Re: [News] Incredible but true: someone actually wants to buy SCO - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Incredible but true: someone actually wants to buy SCO - Linux ; [H]omer did eloquently scribble: > Fact is much, much stranger than fiction: > SCO claims it has Unix business buyer Amusing thing is, just what do they think they're buying? Novell owns unix as has been proven in court. So, ...

  1. Re: [News] Incredible but true: someone actually wants to buy SCO

    [H]omer did eloquently scribble:
    > Fact is much, much stranger than fiction:

    > SCO claims it has Unix business buyer

    Amusing thing is, just what do they think they're buying?
    Novell owns unix as has been proven in court.
    So, they buy the unix half of sco, do they also buy the litigation side (the
    bit that'll take the beatings from the countersuits of novell and ibm?)

    SCO won't be on this planet in a year's time. If Novell don't finish them
    off, IBM will.

  2. Re: [News] Incredible but true: someone actually wants to buy SCO

    ____/ spike1@freenet.co.uk on Friday 26 October 2007 01:05 : \____

    > [H]omer did eloquently scribble:
    >> Fact is much, much stranger than fiction:

    >> SCO claims it has Unix business buyer

    > Amusing thing is, just what do they think they're buying?
    > Novell owns unix as has been proven in court.
    > So, they buy the unix half of sco, do they also buy the litigation side (the
    > bit that'll take the beatings from the countersuits of novell and ibm?)
    >
    > SCO won't be on this planet in a year's time. If Novell don't finish them
    > off, IBM will.

    Maybe they want the SCO (trademarked) logo. It's kind of cute. Not sure it's
    worth $30 million though...

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
    01:20:01 up 9 days, 10:05, 3 users, load average: 0.94, 1.08, 1.29