Transparent Microsoft Push Poll - Linux

This is a discussion on Transparent Microsoft Push Poll - Linux ; http://www.mit.edu/~mherdeg/pushpoll/ I received this email yesterday: ------------------------------------------------------------------- You elected to receive this third party message through Survey Direct. ------------------------------------------------------------------- We would like you to participate in a very important survey that is related to current trends within the Software and ...

  1. Transparent Microsoft Push Poll

    http://www.mit.edu/~mherdeg/pushpoll/

    I received this email yesterday:

    You elected to receive this third party message through
    Survey Direct.

    We would like you to participate in a very important
    survey that is related to current trends within the
    Software and PC Industry. Several companies are
    interested in your views about these recent trends,
    and how you think they will affect the industry over
    the next few years.

    To show our thanks, we would like to offer a
    $10.00 via PayPal reward if you qualify and
    complete the entire survey, which will take about
    15 minutes.

    To begin to process and see if you qualify,
    please click the following link:

    Curious, I took the survey.

    --
    Tux rox!

  2. Re: Transparent Microsoft Push Poll

    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:slrnfhukl3.s0i.linonut@mlsrock.launchmodem.co m...
    > http://www.mit.edu/~mherdeg/pushpoll/
    >

    > Curious, I took the survey.

    After reading the screens and questions I would be willing to wager that the
    poll is for REDHAT and not Microsoft. It looks like Redhat is testing the
    waters to see whether or not they should also sign a IP cross-licensing
    agreement with Microsoft.

    It's pretty obvious why Redhat would be interested in a poll like this. What
    possible reason would Microsoft have to take the survey where they ask
    specifically about how customers would feel about "Red Hat Linux"???

  3. Re: Transparent Microsoft Push Poll

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Adam Baum belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    > news:slrnfhukl3.s0i.linonut@mlsrock.launchmodem.co m...
    >> http://www.mit.edu/~mherdeg/pushpoll/
    >>
    >> Curious, I took the survey.

    > After reading the screens and questions I would be willing to wager that the
    > poll is for REDHAT and not Microsoft. It looks like Redhat is testing the
    > waters to see whether or not they should also sign a IP cross-licensing
    > agreement with Microsoft.
    >
    > It's pretty obvious why Redhat would be interested in a poll like this. What
    > possible reason would Microsoft have to take the survey where they ask
    > specifically about how customers would feel about "Red Hat Linux"???

    Because it was 2005, and Microsoft was curious about how much leverage
    it could amass against its primary Linux rival using patent FUD.

    But I do agree it could be Red Hat. Yet it smells Microsofty.

    --
    Tux rox!

  4. Re: Transparent Microsoft Push Poll

    After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

    > Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates, Inc.
    > 1120 19th St. NW Suite 700
    > Washington, DC 20036
    > US"
    >
    > http://www.novell.com/news/press/cus...ft_novell_deal
    >
    > "The survey, jointly commissioned by Novell and Microsoft, was conducted
    > by Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates Inc., a respected independent
    > market research firm."
    >
    > Looks like Sweaty's paid for some FUD to be distributed.

    Only takes a few molecules to be able to detect that Microsoft odor.

    --
    Tux rox!

  5. Re: Transparent Microsoft Push Poll

    ____/ Linonut on Wednesday 24 October 2007 18:52 : \____

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates, Inc.
    >> 1120 19th St. NW Suite 700
    >> Washington, DC 20036
    >> US"

    http://www.novell.com/news/press/cus...ft_novell_deal

    >> "The survey, jointly commissioned by Novell and Microsoft, was conducted
    >> by Penn, Schoen & Berland Associates Inc., a respected independent
    >> market research firm."
    >>
    >> Looks like Sweaty's paid for some FUD to be distributed.

    > Only takes a few molecules to be able to detect that Microsoft odor.

    It's part of the deal and part of the contract -- to spread FUD.

    Susan Hauser and the rest of the marketing gang are to blame in Novell's gang.
    They are not ashamed to use anti-Linux FUD as a marketing tool.

    http://boycottnovell.com/2007/10/01/...osoft-podcast/
    http://boycottnovell.com/2007/03/14/...hijacks-voice/

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Ping this IP, see if it collapses" --Windows TCP