Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun' - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun' - Linux ; On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:56:37 +0100, Mark Kent wrote: > [H]omer espoused: >> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly: >>> Kier wrote: >> >>>> The people who work at MS are real people too, Mark. They ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 77

  1. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:56:37 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > [H]omer espoused:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

    >>> None of them do?

    >> Kier the Microsoft apologist can't see them through his tinted glasses.
    >>

    > What he seems utterly unable to grasp is that it's the people, perhaps
    > his own neighbours, who are losing their jobs, whilst those at Microsoft
    > are trousering our licence-fee cash.

    One again, may I remind you that MS has employees with families, and you
    are always crying for it to be destroyed. So don't pull that sob-story
    crap on me.

    > I wonder if Kier will be celebrating when BBC Television Centre is sold?
    > I think he will.

    You continue to show yourself to be an idiot. The BBC would almost
    certainly have sold TVCentre anyway, since it's not longer suitable for
    the job its being asked to do. As a matter of fact, I'm sorry to see it go
    in many ways, because of its history. Unfortunately, times change, and
    its location makes it too valuable to keep on as a museum.

    --
    Kier

  2. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:02:07 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > [H]omer espoused:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

    >>> None of them do?

    >> Kier the Microsoft apologist can't see them through his tinted glasses.
    >>

    > As I said, he's "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". Or, as they
    > say up in Yorks, "you can't make a blind man see".

    I am not blind, but you certainly are, since you see more eveil than
    actually exists.

    I do not agree with all that MS does, and never have, which you know
    perfectly well. Nor do I think MS is some super-repository of evil. Have
    you ever heard of taking a balanced view? Maybe you should learn to try it
    before making groundless accusations.

    --
    Kier

  3. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    Mark Kent wrote:

    > [H]omer espoused:
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

    >>> None of them do?

    >> Kier the Microsoft apologist can't see them through his tinted glasses.
    >>

    > As I said, he's "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". Or, as they
    > say up in Yorks, "you can't make a blind man see".

    It's quite staggering to me, that he just *cannot* see what's happening.

    --
    Operating systems: FreeBSD 6.2, PC-BSD 1.4,
    Testing: FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1.5

  4. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:07:30 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    > Mark Kent wrote:

    >> He said "Microsoft people are real people too". He ignored the point
    >> completely.

    > Totally bypassed it.

    Bollocks.

    --
    Kier

  5. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    ____/ William Poaster on Friday 26 October 2007 12:07 : \____

    > It was interesting to note too, that at the time there were loud calls for
    > the licence fee to be scrapped & to limit the BBC's online services. There
    > were fears, in some quarters, about some commercial interests "gaining the
    > most from the diluting or removal of the public service commitments and
    > marginalisation of the BBC."

    Storming analysis. Good find.

    It puts it all very nicely.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
    15:05:01 up 9 days, 23:50, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.41, 0.84

  6. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    William Poaster espoused:
    > Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> [H]omer espoused:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

    >>> Kier the Microsoft apologist can't see them through his tinted glasses.
    >>>

    >> As I said, he's "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". Or, as they
    >> say up in Yorks, "you can't make a blind man see".

    > It's quite staggering to me, that he just *cannot* see what's happening.

    I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give Linux
    a bad name.

  7. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:06:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > William Poaster espoused:
    >> Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> [H]omer espoused:

    >>> As I said, he's "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil". Or,
    >>> as they say up in Yorks, "you can't make a blind man see".

    >> It's quite staggering to me, that he just *cannot* see what's
    >> happening.

    > I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    > spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give
    > Linux a bad name.

    I don't agree. Kier is just very naive and gullible. The mental age
    I'd expect of a teenager. I believe he's a lot older and hence will
    not change. The bit bucket is the best place for him.

  8. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Kier

    wrote
    on Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:14:10 +0100
    :
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:56:37 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> [H]omer espoused:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

    >>> Kier the Microsoft apologist can't see them through his tinted glasses.
    >>>

    >> What he seems utterly unable to grasp is that it's the people, perhaps
    >> his own neighbours, who are losing their jobs, whilst those at Microsoft
    >> are trousering our licence-fee cash.

    > One again, may I remind you that MS has employees
    > with families, and you are always crying for it to
    > be destroyed. So don't pull that sob-story crap on me.

