Virus infection led me to Ubuntu. - Linux

This is a discussion on Virus infection led me to Ubuntu. - Linux ; Tattoo Vampire wrote: > Mindy Cohen wrote: > >> Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to vent and to >> anybody considering replacing Windows XP with Ubuntu, it's >> fairly easy. I'm no computer expert but even I was ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Virus infection led me to Ubuntu.

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    > Mindy Cohen wrote:
    >
    >> Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to vent and to
    >> anybody considering replacing Windows XP with Ubuntu, it's
    >> fairly easy. I'm no computer expert but even I was able to
    >> do it. I still can't believe this Linux is given away for
    >> free.

    > Is this a reverse troll? :-)

    In this case Tattoo, I think this person is genuine. Just
    because a user uses Motzarella.org Usenet server does not mean
    they are a troll.

    They do however require registration and authentication. They
    can terminate an abusive user through valid complaints.

    --
    HPT

  2. Re: Virus infection led me to Ubuntu.

    Mindy Cohen wrote:
    > My system was recently compromised probably a result of my teenage son
    > and his gaming activities.

    Probably not, unless he was stealing the games from warez sites.

    10 years of running games on Windows; not one virus as a result of it.

    > I have been reading about Linux for quite some
    > time now and decided to try it because neither I, nor none of my computer
    > friends was able to get my Compaq system completely free of the security
    > breech.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2