Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high? - Linux ; "chrisv" wrote in message news:2cb1i3hlbf1k3cb3ekclf9thcihiev6rn4@4ax.com... > Keith Windsor wrote: > >>I thought Microsoft was collapsing because of linux? > > Why would you think that, dumb****? No one in here has made such a > claim, that I can recall. ...

  1. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >
    >>I thought Microsoft was collapsing because of linux?

    > Why would you think that, dumb****? No one in here has made such a
    > claim, that I can recall.

    Then you're either retarded or have your head up your ass so far that you
    can no longer see. How's this for a small sample of post subject lines
    claiming that Microsoft is dying/collapsing/folding etc.

    Big new news - Indicators that Linux is leading Wintel collapsing

    Microsoft Elite Feathering Their Nests and Leaving the Sinking Ship

    (Micro)Soft-Rats Leaving Sinking Ship

    Dive, Dive, Dive : Bill Gate$ Leaving Sinking Ship

    Ballmer will follow Bill off sinking ship in 2 years

    Microsoft To Collapse, Linux Wins All

    Yes son, you and your ilk are the idiots of the world. Now back to work...
    "Clean-up in aisle 6"

  2. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    On Oct 25, 11:02 am, "Keith Windsor" wrote:

    > Now back to work...
    > "Clean-up in aisle 6"

    Hey Keith:

    As soon as you clean up that mess in aisle number 6 (*), you may want
    to take a look at the price of Microsoft, IBM and Google stock. I am
    sure they have computers in the WalMart you work in, check the prices
    in Google Finance:

    http://finance.google.com

    -Ramon

    (*) take the opportunity to clean up the excrementary bovine matter
    your have between your two ears.

  3. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
    news:1193324966.299366.189200@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > On Oct 25, 11:02 am, "Keith Windsor" wrote:
    >>
    >> Now back to work...
    >> "Clean-up in aisle 6"
    >>

    > Hey Keith:
    >
    > As soon as you clean up that mess in aisle number 6 (*), you may want
    > to take a look at the price of Microsoft, IBM and Google stock. I am
    > sure they have computers in the WalMart you work in, check the prices
    > in Google Finance:
    >
    > http://finance.google.com

    No problem. Microsoft is worth almost what IBM and Google are worth
    combined. Did you have a point?

    IBM = $155 billion
    Google = $209 billion
    Microsoft = $300 billion

  4. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    Keith Windsor wrote:
    > How's this for a small sample of post subject lines
    > claiming that Microsoft is dying/collapsing/folding etc.

    Gentlefolk, here we have one Keith Windsor, a Rip Van Winkle troll. He
    has just woken after a long slumber and feels the need to troll the usenet.

    > Big new news - Indicators that Linux is leading Wintel collapsing

    From November 2005

    > Microsoft Elite Feathering Their Nests and Leaving the Sinking Ship

    September 2004

    > (Micro)Soft-Rats Leaving Sinking Ship

    September 2005

    > Dive, Dive, Dive : Bill Gate$ Leaving Sinking Ship

    April 2004. Wow, well done Rip ... sorry, Keith.

    > Ballmer will follow Bill off sinking ship in 2 years

    February 2007

    > Microsoft To Collapse, Linux Wins All

    October 2005

    --
    Timo Pirinen
    pirisisi@dlc.fi

  5. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "Timo Pirinen" wrote in message
    > Keith Windsor wrote:
    >> How's this for a small sample of post subject lines
    >> claiming that Microsoft is dying/collapsing/folding etc.

    > Gentlefolk, here we have one Keith Windsor, a Rip Van Winkle troll. He
    > has just woken after a long slumber and feels the need to troll the
    > usenet.
    >
    >> Big new news - Indicators that Linux is leading Wintel collapsing

    > From November 2005
    >
    >> Microsoft Elite Feathering Their Nests and Leaving the Sinking Ship

    > September 2004
    >
    >> (Micro)Soft-Rats Leaving Sinking Ship

    > September 2005
    >
    >> Dive, Dive, Dive : Bill Gate$ Leaving Sinking Ship

    > April 2004. Wow, well done Rip ... sorry, Keith.
    >

    >> Ballmer will follow Bill off sinking ship in 2 years

    > February 2007
    >

    >> Microsoft To Collapse, Linux Wins All

    > October 2005

    Good job Sherlock finding the dates. Thanks for proving that the COLA idiots
    have been predicting for many years and years how Microsoft is collapsing.
    And your idiot ilk has been wrong for years and years.

    Yes, thank you for proving my point about the retards being so very wrong
    for so very long.

    [ KW ]

  6. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    On Oct 25, 11:44 am, "Keith Windsor" wrote:
    > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in messagenews:1193326252.904676.105000@57g2000hsv.go oglegroups.com...
    >

    > > On Oct 25, 11:14 am, "Keith Windsor" wrote:
    > >> "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in
    > >> messagenews:1193324966.299366.189200@22g2000hsm.go oglegroups.com...

    > >> No problem. Microsoft is worth almost what IBM and Google are worth
    > >> combined. Did you have a point?

    > >> IBM = $155 billion
    > >> Google = $209 billion
    > >> Microsoft = $300 billion

    > >> --

    > > Oh, I understand now. So the point is to be happy about the total
    > > worth. Gee, I always thought that it was more important to focus on:

    > No. The point is why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high when there have
    > been dozens, perhaps hundreds of posts here in COLA claiming that the
    > company is collapsing because linux has won.

    And exactly who would you like to become a spokesperson for a
    newsgroup?

    Should we institute some rules where people have to show stock market
    proficiency before they are allowed to post?

    Why don't you do something more useful and meaningful such as suing
    the supermarket counter tabloids for claiming that they found the
    illegitimate child of princess Di and space aliens? Hey: at least
    those rags have an official representative, board, etc.

    I suggest that your anger is misdirected. My guess is that it may have
    been triggered not only by Microsoft's stock stagnation, but the
    recent European defeat. (talk about Napoleon's Waterloo!)

    This NG is filled with celebration and you come out of the left field
    to try to spoil our party.

    -Ramon

  7. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
    news:1193330362.122272.62310@v3g2000hsg.googlegrou ps.com...
    > On Oct 25, 11:44 am, "Keith Windsor" wrote:
    >> "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in
    >> messagenews:1193326252.904676.105000@57g2000hsv.go oglegroups.com...

    >> > Oh, I understand now. So the point is to be happy about the total
    >> > worth. Gee, I always thought that it was more important to focus on:

    >> No. The point is why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high when there have
    >> been dozens, perhaps hundreds of posts here in COLA claiming that the
    >> company is collapsing because linux has won.
    >>

    > And exactly who would you like to become a spokesperson for a
    > newsgroup?

    The spokesperson should be Heidi Klum. Any objections?

    > Should we institute some rules where people have to show stock market
    > proficiency before they are allowed to post?

    As you just demonstrated with your "investor confidence" formula - basic
    knowledge is not a requirement to post financial information.

    > Why don't you do something more useful and meaningful such as suing
    > the supermarket counter tabloids for claiming that they found the
    > illegitimate child of princess Di and space aliens? Hey: at least
    > those rags have an official representative, board, etc.

    Stories like illegit children of space aliens are much more believable than
    many of the outlandish claims made here by "linux advocates."

    > I suggest that your anger is misdirected. My guess is that it may have
    > been triggered not only by Microsoft's stock stagnation, but the
    > recent European defeat. (talk about Napoleon's Waterloo!)

    Was there a recent European defeat? If you think there was then there is yet
    another area besides "investor confidence" that you know nothing about.
    Here's a free clue: (For all practical purposes - Microsoft won)

    http://www.thebusiness.co.uk/news-an...-victory.thtml

    Hollow Sound To EU's Microsoft Victory

    [quote]
    LONDON (Dow Jones)--The E.U. Commission's victory in its antitrust dispute
    with Microsoft is inevitably slightly hollow because of the time Microsoft
    has taken to accept Brussels' decisions.

    The practical impact of this case on the market is limited partly because
    Microsoft's rivals have already worked around many of the obstacles to
    competition that Brussels was seeking to remove.

    Microsoft has retained its dominant position over Linux, a direct competitor
    in the OS market, while continuing to thrive in Europe.

    Since the case was started in 1998, Microsoft Europe grew to 13,000
    employees from 3,900. Yearly research investment rose to almost half a
    billion dollars from $3 million.

    And now Microsoft has the regulator off its back, as well as all the
    uncertainty that went with the protracted inquiry and legal tussling.

    On the other side of the fence, competitors haven't much of material benefit
    in their hands yet.

    Yet the Microsoft settlement is very specific, restricted to
    interoperability of the Windows desktop OS and workgroup software of the
    sort that runs on servers.

    Otherwise investors should prepare themselves for more protracted antitrust
    sagas, and be ready to bet on the big guys coming through.

    [-quote]

    > This NG is filled with celebration and you come out of the left field
    > to try to spoil our party.

    I don't see much celebration here at all. What I see are a bunch of whining
    idiots making up lies and stories in order to convince each other that
    Microsoft is crumbling.

    If ignorance is bliss then you "linux advocates" must be very happy. But
    don't let that pesky reality thing interfere with your imaginative view of
    the world.

    > -Ramon

    : Keith

  8. Re: Why is Microsoft stock at a 5-year high?

    On Oct 25, 8:02 am, "Keith Windsor" wrote:

    > Yes son, you and your ilk are the idiots of the world. Now back to work...
    > "Clean-up in aisle 6"

    Hahaha! Good one Keith!

    RL

+ Reply to Thread