[News] Another Win for GPLv3 - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Another Win for GPLv3 - Linux ; ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 16:24 : \____ > Roy Schestowitz wrote: > >> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 15:54 : \____ >> >>> Linonut wrote: >>> >>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: [News] Another Win for GPLv3

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 16:24 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 15:54 : \____

    >>> I don't care.
    >>> And he certainly does not mistake GPL3 for the best thing since sliced
    >>> bread
    >>>
    >>> Noticed his last stance on it? It does not say he thinks it is "good". He
    >>> only now thinks the final vesion is not quite as awful as the first
    >>> editions of GPL3

    >> Sun's decision on OpenSolaris could drive him into the new licence.

    > More whishful thinking
    >
    > Don't you ever tire of sounding ridiculous?

    No, I know what I read.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    In an Open world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates? -- ??
    01:20:01 up 11 days, 11:05, 3 users, load average: 1.51, 1.04, 0.93

  2. Re: [News] Another Win for GPLv3

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 16:24 : \____
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 15:54 : \____

    >>> Sun's decision on OpenSolaris could drive him into the new licence.

    >> More whishful thinking
    >>
    >> Don't you ever tire of sounding ridiculous?

    > No, I know what I read.

    Do they write about aliens abducting people also in those rags?
    --
    I say you need to visit Clues 'R' Us. They are having a special on
    slightly used clues.

  3. Re: [News] Another Win for GPLv3

    ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Sunday 28 October 2007 07:59 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Saturday 27 October 2007 16:24 : \____

    >>> More whishful thinking
    >>>
    >>> Don't you ever tire of sounding ridiculous?

    >> No, I know what I read.
    >>

    > Do they write about aliens abducting people also in those rags?

    It was in the kernel mailing lists and Morton was involved, IIRC. It was not
    said explicitly, but I can find it if you're interested.

    Several days/a week later Jonathan Schwartz invited Linus over for dinner and
    wine. There was tension he wanted to lower.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | /earth: file system full

  4. Re: [News] Another Win for GPLv3

    In article ,
    Mark Kent wrote:

    > > What is wrong with "GPL2 only"?

    > When you see how the patent game plays out, you will see.

    GPLv3 is irrelevant to the patent game. The people who control the
    patents relevant to Linux generally aren't releasing GPL software, and
    so whatever GPL, any version, says is not relevant to them.

  5. Re: [News] Another Win for GPLv3

    In article <2220837.UdEz87jDIo@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > > Don't you ever tire of sounding ridiculous?

    > No, I know what I read.

    You've admitted you only skim the articles you post about. Did you
    actually finally *read* an article???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2