[News] An SCO Without UNIX... Litigator/Troll Nears End - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] An SCO Without UNIX... Litigator/Troll Nears End - Linux ; UPDATE: NY investment management company offers to buy SCO for $36M ,----[ Quote ] | The SCO Group is seeking U.S. Bankruptcy Court approval to sell its Unix | business to a New York investment management firm for $36 million, ...

  1. [News] An SCO Without UNIX... Litigator/Troll Nears End

    UPDATE: NY investment management company offers to buy SCO for $36M

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The SCO Group is seeking U.S. Bankruptcy Court approval to sell its Unix
    | business to a New York investment management firm for $36 million, according
    | to documents filed today with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
    `----

    http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/241159/3/

    Related:

    SCO Tried to Gag Groklaw in 2004

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So SCO tried to gag Groklaw beginning in 2004. It moved on to
    | false insinuations to journalists, ugly innuendo during a conference
    | about me and Groklaw, having friendly journalists with PIs try to
    | dig up dirt on me, a massive astroturfing campaign all over the
    | internet, and then finally to intimidation with their recent motion.
    | Well, I'm gagging, all right, but not in a good way, and certainly
    | not in the way SCO hoped.
    |
    | I will respond like this, seriously for a moment. This is America.
    | I am an American citizen. I was born here, born to certain rights
    | as my birthright. I'm allowed to cover this litigation without
    | being harassed and intimidated or threatened or gagged. I'm
    | allowed to present facts that disprove SCO's public allegations.
    | I am allowed to write what I believe is the truth, and I'm
    | to present research about the allegations.
    `----

  2. Re: [News] An SCO Without UNIX... Litigator/Troll Nears End

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > UPDATE: NY investment management company offers to buy SCO for $36M
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The SCO Group is seeking U.S. Bankruptcy Court approval to sell its Unix
    > | business to a New York investment management firm for $36 million,
    > | according to documents filed today with the U.S. Securities and Exchange
    > | Commission.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/241159/3/

    Not enough there mate, it's $100mill you owe Novell, so just get out on the
    street selling your bodies for profit, 5 minutes in the back of the car
    $10, until you can pay the whole lot. You could also start charging your
    staff to park in the company parking lot, must be a few quid there.

    Should we be upset at the demise of SCO? Probably we should, but for some
    reason just can't bring myself to feel the least bit upset about it. In
    fact I would be happy to hold the door for them so as it doesn't slap them
    on the arse as they leave.

    > Related:
    >
    > SCO Tried to Gag Groklaw in 2004
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | So SCO tried to gag Groklaw beginning in 2004. It moved on to
    > | false insinuations to journalists, ugly innuendo during a conference
    > | about me and Groklaw, having friendly journalists with PIs try to
    > | dig up dirt on me, a massive astroturfing campaign all over the
    > | internet, and then finally to intimidation with their recent motion.
    > | Well, I'm gagging, all right, but not in a good way, and certainly
    > | not in the way SCO hoped.
    > |
    > | I will respond like this, seriously for a moment. This is America.
    > | I am an American citizen. I was born here, born to certain rights
    > | as my birthright. I'm allowed to cover this litigation without
    > | being harassed and intimidated or threatened or gagged. I'm
    > | allowed to present facts that disprove SCO's public allegations.
    > | I am allowed to write what I believe is the truth, and I'm
    > | to present research about the allegations.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...07042819571717

    It could also be said, though surely not against you Grok, that you have the
    right to pretend to be writing the truth about some things that you have no
    proof of, or maybe even made up entirely because you either think it is
    likely to be true, or at least is what you would do in that possition, or
    it just makes a damn good story, and you always have that wonderfull phrase
    to fall back on just in case your points are proven false, 'An undisclosed
    source'.

    I know I shouldn't paint all jernos with the same brush, but if your close
    enough to get splashed then I can not be held responsible for the physics
    concerning paint products.

  3. Re: [News] An SCO Without UNIX... Litigator/Troll Nears End

    ____/ BearItAll on Thursday 25 October 2007 15:48 : \____

    >> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...07042819571717

    > It could also be said, though surely not against you Grok, that you have the
    > right to pretend to be writing the truth about some things that you have no
    > proof of, or maybe even made up entirely because you either think it is
    > likely to be true, or at least is what you would do in that possition, or
    > it just makes a damn good story, and you always have that wonderfull phrase
    > to fall back on just in case your points are proven false, 'An undisclosed
    > source'.
    >
    > I know I shouldn't paint all jernos with the same brush, but if your close
    > enough to get splashed then I can not be held responsible for the physics
    > concerning paint products.

    There's a new protection law, but she might have to add some ads to apply and
    be included. de Icaza seems to have made some implicit threats over BN.com,
    but he's keeping quiet now.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | INQredible Hacktivism
    Mem: 515500k total, 444228k used, 71272k free, 7912k buffers

  4. Re: [News] An SCO Without UNIX... Litigator/Troll Nears End

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ BearItAll on Thursday 25 October 2007 15:48 : \____
    >
    >>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...07042819571717

    >> It could also be said, though surely not against you Grok, that you have the
    >> right to pretend to be writing the truth about some things that you have no
    >> proof of, or maybe even made up entirely because you either think it is
    >> likely to be true, or at least is what you would do in that possition, or
    >> it just makes a damn good story, and you always have that wonderfull phrase
    >> to fall back on just in case your points are proven false, 'An undisclosed
    >> source'.
    >>
    >> I know I shouldn't paint all jernos with the same brush, but if your close
    >> enough to get splashed then I can not be held responsible for the physics
    >> concerning paint products.

    > There's a new protection law, but she might have to add some ads to apply and
    > be included. de Icaza seems to have made some implicit threats over BN.com,
    > but he's keeping quiet now.

    He is a nasty piece of work.