Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second. - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second. - Linux ; Keith Windsor wrote: > Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every second, > of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where is this > collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about? ...

  1. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545every second.

    Keith Windsor wrote:
    > Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every second,
    > of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where is this
    > collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?

    Why do you care?

  2. Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every second,
    of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where is this
    collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071025/earns...soft.html?.v=2

    Revenue grew 27 percent to $13.76 billion from $10.81 billion in the
    year-ago quarter. Analysts were looking for $12.57 billion in sales.

    For the quarter ended Sept. 30, the software maker's profit climbed to $4.29
    billion, or 45 cents per share, from $3.48 billion, or 35 cents per share,
    during the same period last year.

  3. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Keith Windsor wrote:

    > Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every second,
    > of every day, 24/7 around the clock.

    I almost feel sorry for all those ignoranuses who contribute to this figure.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  4. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    "Richard Rasker" wrote in message
    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >

    >> Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every
    >> second,
    >> of every day, 24/7 around the clock.

    > I almost feel sorry for all those ignoranuses who contribute to this
    > figure.

    I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the success
    of others.

  5. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Keith Windsor wrote:

    > "Richard Rasker" wrote in message
    >> Keith Windsor wrote:
    >>

    >>> Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every
    >>> second,
    >>> of every day, 24/7 around the clock.

    >> I almost feel sorry for all those ignoranuses who contribute to this
    >> figure.

    > I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the success
    > of others.

    Duh. La Cosa Nostra has an annual turnover of 90 billion euros, or $4,000
    per second -- making Microsoft look like the amateurs they are.
    Do you think that's great as well?

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  6. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >> Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every
    >> second, of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where
    >> is this collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?
    >>

    > Why do you care?

    You and your ilk seem to be very interested in all [NEWS] about Microsoft.
    You know... things about the Zune, XBox and everything else. Surely this is
    about Microsoft so it's vital that it be posted here in COLA.

  7. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >

    >> "Richard Rasker" wrote in message

    >>> I almost feel sorry for all those ignoranuses who contribute to this
    >>> figure.

    >> I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the
    >> success
    >> of others.

    > Duh. La Cosa Nostra has an annual turnover of 90 billion euros, or $4,000
    > per second

    Where did you come up with that figure... did you get it from Rex or a
    random number generator?

    > -- making Microsoft look like the amateurs they are.
    > Do you think that's great as well?

    Are you one of those [M]orons who tries to compare Microsoft to the Cosa
    Nostra or to Al Qaeida?

  8. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Micoshaft Assotroturfer Keith Windsor wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    Corporation:

    > Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every second,
    > of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where is this
    > collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?
    >

    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071025/earns...soft.html?.v=2
    >
    > Revenue grew 27 percent to $13.76 billion from $10.81 billion in the
    > year-ago quarter. Analysts were looking for $12.57 billion in sales.
    >
    > For the quarter ended Sept. 30, the software maker's profit climbed to
    > $4.29 billion, or 45 cents per share, from $3.48 billion, or 35 cents per
    > share, during the same period last year.

    Dude you are so out of date.

    The open source movement in EU alone is now
    bigger than Micoshaft Corporation!!!

  9. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    "7" wrote in message
    news:g68Ui.37089$c_1.29928@text.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Micoshaft Assotroturfer Keith Windsor wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
    > Corporation:
    >

    >> Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every
    >> second,
    >> of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where is this
    >> collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?
    >>

    >> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071025/earns...soft.html?.v=2
    >>
    >> Revenue grew 27 percent to $13.76 billion from $10.81 billion in the
    >> year-ago quarter. Analysts were looking for $12.57 billion in sales.
    >>
    >> For the quarter ended Sept. 30, the software maker's profit climbed to
    >> $4.29 billion, or 45 cents per share, from $3.48 billion, or 35 cents per
    >> share, during the same period last year.

    > Dude you are so out of date.
    >
    > The open source movement in EU alone is now
    > bigger than Micoshaft Corporation!!!

    Proof? (Of course not) Perhaps we should believe you just like when you said
    this hillarious classic - "You can't discriminate against your advertiser if
    you are selling ad space even if you vehemently disagree."

  10. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >

    >> "Richard Rasker" wrote in message

    >>> I almost feel sorry for all those ignoranuses who contribute to this
    >>> figure.

