Mobile Linux device stack gains motion detection

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech is extending its Qtopia embedded Linux development platform with
| iPhone-like motion control. Thanks to a partnership with motion-control
| software firm F-Origin, Qtopia developers will soon be able to trick out
| their mobile devices with interfaces that respond to landscape/portrait
| rotation, gestures, and gravity.
`----

Related:

China's iClone

,----[ Quote ]
| The little gadget was bootleg gold, a secret treasure I'd spent months
| tracking down. The miniOne looked just like Apple's iPhone, down to the slick
| no-button interface. But it was more. It ran popular mobile software that the
| iPhone wouldn't. It worked with nearly every worldwide cellphone carrier, not
| just AT&T, and not only in the U.S. It promised to cost half as much as the
| iPhone and be available to 10 times as many consumers.
`----

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

X.Org 7.4 To Get Multi-Pointer X Support

,----[ Quote ]
| X.Org 7.3 will be released later this month, and now Daniel Stone has updated
| the X.Org Wiki with a page for the X.Org 7.4 release. With the six month
| release cycle, X.Org 7.4 is planned for release in February of 2008. Some of
| the features so far on their planning page includes Multi-Pointer X which
| provides multiple cursor support... Â* Â*
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NTk4OA

Linux MPX Multi-touch Table May Become Alternative Microsoft Surface

,----[ Quote ]
| It may not be as fancy-schmancy as Microsoft Surface or Jeff Han's demos but
| this video of a Linux-based MPX multi-touch table shows that things are
| moving full speed ahead in the land of the free penguins.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/touch-me/...day-278613.php

Multi-touch support for MPX [in Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| MPX already supported multiple input devices. Which blows pretty much all
| assumptions in user interfaces (input) out of the water. Now I've gone one
| step further and added support for multi-touch displays. Have a look at this
| video... Â*
`----

http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/?q=node/86

Microsoft Rips off Researchers at Pompeu Fabra University of Barcelona

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently while on vacation I was flipping channels and came across a
| channel called “current TV”, what caught my eye was a Â*computer Â*booting
| to Kubuntu. This computer looked remarkably like Microsoft’s new
| Surface touch table. Funny thing is the reactable has been around
| over three years and research has been going on much longer than that.
`----

http://dthomasdigital.wordpress.com/...-of-barcelona/

Microsoft Surface idea not that new?

,----[ Quote ]
| An attached PC, running Linux and Reactrix software, calculates the
| location and movement of an object interrupting the beam and enables
| the system to allow a basic interaction with projected content.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32389/118/

Jeff Han's Research Ripped by Microsoft Surface?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.jorispoort.com/2007/05/je...microsoft.html