Where to find a wiki rpm - Linux

This is a discussion on Where to find a wiki rpm - Linux ; Hello: What wiki is available to be installed on Linux? If more then one, which one is preferred? Thanks. -- Ton...

  1. Where to find a wiki rpm

    --
    Ton

  2. Re: Where to find a wiki rpm

    Ton 't Lam wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > What wiki is available to be installed on Linux? If more then one, which
    > one is preferred? Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Ton

    This might help:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_software

    Regards,
    Larry

  3. Re: Where to find a wiki rpm

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:53:56 +0100, Ton 't Lam wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > What wiki is available to be installed on Linux? If more then one, which
    > one is preferred? Thanks.

    I use phpwiki... you just dump it into a directory on the webserver so
    there's no real need for it to be in rpm form.

    --
    Life is short, but wide. -KV

  4. Re: Where to find a wiki rpm

    Larry I Smith wrote:
    > Ton 't Lam wrote:
    >
    >>Hello:
    >>
    >>What wiki is available to be installed on Linux? If more then one, which
    >>one is preferred? Thanks.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Ton

    > This might help:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_software
    >
    > Regards,
    > Larry

    Thanks ! I didn realize there were so many Wiki-s.
    Mmm, I need to do some reading what is best. The aim is to serve 500
    persons, and estimate 10000 documents. All kinds of PDFs, DOCs, text.
    A real fast search engine is essential.

    --
    Ton

  5. Re: Where to find a wiki rpm

    Ton 't Lam wrote:
    > Larry I Smith wrote:
    >> Ton 't Lam wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> What wiki is available to be installed on Linux? If more then one, which
    >>> one is preferred? Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ton

    >> This might help:
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_software
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Larry
    >>

    > Thanks ! I didn realize there were so many Wiki-s.
    > Mmm, I need to do some reading what is best. The aim is to serve 500
    > persons, and estimate 10000 documents. All kinds of PDFs, DOCs, text.
    > A real fast search engine is essential.
    >
    > --
    > Ton

    I have no direct experience, but MediaWiki seems to
    be quite popular.

    Larry