not enough space to install new version of College - Linux

This is a discussion on not enough space to install new version of College - Linux ; Hi everyone. I'm trying to install the new version of College Linux (Darth Vador), but I need more space (2.56G). My whole hardrive is dedicated to this OS, but I could only come up with about 2 G. The wizard ...

  1. not enough space to install new version of College

    Hi everyone. I'm trying to install the new version of College Linux
    (Darth Vador), but I need more space (2.56G). My whole hardrive is
    dedicated to this OS, but I could only come up with about 2 G. The
    wizard doesn't let you finish setup without having atleast 2.56 G in
    the target partition.

    Can someone tell me away to install this?

    --Thanks!

  2. Re: not enough space to install new version of College

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:04:00 -0800, chrispatton wrote:
    > Hi everyone. I'm trying to install the new version of College Linux
    > (Darth Vador), but I need more space (2.56G). My whole hardrive is
    > dedicated to this OS, but I could only come up with about 2 G. The
    > wizard doesn't let you finish setup without having atleast 2.56 G in
    > the target partition.
    >
    > Can someone tell me away to install this?

    Apart from installing a new hard disk? Realistically, it's going to be a
    tight squeeze even if you manage to force the install somehow. Presumably
    there's a reason why they demand more disk space... Is it possible to
    switch to a more lightweight distribution?

    Good luck,
    Minderbinder.

  3. Re: not enough space to install new version of College

    I was hoping that I could install this one, I heard it was a really
    cool distro. But practically, I got college because of my shortage of
    ram. I only have 32 MB!!
    What other version will run on so little ram?

  4. Re: not enough space to install new version of College

    chrispatton@gmail.com wrote:
    > I was hoping that I could install this one, I heard it was a really
    > cool distro. But practically, I got college because of my shortage of
    > ram. I only have 32 MB!!
    > What other version will run on so little ram?

    Try Puppy linux. It will work on practically anything.

  5. Re: not enough space to install new version of College

    Awsome. Thanks for the help.

  6. Re: not enough space to install new version of College

    A real good one too is Beatrix - it is based off of Ubuntu - and its fast.

    wrote in message
    news:1111898886.137223.154390@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Awsome. Thanks for the help.

+ Reply to Thread