sysconfig/harddisk${disk[$device]}

    You might try
    grep -i hardparm rc.sysinit

    while waiting for answers

  3. Re: Settings to keep even after reboot

    /root writes:

    >Anyone know how I can keep these settings so when I reboot my computer that
    >it is still there - so the settings stick?

    ># hdparm -W1 /dev/hda
    ># hdparm -qm8 -qu1 -qc1 -qd1 /dev/hda

    You do not say which distro.
    You can put these lines into /etc/rc.d/rc.local

+ Reply to Thread