    Are the moustaches, blood cells, shoes, or top hat of
    Snidely Whiplash evil?[*]

    Is either key launching Armageddon via nuclear winter
    evil? [+]

    Would that guy in the helmet pulling down the lever that
    starts up the Death Star's Alderaan-destroying weapon be
    considered evil? (I think he's shown in all of two shots,
    right next to each other.)

    For that matter, would the protective helmet of that
    guy be evil?

    The whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and in
    any event Microsoft's objective is not to provide
    child support for the unfortunate children of out-of-work
    sales managers, software developers, and IT people. :-)

    At least, not directly.

    [rest snipped]
    [*] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snidely_Whiplash . He's
    the guy dressed in black.

    [+] I have no idea how it's really done, but presumably
    two individuals are required to turn two keys to
    activate the launching system in Cold-war-era missile
    silos, as portrayed in at least one movie.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Is it cheaper to learn Linux, or to hire someone
    to fix your Windows problems?

  9. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:06:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    > spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give Linux
    > a bad name.

    Are you entirely ****ing out of your mind? Seriously. If anyone gives
    Linux a bad name, it's people like you making imbecilic statements like
    this. I've always been a Linux advocate. *YOU* are the one who encourages
    trolls, by going on and on about MS instead of Linux.

    Exactly how I can be a 'proprietary software plant', when I am currently
    not even using Windows, I can't begin to imagine. Planted by whom, may I
    ask? I work in a factory, I use Linux because I like it, I have no
    connection whatsoever with MS.

    Do for the love of mike get some fresh air, your brain is going off.

    --
    Kier

  10. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:29:34 +0000, p5000011 wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:06:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> It's quite staggering to me, that he just *cannot* see what's
    >>> happening.

    >> I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    >> spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give
    >> Linux a bad name.

    > I don't agree. Kier is just very naive and gullible. The mental age
    > I'd expect of a teenager. I believe he's a lot older and hence will
    > not change. The bit bucket is the best place for him.

    You're an idiot.

    --
    Kier

  11. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    Kier wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:29:34 +0000, p5000011 wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:06:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >>
    >>> William Poaster espoused:

    >>> I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    >>> spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give
    >>> Linux a bad name.

    >> I don't agree. Kier is just very naive and gullible. The mental age
    >> I'd expect of a teenager. I believe he's a lot older and hence will
    >> not change. The bit bucket is the best place for him.

    > You're an idiot.

    Actually he's Roy Culley, a special breed of idiot liar.

  12. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:17:46 -0500, Scott Omumo wrote:

    > Kier wrote:

    >>> I don't agree. Kier is just very naive and gullible. The mental age
    >>> I'd expect of a teenager. I believe he's a lot older and hence will
    >>> not change. The bit bucket is the best place for him.

    >> You're an idiot.
    >>

    > Actually he's Roy Culley, a special breed of idiot liar.

    And who exactly are *you*, dweeb?

    --
    Kier

  13. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.10.26.22.10.30.778412@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:06:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >

    >> I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    >> spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give Linux
    >> a bad name.

    > Are you entirely ****ing out of your mind? Seriously. If anyone gives
    > Linux a bad name, it's people like you making imbecilic statements like
    > this. I've always been a Linux advocate. *YOU* are the one who encourages
    > trolls, by going on and on about MS instead of Linux.
    >
    > Exactly how I can be a 'proprietary software plant', when I am currently
    > not even using Windows, I can't begin to imagine. Planted by whom, may I
    > ask? I work in a factory, I use Linux because I like it, I have no
    > connection whatsoever with MS.
    >
    > Do for the love of mike get some fresh air, your brain is going off.
    >
    > --
    > Kier

    Kier experience the full wrath of the "COLA Gang."

    It's all about freedom and choice. But no "advocate" is free to say anything
    that goes against the narrow party-line of the "COLA Gang" without the gang
    circling the wagons in effort to discredit the "troll" or "proprietary
    software plant."

  14. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    Kier wrote:

    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:06:42 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >

    >> I've suspected for years that he's a proprietary software plant. He
    >> spends most of his time encouraging the trolls. He's here to give Linux
    >> a bad name.

    > Are you entirely ****ing out of your mind? Seriously. If anyone gives
    > Linux a bad name, it's people like you making imbecilic statements like
    > this. I've always been a Linux advocate. *YOU* are the one who encourages
    > trolls, by going on and on about MS instead of Linux.

