Re: Grumble - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Grumble - Linux ; ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 24 October 2007 07:44 : \____ > Verily I say unto thee, that Handover Phist spake thusly: > >> Windows started acting up with the "I'm shutting down in 60 seconds" > > That sounds like ...

  1. Re: Grumble

    ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 24 October 2007 07:44 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Handover Phist spake thusly:
    >
    >> Windows started acting up with the "I'm shutting down in 60 seconds"

    > That sounds like the Blaster worm:
    >
    > http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/rpc.php
    >
    > MS supposedly patched that vulnerability years ago.
    > Perhaps it's a new variant.
    >
    > Anyway, well done, you're infected.
    >
    > Try the Trinity Rescue Kit:
    >
    > http://trinityhome.org
    >
    > Or The Ultimate Boot CD:
    >
    > http://ultimatebootcd.com

    Or try DistroWatch and install *just* Linux. The story told in the OP is
    exactly why I gave up the last win32 partition on the last PC. It's a PITA to
    manage. It's worse than a 2-year-old child waking you up 10 times a night.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Steve Ballmer is even monkier than his moniker suggests

  2. Re: Grumble

    Roy Schestowitz :
    > ____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 24 October 2007 07:44 : \____
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Handover Phist spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> Windows started acting up with the "I'm shutting down in 60 seconds"

    >> That sounds like the Blaster worm:
    >>
    >> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/rpc.php
    >>
    >> MS supposedly patched that vulnerability years ago.
    >> Perhaps it's a new variant.
    >>
    >> Anyway, well done, you're infected.
    >>
    >> Try the Trinity Rescue Kit:
    >>
    >> http://trinityhome.org
    >>
    >> Or The Ultimate Boot CD:
    >>
    >> http://ultimatebootcd.com

    > Or try DistroWatch and install *just* Linux. The story told in the OP is
    > exactly why I gave up the last win32 partition on the last PC. It's a PITA to
    > manage. It's worse than a 2-year-old child waking you up 10 times a night.

    If my game ran on any other platform, I'd use it. Even if it ran in
    VMWare I'd do that! I hate being dependant on Windows, but I am.

    --
    BORED

    http://www.websterscafe.com

+ Reply to Thread