Hands on with Google's OCRopus open-source scanning software

,----[ Quote ]
| The first official alpha version of Google's OCRopus scanning software for
| Linux was released yesterday. OCRopus is built on top of HP's venerable
| open-source Tesseract optical character recognition (OCR) engine and is
| distributed under the Apache License 2.0.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-software.html
http://tinyurl.com/2hd5v5

Related:

Abiword gets experimental OCR scanning support

,----[ Quote ]
| An experimental Abiword plugin built on Ocropus and GEGL brings integrated
| OCR scanning support to the popular open source word processing program. The
| Abiword plugin is being developed by GNOME-scan creator Etienne Bersac. *
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linu...anning-support

Linux OCR: A review of free optical character recognition software

,----[ Quote ]
| The good news is that there are solutions available on Linux right
| now which interpret documents at up to 99% accuracy.
`----

http://groundstate.ca/ocr

open source document analysis and OCR system

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://code.google.com/p/ocropus/