    >> I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the
    >> success of others.

    > Duh. La Cosa Nostra has an annual turnover of 90 billion euros, or $4,000
    > per second -- making Microsoft look like the amateurs they are.
    > Do you think that's great as well?

    The Mafia is Italy's biggest business. It has an annual turnover of $124
    billion, which is 7% of Italy's national income. As you say, M$ are rank
    amateurs compared to them.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0

  11. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Keith Windsor wrote:

    > "Richard Rasker" wrote in message
    >> Keith Windsor wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Richard Rasker" wrote in message

    >>> I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the
    >>> success
    >>> of others.

    >> Duh. La Cosa Nostra has an annual turnover of 90 billion euros, or $4,000
    >> per second

    > Where did you come up with that figure... did you get it from Rex or a
    > random number generator?

    Erm, no. From one of Italy's leading newspapers:

    http://www.repubblica.it/2007/10/sez...a-azienda.html

    Let me translate (it's my job, after all):

    "The Mafia? It's the most successful Italian enterprise." With 90 billion
    in profits annually

    >> -- making Microsoft look like the amateurs they are.
    >> Do you think that's great as well?

    > Are you one of those [M]orons who tries to compare Microsoft to the Cosa
    > Nostra or to Al Qaeida?

    Microsoft aren't terrorists. But they are racketeers, extortionists, con men
    and bullies. So Al Qaeda: no. But with regard to La Costra Nostra: the
    comparison most certainly applies.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl/

  12. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545every second.

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:27:28 -0400, Keith Windsor wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> Keith Windsor wrote:
    >>> Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every
    >>> second, of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" -
    >>> where is this collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?
    >>>

    >> Why do you care?

    > You and your ilk

    Kiss my ass

    > seem to be very interested in all [NEWS] about
    > Microsoft. You know... things about the Zune, XBox and everything else.
    > Surely this is about Microsoft so it's vital that it be posted here in
    > COLA.

    And again, I could care less about the Zune or the XBox.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545every second.

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:55:17 -0400, Keith Windsor wrote:

    > "Richard Rasker" wrote in message
    >> Keith Windsor wrote:
    >>

    >>> Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every
    >>> second,
    >>> of every day, 24/7 around the clock.

    >> I almost feel sorry for all those ignoranuses who contribute to this
    >> figure.

    > I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the
    > success of others.

    Do you applaud the financial success of those people and corporations
    that broke the law to realize their success?

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545every second.

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:30:15 -0400, Keith Windsor wrote:

    > "Richard Rasker" wrote in message
    >> Keith Windsor wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Richard Rasker" wrote in message

    >>> I feel sorry for people who are so miserable that they despise the
    >>> success
    >>> of others.

    >> Duh. La Cosa Nostra has an annual turnover of 90 billion euros, or
    >> $4,000 per second

    > Where did you come up with that figure... did you get it from Rex or a
    > random number generator?
    >

    >> -- making Microsoft look like the amateurs they are. Do you think
    >> that's great as well?

    > Are you one of those [M]orons who tries to compare Microsoft to the Cosa
    > Nostra or to Al Qaeida?

    ... just to groups that break the law in order to get what they want.

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Rick did eloquently scribble:
    > And again, I could care less about the Zune or the XBox.

    You could?

    I know I couldn't.

    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  16. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545every second.

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:57:06 +0100, spike1 wrote:

    > Rick did eloquently scribble:
    >> And again, I could care less about the Zune or the XBox.

    > You could?
    >
    > I know I couldn't.

    Typo. I couldn't care less.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    Rick did eloquently scribble:
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:57:06 +0100, spike1 wrote:

    >> Rick did eloquently scribble:
    >>> And again, I could care less about the Zune or the XBox.

    >> You could?
    >>
    >> I know I couldn't.

    > Typo. I couldn't care less.

    Quite a common mistake in this day and age, I think.
    I've heard people SAY "I could care less" when they meant the reverse.

  18. Re: Microsoft - Selling $1750 every second. Making a profit of $545 every second.

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Keith Windsor belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Worlds largest software dynasty makes a ***PROFIT*** of $545 every second,
    > of every day, 24/7 around the clock. So "linux advocates" - where is this
    > collapse and doom & gloom you keep talking about?

    *plonk*

    --
    Tux rox!

+ Reply to Thread