    I told you before, Kier. Your "love affair" with Michael Glasser (Snot)
    would bite you in the arse for years to come

    > Exactly how I can be a 'proprietary software plant', when I am currently
    > not even using Windows, I can't begin to imagine. Planted by whom, may I
    > ask? I work in a factory, I use Linux because I like it, I have no
    > connection whatsoever with MS.
    >
    > Do for the love of mike get some fresh air, your brain is going off.

    Oh, Mark is certainly a lunatic. His "conclusions" about linux and/or closed
    source border on the "imbecile" line. His only "superior" in that case
    would be "7", who is truly an imbecile

    That does not change the fact that you yourself put you right into the Flak
    fire line with your love to support idiots and trolls
    --
    Try to be the best of whatever you are, even if what you are is
    no good.

  15. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    im in ur base, deleting ur rows

  16. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    ____/ Jim Richardson on Saturday 27 October 2007 00:47 : \____

    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:27:20 +0100,
    > Kier wrote:

    I don't think that rebuts his argument too well.

    >>> Actually he's Roy Culley, a special breed of idiot liar.

    No chance.

    >> And who exactly are *you*, dweeb?

    Post seems genuine. Maybe a passer-by or a lurker.

    > he's just another nymshifter. A nonentity.

    I'm not sure about this. Watch the header.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | GNU is Not Universal (begin recursion)
    Mem: 515500k total, 440980k used, 74520k free, 5400k buffers

  17. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.10.25.12.17.42.909278@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:52:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 25 October 2007 08:29 : \____
    >>

    >>> What will you say when the last technical people at the BBC are given
    >>> their P.45s?

    >> I am not allowed to comment on this in detail, but it turns out that the
    >> crooks
    >> at the BBC have become quite fearful of this reaction. Apparently, it's
    >> all
    >> too real.

    > 'Not allowed' by whom, exactly?

    Roy's failure to answer this simple question noted.

  18. Re: Roy Schestowitz - Why are you afraid to answer the question????

    "Kier" wrote in message
    newsan.2007.10.25.12.17.42.909278@tiscali.co.uk...
    > On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:52:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 25 October 2007 08:29 : \____
    >>

    >>> What will you say when the last technical people at the BBC are given
    >>> their P.45s?

    >> I am not allowed to comment on this in detail, but it turns out that the
    >> crooks
    >> at the BBC have become quite fearful of this reaction. Apparently, it's
    >> all
    >> too real.

    > 'Not allowed' by whom, exactly?

    So do tell us what top-secret contract you signed that does not allow you to
    comment?

    None. Because you are a delusional liar and a scumbag.

  19. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    Kier espoused:
    > On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:56:37 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> [H]omer espoused:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that chrisv spake thusly:

    >>> Kier the Microsoft apologist can't see them through his tinted glasses.
    >>>

    >> What he seems utterly unable to grasp is that it's the people, perhaps
    >> his own neighbours, who are losing their jobs, whilst those at Microsoft
    >> are trousering our licence-fee cash.

    > One again, may I remind you that MS has employees with families, and you
    > are always crying for it to be destroyed.

    That is an out and out lie, Kier.

    Once again, I remind you that these are *real people*, daddy is coming
    home to tell his children that they won't be getting Christmas presents
    this year, or going on holiday, because Eric Huggers has spent £130
    millions with Microsoft, and has received, in return, nothing at all.
    So the BBC has to sack some people and close some buildings, Kier.

    These are *real people*, Kier. It's not a sob story, it's *real*.

    My position on Microsoft has always been that I expect it to continue,
    just not in its current form. I will *not*, however, defend their
    criminal activity, any more than I will defend the criminal activities
    of the BBC. I differ from you completely in this respect. Nor will I
    lie about your position, whilst you are quite happy to lie about mine.
    Again, I differ from you in this respect to. I value honest in others,
    including businesses, and in the people I deal with, equally, I too make
    the effort to be honest. You do not. You are happy to lie.

  20. Re: [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'

    Sophie McDowell espoused:

    > "Kier" wrote in message
    > newsan.2007.10.25.12.17.42.909278@tiscali.co.uk...
    >> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:52:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 25 October 2007 08:29 : \____

    >>> I am not allowed to comment on this in detail, but it turns out that the
    >>> crooks
    >>> at the BBC have become quite fearful of this reaction. Apparently, it's
    >>> all
    >>> too real.

    >> 'Not allowed' by whom, exactly?

    > Roy's failure to answer this simple question noted.

    Gary, even my little sister only changed her name once when she was 12
    or 13. You seem to do it several times a week. Get help, please?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast